edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

still got that remove trap equipped I see. never know when you'll get trapped.

edit: that made me think of that gogol bordello song 'through the roof and underground'

"when there is trap, set up for you.. in every corner of this town"

on another note, i noticed today that i've got pen fades on my front right pocket.

should almost have enough EDC exp to level up soon.

figured i'd post a pic because without a pics it didnt happen. and edc's main purpose is for pocket fades right? (9.99)

zttd1s.jpg

ok Branespload, i need help and i trust you. i am pounding through 123's in my mini way to damn fast for comfort. i need some decent rechargeables. i dont really mind about runtime cause i could carry multiple but max brightness would be nice. i dont run it for that long but just often so i am not worried about temp overload.

talk to me.

I'd say just run AW 16340s aka RCR123s from 4-sevens website, grab a charger (nano for 1 cell at a time, ultrafire offerings for multiple)

If you run it on max, do so for like 1-3 min at a time if you can, keeping your palm and fingers around the head of the light to bloodcool it. You will get significantly less run time doing this but it shouldn't be a problem if you carry multiples.

The thing about the thermal warning is that it may damage the LED, the lifespan, whatever. If an LED lasts for like what, hundred thousand hours +, you may lose a portion of that lifetime.. but I know I would have upgraded or retired a flashlight long before it gets to that point.

i wonder -- what are you doing that requires 189 lumens so often that you run through primaries? lol

you are amazing. i didnt feel like sifting through a whole bunch of CPF pages reading peoples opinions. i just wanted a straight answer and you gave it.

what are you doing that requires 189 lumens so often that you run through primaries? lol

haha lets just say, if i have 189 i am going to use 189. even if it is for tying my shoes in the kinda dark. its just ballin.

^ i used to be that way too, but really, give low and medium a try. it's more pleasant to the eye and easier on your batteries and LED.

i think i use 0.2 lm more than 200 lm these days..

yeah, i get what you're saying. thats why i only keep junk stuff clipped to my pockets and leave better stuff in my bag. 59 cents pentel pen to get that most notes for the buck ratio and energizer pen light that i dont mind losing.

to each his own. that's just excess i'd rather not carry. i just give the cheaper stuff off to friends/family or keep them in a drawer.

Tons of bands haven't been good in a long time. Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood destroy. Metallica has sucked for the last 20 years as well. And Weezer and a hundred other bands.

anyway to avoid a derail: pics coming soon. Just need a new wallet.

yeah apparently there are QC issues at the factory in taiwan where they are produced. not that it was reflected in the ones being sold but that spyderco had to return too many of them with defects

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?102258-Spyderco-Chicago...gone-already!&p=1417431#post1417431

im gonna try to pick up one or two more to give as gifts.