edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

^ good question. they seem pretty thin, but i only use ballpoints on it. with that said, my major gripe is that the pad i got is really long, too long to fit into my sexsufudb09 jawns.. to make matters worse, my DQM rucksack is super long and I'm only 5'7" so shiet tends to bang together and the pad wants to fall out (sterics concept)

i would say mnemosyne is not worth the price jetpens is charging, tho.

TLS: it's the 6" x 3.5" one i believe

PETE: lol MAYBE a lil overboard with the glow rings. who makes that tailcap add-on for the ti qmini aa? (assuming it is a qmini aa)

KNV: those little LED thingies are called "fauxtons" by flashlight nerds, because they're knockoffs of the original Photon. :)

also, FCK 4sevens for making a mini cr2 after i bought a mini123 and a mini ti 123 nw

but their S1200 SST-90 on a 26650 LiFePO4 battery is NEXT LEVEL

j0Qa3Ct3KQ8

Cottonduck beat me on the Higonokami posting... unfortunately he has the nicer brass one too (plus better story.) Mine's EDC and there is no better for what it was intended. I am marking joints and flushcutting materials regularly and it feels wonderful to use. I'm wondering if it would be blasphemous to make a hardwood handle for it as a large hand size upgrade...

Not sure this is EDC material, but... bought a Shun for my mum and it's way, way sharper than any of her german steel. It's actually sharp enough that you don't need to pierce a tomato's skin first to get a good cut. Supposedly this is due to the sharpening angle on japanese knives.

From what I've heard though, you should avoid Santokus and go for a traditional ~8inch chef knife.

I'll leave it at that as I don't want to derail the thread too much. You can always PM me if you have questions.

Also sorry to go here, but wise choice. German knives are usually tougher blades (as a generalization) but traditionally forging for Japanese knives yields a harder blade which can subsequently take a sharper edge. Doesn't really matter if it's not being used for work. I like both for different reasons and it depends on what you want.

Getting a ding out of a really hard Japanese knife sucks, but when they are sharp it's a luxury to use. IMO knives like Wüstof are more suitable for rushy use and are more of a tool that can easily be resharpened, whereas knives like Shun are beautiful to show off and use and just shouldn't be bashed around as much.

Cutting soft vegetables or fruit w/ a Santoku is great, but you wouldn't like to dice stew vegetables or clean a chicken or large fish with one.

Sorry to further derail. Don't forget waterstones! I couldn't imagine my life without them. I use them regularly enough where it's almost time to upgrade to a finish level stone that costs more than any other tool I own. They are that good.

kuruvsbic.th.jpg / correction: Aluminum grip and plastic body.

uni kuru toga 0.5mm vs bic 0.5mm

Went with your fast suggestions with the kuru and I am not disappointed. It works well on engineering paper which 4/6 of my classes require homework to be written on.

Click picture to see details. Nice to write numbers in since it's all consistent. Gotta work on my handwriting. Seems like this pencil really highlights your handwriting as well.

everyone at work was just out at SHOT. sounds like there would be a ton of rad shit.

Lots of new piston platforms, Gen4 glock, Troy tritium sights and trx extreme handguards look awesome, ACR. I'm waiting for the magpul AFG2 that converts into a bipod to come out. I'll post pictures if interested.

Burris eliminator looks awesome for you hunting folks. Automatically finds range and adjusts the reticle.

eliminatorreticlecloseu.jpg

I hate nutnfancy. what a douche.

Haha some of his videos are decent, a lot of armchair commandos swing off his nuts though.