edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Sonny, how many arms have you ripped open so far today with the CC?

Damn! for the first time in a long time I left out a pen in my EDC and kept reaching for it all day long and was like"shit" facepalm... everytime. Never realized how dependant I've become on the things I carry around everyday...

If any of you dudes were looking for a MetWrench, mine's for sale. Would rather it get put to use rather than sit in my drawer. Send me a PM if you're interested. I'll try to get a pic up when I get home.

+ free lanyards :]

Awh man, why you got to sell it. I just got mine today as I was out of town, the thing is a beauty.

Debating between Spyderco Cricket and SOG Access Card 2.0. Any thoughts? The ladybug is also on the radar, but I'd prefer one with a clip.

There's definitely pro's and cons to each. They're both really slim, but the Access Card has more length and a pretty versatile blade shape. The Cricket has a very uniquely shape blade and is more compact; it can also be opened with one hand. I've got the Access Card in black and can tell you that I find it difficult to open one handed. Likewise, if you're looking to purchase the Access Card, get the black one. The blade shape on the original stainless steel one looks like it'll lack functionality since it's nothing more than a straight blade.

Oh yeah, and the Access card is made of VG10 steel, which is one of my faves: pretty darn rust resistant, can get a really sharp edge, and does well in keeping its edge.

get the dragonfly instead of the ladybug. it has a clip. and anything smaller than that is a novelty. the dragonfly is my favorite knife right now. even ahead of my caly3. i EDC both, the dragonfly in my front jeans pocket and the caly3 clipped to my jacket handwarmer pocket. they pair well.

really want to get a WR Case knife. like a canoe or trapper or something.

for some reason, the ones with religious sayings have really captured my imagination. i am something of an agnostic/pagan but the field of crosses in the bolster really looks badass. "he is risen" sounds like a pick-up line.

Oh yeah, and the Access card is made of VG10 steel, which is one of my faves: pretty darn rust resistant, can get a really sharp edge, and does well in keeping its edge.

My Stainless steel Cricket also says VG-10, made in Seki City Japan on it. I've used it a lot and it still seems as sharp as ever, so that's nice to know.

The cricket also looks less threatening when closed, pretty cute actually.. when deployed the beak is really useful for piercing into something to start a cut, the belly is plenty cutting edge for most common tasks.

so i guess the only solution is to buy both

Solution is to buy both huh? The wallet will protest to that.

Solix, where do you usually keep your access card?

Depending on the jawn, it can fit into most of my coin pockets comfortably. That, or I just tuck it into my front pocket and let it clip. So slim you often forget its there.

vg10's cool, but i have trouble sharpening it. i very much prefer s30v

That's why you kentheNOOB. Heh..

What do you use to sharpen? I'm the opposite, I think sv30 is a bit too soft for my liking.

Bokchoy, you need to invest in a new camera.

I find that one of EDC's general rules is decent photographs or else all is lost.

agreed. functionality with steez plz.

well it's clear the guy just "started" to EDC because all his gear is the exact same as what other people here have thrown up (moleskine, quark mini, silver juice s2, DX card tool) and in unused condition (moleskine has no bend or wear, quark lanyard still unraveled etc) so if his EDC has no "steez" right now it's ok.. we all gotta start somewhere, hopefully he'll find what he likes/dislikes in his first EDC and then from then evolve to better suit his needs

it's pretty cool how that works in the EDC world, you don't really know what you need until you find an instance where something bails you out or not having something screws you over. it's a trial and error process that actually gets pretty expensive :P

definitely a sweet tool, but i prefer to carry my mini plus xl. ;)
Oh true, forgot you had another atwood already. I agree owning two is sort of useless as most features are the same from model to model

Speaking of which, used mine for the first time today, had to unscrew things. It works surprisingly well, the pry end is much thinner than I originally thought from the pictures.

Anyway, someone buy that metwrench! You def won't regret it :D

well it's clear the guy just "started" to EDC because all his gear is the exact same as what other people here have thrown up (moleskine, quark mini, silver juice s2, DX card tool) and in unused condition (moleskine has no bend or wear, quark lanyard still unraveled etc) so if his EDC has no "steez" right now it's ok.. we all gotta start somewhere, hopefully he'll find what he likes/dislikes in his first EDC and then from then evolve to better suit his needs

it's pretty cool how that works in the EDC world, you don't really know what you need until you find an instance where something bails you out or not having something screws you over. it's a trial and error process that actually gets pretty expensive :P

true... I wonder how many people went out and got a Cricket or Quark because of this thread:rolleyes:... Shit, homie I was carrying knives and leatherman's for years but I have you to thank for schooling me in the art of lumens...:D

What do you use to sharpen? I'm the opposite, I think sv30 is a bit too soft for my liking.

i just use a sharpmaker. i guess i don't have the patience for vg10, but i don't sharpen my knives as often anymore, since they're not used as often... for m vg10 knives, i usually brush them up just to keep the edge, because i find it a bitch to bring back the edge when they're dull.