Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

davety, how are your '47s doing? If I remember correctly from strolling the nudie forum you went a true-to-waist? I'm interested in how the legs turn out after a soak, if you did indeed do so.

what am I talking about? your '47s are you contest jeans aren't they...?

haha- yeah, everything you've said is true, so unfortunately i can't give away any post-soak details due to the fact that they're still in hibernation for a few weeks yet. the first fit is kinda promising tho, even though it's pre-soak- i was gratified by the fact that they can be done up fairly easily, because i was actually a little worried they may have been wildly undersized. they will be a tight squeeze when soaked tho, and will probably require some fairly heavy work to stretch them to a wearable waistline, but i'm optimistic about being able to do it. as for the legs, i really can't give much of an idea there yet,sorry, but there looks like there'll be plenty of room for shrinkage.

true-to-waist is always a tricky one to nail- my true waist is actually 31, my 47 is a size 30, but i wear most of my nudies in 29 (altho some 28 and 30), edwin and apc in 28, so i really just took a rough shot in the dark with these, as i generally do. it usually comes off alright

and @ joe- haha- haven't you tortured us all enough already? tell us what it is! :D

We managed to obtain a LVC item which we'll have a lottery to a lucky winner just before we start the contest!

The lottery will be open to every participant who joins before November 25th :)

I'll post more details of the item soon, watch this space :D

This is awesome

haha- yeah, everything you've said is true, so unfortunately i can't give away any post-soak details due to the fact that they're still in hibernation for a few weeks yet. the first fit is kinda promising tho, even though it's pre-soak- i was gratified by the fact that they can be done up fairly easily, because i was actually a little worried they may have been wildly undersized. they will be a tight squeeze when soaked tho, and will probably require some fairly heavy work to stretch them to a wearable waistline, but i'm optimistic about being able to do it. as for the legs, i really can't give much of an idea there yet,sorry, but there looks like there'll be plenty of room for shrinkage.

true-to-waist is always a tricky one to nail- my true waist is actually 31, my 47 is a size 30, but i wear most of my nudies in 29 (altho some 28 and 30), edwin and apc in 28, so i really just took a rough shot in the dark with these, as i generally do. it usually comes off alright

and @ joe- haha- haven't you tortured us all enough already? tell us what it is! :D

My '47s have been an amazing pair of jeans, so far. I've only worn them for about three months, raw for one month before the first soak. I went true to size (I wear 30 in APC, 31 in Nudie, 32 true size in LVC) and did a bathtub soak. Quite frankly, they didn't shrink much at all, some in the length and only a little in the waist. Put them on damp and wear them till they dry and it's a pretty friggin' perfect pair of jeans. You can't go wrong.

hey joe - looks like the cart system is a bit broken

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_quantity() on a non-object in /var/www/cultizm.com/docs/includes/cart_actions.php on line 108

I'm in for a pair of 505's when i get the chance...

My '47s have been an amazing pair of jeans, so far. I've only worn them for about three months, raw for one month before the first soak. I went true to size (I wear 30 in APC, 31 in Nudie, 32 true size in LVC) and did a bathtub soak. Quite frankly, they didn't shrink much at all, some in the length and only a little in the waist. Put them on damp and wear them till they dry and it's a pretty friggin' perfect pair of jeans. You can't go wrong.

haha- yeah, i actually made my decision based almost entirely on your advice, assuming that you are the same BAerts from mynudies :D

Yes, indeed. :-) I only lurk these days, especially on sufu. If I had any money, I'd be in on this contest, but it's hard to justify buying a brand new pair of '47s when I've already got some.

Ha ha, the 44s are good, but I'm just a huge fan of the '47. I have alot good friends who are in the upper heirarchy of the denim industry and the '47 is pretty much touted as the greatest jean ever made amongst them. :-) They've got me hooked. I've been focusing on APCs lately because of the slimmer fit as opposed to a repro look. The 54's and 67s are great as well but I don't like the zipfly. In the end, I'm just biased to the 47s.

Lottery? Am I missing something?

^^ here it is

We managed to obtain a LVC item which we'll have a lottery to a lucky winner just before we start the contest!

The lottery will be open to every participant who joins before November 25th :)

I'll post more details of the item soon, watch this space :D

might be purchasing a pair of the 47s this friday. (if shoes im bidding on ebay go too high). so im wondering, how do i get the free shipping? do i let them know when i order them?

Leave a note while ordering, there's an order form at cultizm. No offence, but this question was already answered on the 1st pages.

Got my 1901s in the mail yesterday. Was a bit disappointed with the size... ordered a 32/34 and was expecting true to size on the waist, but the true size is closer to 34. I'm guessing the problem is that Cultizm doesn't measure with the waist aligned (BiG style), but dipped.

So instead of going undersized (which I was hoping for), it looks like these will be true to size after the first soak. After much hmm'ing and ha'ing I've decided fuck it, I'm gonna rock the loose vintage fit, put the cinch to good use, and hold em up with my filson suspenders. At least it will be something a little different for the contest.

Got my 1901s in the mail yesterday. Was a bit disappointed with the size... ordered a 32/34 and was expecting true to size on the waist, but the true size is closer to 34. I'm guessing the problem is that Cultizm doesn't measure with the waist aligned (BiG style), but dipped.

So instead of going undersized (which I was hoping for), it looks like these will be true to size after the first soak. After much hmm'ing and ha'ing I've decided fuck it, I'm gonna rock the loose vintage fit, put the cinch to good use, and hold em up with my filson suspenders. At least it will be something a little different for the contest.

If it's any consolation, I've found that the older styles with very high rises fit better with a larger waist. My 47s measure 34.5" BiG style, but my Oldest Oldest measures 36". Both fit pretty well.

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late replies to some PM's, have been rather busy lately, will be somewhat busy for the next few weeks but I'll try to reply any PMs ASAP.:o

Also, apologies for the delay, but here's what we're providing, in addition to the prizes, as a lottery for all participants ;) Limited edition, not sure if you can even buy this. I want to keep it for myself!!! :o

lvcrimowacult.jpg

lvcrimowa.jpg

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late replies to some PM's, have been rather busy lately, will be somewhat busy for the next few weeks but I'll try to reply any PMs ASAP.:o

Also, apologies for the delay, but here's what we're providing, in addition to the prizes, as a lottery for all participants ;) Limited edition, not sure if you can even buy this. I want to keep it for myself!!! :o

Very nice. I hope there'll be no more other contestants...:P:p:p