edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Anyone want like 104 inches of 550 Paracord in OD Green?

I have one last piece and wouldn't mind giving it away to someone here. Maybe help a lil bit and send over $1 in paypal idk? Just putting it out there.

Update: Sold to amardeep

how thick is your iphone case that an iphone won't fit into your front pocket?

front left for me

late pass but its not so much the thickness of the iphone, more that apc front pockets are tiny. i dont even have a case yet (looking for recommendations if anyone has one they love)

17044_403505110113_785270113_10395193_6770072_n.jpg

lol these pens are pretty good at $1.25 a pop. i got 3 black and 1 orange.

i seem to be getting so many pens, i forgot i ordered these and i just got them from my friend who proxied lah. not to mention 2 pens i won from jetpens twitter contest.. mad engineering student nerd edc steez

yeahhhh

love Muji pens.

only pen i've ever used that doesn't smudge on my moleskine:

3996224509_e0781e9dd2.jpg (click for huge 2136 x 3216)

they are indeed a bit scratchy when you write on a single sheet on a desk or something similar, but in any notebook they fare well as long as the tip ain't dry.

they just released a new fountain pen that i'll have to buy&try.

a friend(internet) of mine wrote this review, thought it was dope and informative: http://inkwhisperer.blogspot.com/2009/12/muji-05mm-blue-gel-ink-pen.html

hheres another good one from my du at penaddict.com: http://www.penaddict.com/2008/10/review-muji-gel.html

Got a new Leatherman Kick for sale; open but not used. Comes with a leather sheath. It's made with 1009 steel with zytel-edged handles. Feels very hefty, construction feels strong and durable as well.

KICK-LEATHERMAN.jpg

Looking for $25 shipped. New on Amazon is about $27 excluding shipping.

This could be useful to other readers, so I'm anonymously crossposting the question and answer regarding the difference between the XP-G Mini 123 and the Neutral/Warm Mini.

should I get the standard mini 123 or the mini q35a3? also how does the quark AA work with the white top duracells?

The "standard" MiNi and the Q3-5A3 Mini are identical in every way except for the LED inside it.

The standard line uses the latest from CREE's compact LEDs, the XP-G R5, whereas the Q3-5A3 mini (which I will refer to from now on as the warm Mini) uses an older LED, CREE XP-E Q3-5A3.

The difference between XP-G and XP-E is although they have the same footprint/sized package (no homo), the XP-G has a larger surface area that actually emits light. The main consequence of this is a larger "hotspot" and overall wider beam pattern, meaning it covers more area with the same amount of light. This results in a "floodier" light, better for up close usage imo.

The XP-E package has, relative to the XP-G, a smaller surface area die (little yellow square that lights up) and as a result has a more focused, intense hotspot. These lights tend to "throw" rather than "flood" an area.

The other notation is referred to as the flux bin, which is basically an idea of how bright the LED is. R5 is much brighter than Q3 (Q3->Q5->R2->R3->R4->R5), but the Q3 has a special warm tint, "5A3".

The warm Minis trade 189 lumens OTF and a wide hotspot and beam pattern for a more focused, "dimmer", warm tint light that emits a color more closer to the natural temperature of the sun, meaning a more natural looking light, especially when rendering color of outdoor foliage, etc.

The warm Mini, because of the step down in flux bin, loses about (IIRC) 37% of the total brightness, leaving you with around 125 lumens out the front.

Another main difference is that the XP-G is a more efficient light, meaning it doesn't heat up as fast and can put out more light (since less light is lost as heat). This is an important factor if you plan on running RCR123s, since their added voltage is already not thermally supported in the standard model. Using the warm model, the increased voltage combined with the less efficient XP-E Q3 could exacerbate thermal damage.

As far as white top Duracells, those are just re-branded Sanyo Eneloops, dubbed Duraloops. They are probably the best low self discharge NiMH rechargable batteries available, but they do not provide the votlage sufficient for higher outputs in flashlights. AA lights are rated using alkalines, so their output is generally half the output of CR123a models.

Guest fettuccine

since everyone seems to be showing their knives. Here's my buck.

buck.jpg

but I just carry it around when i need to...wish i had just gotten a nice leatherman instead...just much more useful for me

^ uh? It's a lanyard dude, slash them into paracord if you need to tie something in an emergency but in the way they are they should be used for retrieval/grip and stuff like that

why would you wanna take apart one of wild style's creations :(

motherfuck thebladeshop.com

ordered my mini griptilian, went to check the order status because it's been four days without a shipping email, shit is backordered.

no fun.

Edit:

Just called, they said they usually get benchmade shipments on wednesday or thursday, so they said maybe then. Still annoying that a website will have something in stock, then not notify of a backorder, and showed that it was in stock when it was in the cart. oh well, I guess its worth the wait to save the 20 something dollars.

^ shoulda researched their feedback.. i was considering there but they got a 1 star rating for charging when an item isn't in stock without notifying you. kenthenoob said the best thing to do is email them and ask for availability before purchasing.