edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

just got a hds clicky

any reviews

candle power forums has a number of reviews. what lumen level did you get? i just ordered a used 140GT wide beam Ra Clicky last night w/ Ti bezel and sapphire crystal. can't wait for it as it'll be my first Ra / HDS light so i can see what all the fuss is about...

part II of my flashlight EDC (backpack carry) just arrived this morning - M20S with X-ML emitter:

6109937026_b0d34bfe79_z.jpg

^ I think you meant reflector, but yeah that's true.

on a related topic

i lost my 4sevens mini cr2 nw in boston. that was like seriously THE BEST backup keychain light i could find. max 160+ lumens, neutral tint, super tiny, everything I wanted. i dont know what to replace it with. anyone know whats new with lights? it seemed the recent trend from what I saw was larger and larger lights due to the onset of XML and other larger diameter emitters.

pls help

on a related topic

i lost my 4sevens mini cr2 nw in boston. that was like seriously THE BEST backup keychain light i could find. max 160+ lumens, neutral tint, super tiny, everything I wanted. i dont know what to replace it with. anyone know whats new with lights? it seemed the recent trend from what I saw was larger and larger lights due to the onset of XML and other larger diameter emitters.

pls help

from what I've learned from reviews (esp. the goinggear youtube ones) is that given the same reflectors, xml emitters still provide more flood and a less concentrated hotspot compared to the xpg emitters. this (according to the reviewers) is due to the xml emitters being larger in size than the xpgs.

i really love my olight i1 - it's 1/2" taller and 1/4" wider in diameter than your lost cr2 but it's an amazing little light. i'd recommend it as a replacement.

on a related topic

pls help

yo brane, I have your flashlight :rolleyes:

oh ok. well im not in the area i lost it so feel free to keep it and use it. i'd rather it be put to good use than to be flipped on the bay or something. change the battery first though, and replace the split ring ASAP!

carry it in good health :)

"haha yeah man thanks for the mini cr2 nw, it's much better than my old mini 123 r5'

edit: and i kno he's an aussie, i'm just running along with the joke. i thought i lost it at billy's apartment and i told him if he ever finds it he could keep it. lols

haha, couldn't remember the exact quote.

EDC related story, I work in a "trendy" clothing store here in Australia, got so many weird looks from my coworkers when they saw my cool hook, knives and flashlights.

I kind of want to upgrade my mini 123 to the sunwayman v10r ti with the aa adapter, any thoughts?

the incendio le is pretty nuts with 550 or 525 neutral tint.

http://illuminationgear.com/241082.html

or you could get this if you want ti:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?321617-FS-Phontonfanatic-Titanium-AAA-Killer

or this:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?255610-WTS-Quark-MiNi-123-R5-Ti-48

Hey brane - have you considered the new EagleTac D25C Mini? Seems like a pretty cool light for EDC.

icon10.gif

Got my Takeya Modern (18oz). Really like it, thanks for the input on that!

Also gonna order my satchel when I get home.

Next thing I'm looking to Cop is a good, durable knife. Budget of probably ~$50 (but that's an upper limit)

I currently have one of the gerber paraframes, and it's alright I guess, I just dont really like the handle, or the clip, and it's a little (and i mean just a little, maybe a 1/4") too long for my hand. I've also not been SUPER impressed with their blades. It's also teflon coated or something and it scratches easy and I dont really like the way it looks

I don't care if it's a flip out or fixed blade. If fixed I would like the tang to be full length and the handle made out of a good wood or even antler, but I kind of doubt I can get that for my price range

I'd rather if it had as little plastic as possible.

The van hoy snap lock looks nice but at the same time kinda gimmicky. I dunno, recommendations?

Sanrenmu's are incredibly good for the money. I bought a couple of 710s (Sebenza replicas/inspired) for my stepdad, dad, and grandpa for Father's Day.

When they first came in, my only gripe was that deployment wasn't too smooth. I dismantled them, thoroughly cleaned them with a bit of acetone, and added a few drops of mineral oil after putting them back together. Things were a lot more fluid afterwards, though I'm sure normal use would've done just fine in breaking them in.