joe mccoy

edmond

• 2 weeks later...

Joe McCoy picked up and hemmed at BiG last Saturday. Six days of wear in. Went TTS at 32w. The denim is amazing. Soft and pliable, and starting to really show some roping texture in the weave. They;re gonna be fast faders too. Blue hands all the time.

Two initial washes and machine dries. Surprisingly, the inseam didn't shrink close to the 2.5" expected. Fit is very close to my favorite fit - the Momotaro 0701, though it's also similar to the SDA 103 and Strike Gold slim fit.

Edit: post-wash/dry and one-week wear dims on these (BiG style):

w: ~34

R: 10.25

Th: 12

Kn: 8.75

L.o: 8.25

Inseam should have been 30 post-soak. Is now 31. These don't shrink 2.5" in the inseam (accounting for stretch) as I was recommended. Maybe allow for 2" inseam shrink.

I would recommend downsizing 1 on these, though TTS will give you a more classic 501 '47/'66 fit. That said, considering the lower rise on these when sizing the waist, allowing an extra inch seems to be the design intent.

joemcc001.jpg

joemcc007.jpg

joemcc008.jpg

joemcc002.jpg

joemcc003.jpg

joemcc006.jpg

joemcc005.jpg

joemcc004.jpg

trying to put togethersome of the different Joe McCoys jeans.

Lot.900

- Early model with cinchback.

- 14,75oz denim

- Deerskin patch

1251785356.jpg

Lot.901

- WWII model

- 14oz denim

- Deerskin patch

1251785948.jpg

Lot.905

- '47-'50s cut

- 14,75 oz denim

- Deerskin patch

1251786717.jpg

Lot.906

- '66 inspired cut but with hidden rivets

- 14,75oz denim

- Coated paper patch

1251787298.jpg

Lot.907

- Bootcut

- Coated paper patch

1251787847.jpg

• 2 months later...

^I tried and failed when the Samurai contest was falling through...Not enough interest because the brand doesn't get too much press on here/in general but the products are top notch.

EDIT: I'd be down to organize around 2012 once the Eternal contest is winding down...That is of course, if the world still exists?!?

coleslaw, what ever happened to your pair?

^I tried and failed when the Samurai contest was falling through...Not enough interest because the brand doesn't get too much press on here/in general but the products are top notch.

EDIT: I'd be down to organize around 2012 once the Eternal contest is winding down...That is of course, if the world still exists?!?

coleslaw, what ever happened to your pair?

If in fact we are all living in 2012, and when the heavyweight contest ends, I may want to get in on this contest.

Edit: But for now, I don't think there should be anymore mentioning of contests, cause I think people will want to jumpstart one then..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...