edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

If you're just using the knife for stuff like cutting cardboard and opening packages the serrated edge is a serious pain in the neck, just gets clogged up with paper fibers and adhesive. Much better suited for outdoors activity.

yo edc people, i just busted my retractable id reel for holding my school id/access card. it was one of the cheap plastic numbers with gator clip on the back of the reel and nylon cord. anyone have any knowledge about these things or where i could get a really beefy one? i saw some generic chrome-bodied w/ steel cable on ebay and copped, but does anyone know of brand-name ones that are true workhorses and won't leave my school id lost on the floor somewhere? tia, my friends.

What do you guys think about knives with serrated edges vs combo edges vs plain edges from a EDC perspective? Is a combo edge a jack of all trades but master at none?

depends on what you're gonna use it for. i guess serrated edges are good for cutting rope that's like 5 inches thick or something. but i'm a firm believer that a sharp plain edge with good steel can do nearly everything a serrated edge can. i only have plain edges.

Aiight, that's understandable then.

while I'm here I'll post the doodoo clip:

4605119798_2b0206d72a.jpg

fckin scratch from jawnz?? iono. smh tho. emailed the mfr..

4604490665_6921246b00.jpg

4604490409_6821b9a497.jpg

the clip is super strong, almost to the point of impracticality. might have to get used to it. but rest assured you won't accidentally make it rain if you're waving it around

if you're waving your wad around you may as well be making it rain :)

plain edge > serrated unless you have a use for serrated

and glad to see some action in this thread, especially action from new comers. gives me hope for the spread of EDC.

been carrying a CRKT fulcrum lately, just cause iz coo.

and glad to see some action in this thread, especially action from new comers. gives me hope for the spread of EDC.

if you want edc to spread how about this:

talk to your brethren about the neg raping they give new guys. (sup with that?)

also,

stop keeping spots hidden. spread the word and help your brother and the retailer. (not you specifically. just the proverbial yous)

if you want edc to spread how about this:

talk to your brethren about the neg raping they give new guys. (sup with that?)

also,

stop keeping spots hidden. spread the word and help your brother and the retailer. (not you specifically. just the proverbial yous)

spots? wut? stores/deals?

if you look back through my history in this thread I've posted a nice handful of sale and deal links.

and i dont think i've ever given out a neg rep. hardly positive rep either. i forget the rep system exists most of the time.

LOL damn you guys take this shit so seriously..

Spread as in more people that see this thread, less people that ask, "uhh why do you carry a knife everyday are you some type of wacko? or why carry a multitool?" knowledge is power.

I mentioned that I posted links, even though you werent talking about me, to show that its not like we're trying to hide anything.. just because you say not me specifically doesnt mean I cant say something about it.

srsly, chill out everyone and post some damn pics or something instead of getting all angry about a simple post.

i bought a new pen today, an ohto tasche needle-point pen. theyve got it on jetpens. http://www.jetpens.com/index.php/cPath/240_132 however i didnt buy it from there.

i needed a pen that i can carry on me that i wouldnt notice and this pen is perfect. i can slip it into the empty space that my wallet creates in my back pocket and i cant even tell its there, standing or sitting. but other than that it being really thin and nice looking. it writes as well as a cheap bic. good thing for ohto and the store i bought it from, the writing quality doesn't matter to me that much, as long as it writes, its ok. newayz heres my pocket dump. super minimalistic, half the time i dont even carry the phone on me, it goes in the backpack or is left at home.

IMG_0876.jpg

lv wallet, 4-7 preon ti, ohto tasche, yuna haptic

am I allowed to post in here if I don't have an assault weapon or tactical knife?

Of course you can.. I have neither of those things.

Welcome to the thread.