edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

We ain't patrolin shit. Most of those people have boring shit that is totally irrelevant to everyday carry(bacon?). No, not everyone is interested in having everything tactical in nature. But I'm sure the majority of this thread does. And thats all that matters :cool:

lol seriously guys?

EDC patrol in full effect.

not everyone is interested in having everything "tactical" in nature.

it's not a matter of being cool or tactical or anything. I appreciate at least SOME utility but seriously, raw bacon, popsicles, ironic obsolete retro vintage videogames...

i doubt many of these are their genuine EDCs but instead some collection of items that they feel 'define' them.. but it comes across as mad forced.. flickr and tumblr eat it up, though.

but yea i don't really judge people's edcs the way you think i do -_-

it's not a matter of being cool or tactical or anything. I appreciate at least SOME utility but seriously, raw bacon, popsicles, ironic obsolete retro vintage videogames...

i doubt many of these are their genuine EDCs but instead some collection of items that they feel 'define' them.. but it comes across as mad forced.. flickr and tumblr eat it up, though.

forced is right. my favourite is the guy with extra cogs so he can change gears on his fixie

So I'd like to find something similar to the gerber in size and ease of use, but obviously of better quality and a little bit more refined now that I work in an office instead of a barn. I've heard mixed reviews of Emersons in general, but have never read anything on sufu regarding the a100. Both the regular version and the mini seem like they would suit my needs, but I wanted to check that no one here had any caveats first...

many thanks.

a benchmade mini dejavoo or a spyderco bob lum chinese folder would be nice for office carry.

if you can afford it, a chris reeve sebenza or mnandi is cool, too. the mnandi looks like 2h operation but it's really 1h.

i haven't handled the a100, but i have wanted one for a while. i just never pulled the trigger on one because i've been looking into thinner folders.

haha relax playboy. i get what you mean. its your opinion. obviously alot of is forced but what they do isn't that much different than what people in this thread do. :P

anywayz. I hadn't had a chance to use my Sypderco Chicago alot until recently and have to say its becoming a fave.

haha, just make sure whatever you're dyeing will take the dye well..

apparently G10 works fine, i'm not sure how FRN works -- tho ddml and makaruii (sp?) have been able to get some results…

good luck

haha, just make sure whatever you're dyeing will take the dye well..

apparently G10 works fine, i'm not sure how FRN works -- tho ddml and makaruii (sp?) have been able to get some results…

good luck

I learned only lighter tones of G10 will take the dye well. pics to come...

my knife saved the day last night. We had a thing of Nutella, (which I actually don't like) and no knife, so here I pull out my Kershaw Leek and everyone starts using it for the nutella to spread it on bread or to lick it off the knife, I ended up getting it back covered it Nutella and clogging up the inside of the knife, but it was alright cause they ate the whole jar in about 5 minutes and no one cut themselves.

So I'd like to find something similar to the gerber in size and ease of use, but obviously of better quality and a little bit more refined now that I work in an office instead of a barn. I've heard mixed reviews of Emersons in general, but have never read anything on sufu regarding the a100. Both the regular version and the mini seem like they would suit my needs, but I wanted to check that no one here had any caveats first...

many thanks.

so you're looking for a gentlemen's knife? what's your budget?

take a look at the benchmade 440. or a 943. the 943 is easily the smoothest opening knife i've ever handled. smoother than my sebenza.

so you're looking for a gentlemen's knife? what's your budget?

take a look at the benchmade 440. or a 943. the 943 is easily the smoothest opening knife i've ever handled. smoother than my sebenza.

Well... not quite a gentleman's knife. Just something more on the refined side of the spectrum... My budget is flexible. I'm not opposed to spending up to, say, 200 but I think i'd get a little paranoid about losing it and stress myself out if I spent that much.

I've definitely checked out the 940/2/3/etc in the past and really like the look of them. I've heard the first run had some issues with the steel (chipping, etc) but the newer batch are fixed in that regard. Unlike most people folks on here I'm also not opposed to a combo blade, in fact I find them awfully useful for a lot of things. Which is good, since most of the black/black versions of the 940 involve the combo. I've got my eye on a few on ebay, some of which seem poised to be ridiculously cheap, so I might end up with one.

As for the 440, I'm not a huge fan of the multi-material handle, but that's just me.

does anyone object to photos of both?

this?

A100BTS.jpg

or this?

bm943sbk.jpg

I really prefer the handle design of the Emerson, but the blade of the Benchmade... woe is me.

In the past 24 hours I've found myself leaning towards the benchmade largely because of the higher clip placement, allowing me to bury it deeper in my back pocket. I carry plenty of things in my back pockets, including pens, but I really dislike carrying things that stick up and out.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be sure to post whatever I end up with...

the bottom one is actually a 943. i've been in the market for one. some guy was selling one on bladeforums if you are interested. i believe it's combo edge with black blade. i would have made the purchase, but the clip is satined out. :\

a bradley alias aka poor man's sebenza. it's under $200 and looks pretty good.

the bottom one is actually a 943. i've been in the market for one. some guy was selling one on bladeforums if you are interested. i believe it's combo edge with black blade. i would have made the purchase, but the clip is satined out. :\

a bradley alias aka poor man's sebenza. it's under $200 and looks pretty good.

oh, yes, I'm aware it's a 943. I've looked at the entire 94X range and am definitely more drawn towards the black grip- therefore the 943.

The bradley looks decent, but I think every time I looked at it I'd wish I had a sebenza... :)

oh, yes, I'm aware it's a 943. I've looked at the entire 94X range and am definitely more drawn towards the black grip- therefore the 943.

The bradley looks decent, but I think every time I looked at it I'd wish I had a sebenza... :)

only the 943 and 940 are in production. i'm not a fan of the green scales, so i hunted down a 942. getting hard to find.

I always like the 94x series by benchmade but could never find something that didn't look like a letter opener.

Here's my Benchmade after 3 months.

dsc0011done.jpg

the scales are anodized aluminum and it's rubbing away leaving a nice 'silver lining'.

dsc0019done.jpg

I wish Benchmade made more knives like this, especially since the CPM M4 steel is terrific. I rarely have to sharpen my knives and they stay razor sharp for at least a month. Tip hasn't chipped either which is surprising since I use it to turn the ignition on my scooter.

ayo ken,

you can order a clip from benchmade for free. just give them a call and they'll send over a clip with screws for the knife you want. you dont need to register or anything like that.

oh yeah, i forgot about calling the manufacturer. free? really? spyderco doesn't ship free accessories :\ i had to pay for the extra clips for this toad and neither of them fit :(

I wish Benchmade made more knives like this, especially since the CPM M4 steel is terrific. I rarely have to sharpen my knives and they stay razor sharp for at least a month. Tip hasn't chipped either which is surprising since I use it to turn the ignition on my scooter.

it also penetrates thumbs :D