edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Those Lexdray packs are all pretty dope. Obviously cribbing porter but I can think of worse inspiration.

Slightly OT (? maybe). Traveling next week and wondering if anyone has a lead on a nice sized weekender. Don't want to pay 40 bucks to check my bags.

how is this for an edc bag dump (courtesy of life archive))? old school country doctor steez for my pre-med and med school homies.

4624454238_6c0d9bd246_o.jpg

i think i am gonna do a raw leather doctor bag as my personal 'intro to leatherwork' summer project. don't know if i'll edc it, but it's worth it to bring something so cool back to a profession that is getting so un-cool by the minute (except for the edc potential -- stethoscope, otoscope, penlight, hand sanitizer wut!?). also, try to think of an instance now when drs. (in the us or western europe) would ever tote their minor surgical tools and a fairly complete pharmacy with them.

why would you need any of this as a pre-med?

why would you need any of this as a pre-med?

as a pre-med, the only reason i can think of is date rape and illegal surgery on impoverished and underserved people on medical mission trips. as a med student, same, but at least it is a little more in the 'professional development' vein and a little less creeper.

i noticed it too while watching, lol. was like "he got amardeep's bottle."

hahaha

#sufufamous

i thought it was ordo with the kor bottle?

sufu kor one klan consists of me, wildstyle, and the OG ordo so far

joking righT? RIT has an insanely higher toxicity level of chemicals than normal plastic bottles WITH bpa that have been sitting in a sunny hot car all day and then microwaved.

oh shit. i'm never drinking water bottles left in the car again.

wouldn't it be best to drink out of something like wood or bamboo or somethin iono. just.. not.. metal

edit: also glad that dead_wizard isn't in fact actually dead thx to edison chen

why not metal? metal is good enough to be put inside you, right Senor Pre-Med? knees, hips, pins and plates?

wood and bamboo are porous and will grow bad micro organisms eventually. maybe not if used exclusively for water and kept very clean but all versatility is lost.

last but not least, you can clean metal. like sanitize and not worry about chemical leeching.

logic fail? :P

So.

Last night at ~230AM I'm walking a friend to her car when two cholos pull up next to us and start hollering shit. We just keep on walking. Next intersection they cut us off and jump out. I didn't have a knife on me at the time so I grab my metwrench (on my s-biner with my keys) and palm it. Dude comes at me and I just start swinging for his face. He goes down and then his friend gets in my face, pushes me up against his car and tells me to give him all the cash I got or he's gonna kill me. I reach for my wallet (which is attached by a rein) and he tries to grab it out of my hand. Thanks to the rein he stumbles and I catch him in the head. While both of them are disorientated we took off for the police substation down the street, where I was able to get help.

The whole thing was so fucking surreal, and honestly, it was pretty fucking scary to think that if I had my knife on me I could have possibly killed two men. I'm not going all anti-knife, but I think assessing the reality of using it is something we all have to do.

So yea.

A fucking atwood saved my ass from two cholos. I'm sorry Peter for talking shit about your Titanium buttons :( And thanks to everyone in this thread for at least getting me into this shit.