edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Thanks for the recommendations!

Currently using a 'Pilot G-2 07' generic gel point that I see most professors also use. Writes quite well for exams and EDC though I've yet tried anything in the higher end.

Any of those pens that are similar to my mentioned? Will look up those tactical pens... Jason Bourne status

Thanks for the recommendations!

Currently using a 'Pilot G-2 07' generic gel point that I see most professors also use. Writes quite well for exams and EDC though I've yet tried anything in the higher end.

i like liquid gel pens a lot, but the problem is the ink runs out faster ballpoint pens.

Any of those pens that are similar to my mentioned? Will look up those tactical pens... Jason Bourne status

jason bourne didn't have a tactical pen though. he used one of these:

Pen_Bic_Blue.jpg

:P

snody tactical slingshot?

i honestly cannot see the practicality of this at all...i mean its cool and all but shit where the fuck is anyone gonna carry that without looking like dennis the menace?

a1L0QxL63q0

i'll probably get the g-10 one lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJ0EpxjZBU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJ0EpxjZBU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

snody tactical slingshot?

i honestly cannot see the practicality of this at all...i mean its cool and all but shit where the fuck is anyone gonna carry that without looking like dennis the menace?

a1L0QxL63q0

i'll probably get the g-10 one lol

dennis-menace.jpg

Slingshot in the backpocket steez :cool:

i was just thinking about how dope it would be to have

a pocket dremel for EDC or in a BOB

damn , i can imagine a dremel the size of a e1b backup flashlight by surefire, but the only problem is finding a high speed, high torque motor that small...i was thinking surgical equipment or maybe like, a computer fan or something but i dont really know the specifics of either

stoner thoughts

manix 2 in CTS-xhp carpenter steel shipped today

also have a salt h1 coming

going to the caribbean for med school, probably going to EDC the h1 salt because of its inability to corrode, but i feel so so vulnerable without a 4 inch blade lol

I would say titanium is mainly for steezing on peasants.

Titanium is in that "sweet spot", lighter than stainless steel but stronger than aluminum. I don't think the weight, cost and thermal issues justify its widespread use though.

It just feels like quality in your hand, and it can look good either polished, brushed, sandblasted, anodized, etc.. but I think it's just man bling.

While we are soliciting recommendations, I'm looking for a knife I can pocket carry here in NYC so I've been thinking about either the Spyderco Ladybug or Persistence. Anyone have any thoughts about one over the other, or have another very small folding knife they recommend?

I'm prolly the least expensive EDCer on this board...

Went to Chinatown to look for a switchblade. Really wanted to score an old school looking one. No avail.

4edbc8d6.jpg

Picked up the Chinatown blade (left) and some cheap balisong to practice with.

Then got the Smith and Wesson (middle) for $13.

Same type of release. I like it.

While we are soliciting recommendations, I'm looking for a knife I can pocket carry here in NYC so I've been thinking about either the Spyderco Ladybug or Persistence. Anyone have any thoughts about one over the other, or have another very small folding knife they recommend?

What's the knife laws in NYC? I know they're very strict, and even legal knives get confiscated. If you looking for something small a delica might work, it's a lockback style and it's fairly small. Might also want to look a a CRKT peck or a kiss.

Post I made about the Victorinox Swiss card.

http://35percent.tumblr.com/post/485224144/i-was-going-through-some-of-my-old-boy-scout-stuff

I can't make a comparison between the two, since I only have the Ladybug, but thats what I use most of the time. its either on my keychain or my coin pocket and its practically invisible. I don't even like carrying my mini-grip around just because it would be that much more visible and likely to be taken by the cops.

The ladybug is really really small, but I haven't used it yet and thought I shouldve had a bigger blade on me.

Having said that, I'm looking into either a delica or a dragonfly next

From what i've read of others encounters with police regarding knives in nyc, they'll confiscate your knife most of the time even without reason. A persistence would be WAY too big for them to just pass it by. I've got one and pulling this thing out of your pocket looks veryyyy aggressive. Also have a CRKT KISS and spyderco cricket. Those you may get away with solely because theyre less likely to be noticed.

I think that to get away with a knife in front of LEO's you'd need a very very small knife. Ladybug is pretty small so I'm assuming it'd be a good choice. Although I think if the cops catch you with any kind of knife they'll confiscate. Should try going more for what you can conceal the best and use most inconspicuously. Unless you're going to be carrying for defense. Thats a whole different story.

i want to find a ruler and compass (the drawing kind, not for directionality) that can become a part of my EDC. maybe something like a wallet card for ruler and a keychain compass.

has anyone seen anything like this?

I've been trying with no success for a while to find better measuring tools for leatherwork. Something with metric, and ENGRAVED numbering instead of PRINTED numbering, so that it's useful beyond the first week, when the printing starts scraping off.

Let me know if you come across anything in your hunt.