Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

The banner looks great! Now what is this about a three-year contest? :)

Yep, true size. Vintage rises fit me like mid-rises so I go with my upper hip for sizing. Sucks cos I never know how fits will pan out. These are perfect, they have pretty much NO flare off the waistband. They are super-long though. I didn't think to ask Joe about sourcing out a shorter length...maybe I will do so, since return shipping would be less costly than hemming.

I wouldn't hem. What's your true inseam, what's the inseam on your 44's?

I'll enter and order up another 47 or maybe a 505 for the contest. But the best part is I think my son might enter with his pair of LVC overall prototypes, in size 1 1/2 toddler of course... I hope he doesn't outgrow them before the contest ends. I've had them and a pair of 646's on ice since before he was born, so this will be a good excuse for him to give them some wear.

Think you guys can keep up with a baby?

Awesome, glad you're joining up.

And it will be tough keeping up with a baby. I just hope he outgrows his jeans in < 6 months and has to retire them.

a kid will completely destroy them in 2 years thus voiding any chance at winning

I hope that's the case.

But, to that point I hope that the guys at Cultizm won't base the winner on who has destroyed their jeans the most.

Thanks Man. I've got a pair of 44's and they only shrink about 1.5 inches in the length after 2 soaks so I am a bit unsure...you would recommand a 36" length for me presoak in the 47's, got you right?

Ah, I'm pretty sure a dryer will cause a higher shrinking effect, but I personally wouldn't use it.

Afaik from other guyz you can go with your real size, but if you want 'em snug size down one.

Interestingly, the soaked twice, worn for a year 38x36 44's inseam is at 33.5" while the outseam is 45.5." On the unsoaked 38x36 47's, the inseam is at 36" and the outseam is 47."

Meanwhile, the 47's measure a 37" waist and the 44's are back to 38"!

I wouldn't hem. What's your true inseam, what's the inseam on your 44's?

True inseam 31 (would want a light stack, or up to a 2" cuff though). The inseam on these jeans is 38!

If I hemmed them after shrinkage, allowing for 3" eventually, they would provide some nice repair fabric....

Tagged Iength is 36" ;-)

think you can't really compare because of the higher rise. It's approx. 35" on the outside leg and approx. 34" inch inside leg. I need a 32" inseam so it's perfect after soaking for sure.

the rise make a big difference. you should measure the outseam in order to compare.

hey everyone,

I've been reading this thread with interest, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a pair of 47's to enter, yay! but, like lots of people, I'm not sure about sizing, so perhaps one of you guys can give me some pointers.

right now my only levi's are a pair of shrink to fit 501XX I bought in San Fran in May. I'm a 33 waist, and so I bought 34/34 hoping that when they'd been shrunk they'd be somewhat slim fitting. They're not, they're pretty baggy even after a tub soak and a wash/dryer cycle. So I want to avoid this with the 47's, and I'm thinking that I should get a 33" waist. How does that sound? I don't want them skin tight, but I don't want to be swimming in them, no baggy ass please! Any thoughts?

Also, anyone here know if the free shipping on contest jeans would include other items (ie shoes) in the same order? I asked both of these questions to cultizm on their page, but I guess they're a little busy;)

Looking forward to seeing how everyone's LVCs turn out!