Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

with those pockets it looks a little to 70's for my taste. Also Rising Sun's hunting vest copies for the most part vintage hunting vests of the 20's-30's I've seen minus the bag in the back. LL Bean made a sweet one that's very close to the Rising Suns.

I think most of there canvas/denim is sanforized but don't quote me.

thanks everyone, Seeing Roys is what sold me.

I didn't hear they're sanforized but that would help. It's just right right now with my arms down. Did you soak yours? It's got that new smell on it.

Yes, its my cap. I'm still working on them. I'm trying to find a chain stitch machine to attach the band as I think it would make it easier for me. Plus, I'm close to getting some Cone Duck selvedge for them which would be sweet.

^I'm not entirely sure about the duck, actually, I'm assuming that it is sanforized but I was going to try to verify that before washing it. Isn't all of the Rising Stuff, denim included, sanforized? I should write them and ask.

rnrswitch- have you washed your ranch jacket?

not all their stuff, I washed my duck ranch jacket and it shrink like crazy.

I handwashed mine in room temp water and got almost no shrinkage.

6049922832_8abec28ed4.jpg

Gamble house side

6049923582_06ce9405f4.jpg

some seriously beautiful architecture in Pasadena, this is right next to RS

Beautiful jackets guys. I handwash my RS duck jacket as well, it fits perfectly and I dont want shrinkage so I handwash/line dry.

Thanks for the kind words guys, sorry I forgot to mention the shirt was a sample Mike was kind enough to sell me. Wasn't exactly sure of the status of it. Hopefully this will hold you over. Fit pics....

6049923742_2e2f76a7a6.jpg

6049923966_6a484880a2.jpg

6049370355_22de5f3a80.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Beautiful! I can't wait till it cools down a bit so I can actually wear mine... Did you give that a soak yet or is it still raw?

I washed it about a month ago. Hand wash with hose water and some dr. bronners.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some wear photos of my AB's. Anyone have any luck getting a hold of Rising Sun?? I know they moved but I have been calling the new number and no one ever answers. Really wanted to pick up one of the new vest whenever they are complete. Maybe they are closed until the new shop gets set up???????

www.banditphotographer.com

abb11.png

b.png

abb1.png

abb2.png

abb4.png

abb3.png

abb6.png

abb7.png

Corey, really great comparison photos! Nothing like good honest dirty wear.

Some wear photos of my AB's. Anyone have any luck getting a hold of Rising Sun?? I know they moved but I have been calling the new number and no one ever answers. Really wanted to pick up one of the new vest whenever they are complete. Maybe they are closed until the new shop gets set up???????

great side by side.

Do you know where they're moving? I've not been able to wear my ranchhand much at all because it's been so hot here for the past, well year.

Thanks guys! The new address is on their website. I don't have backups for every pair of jeans I own but I had to get a backup for these due to them being limited. One of my favorite pair of jeans produced.

eltopo, those have progressed beautifully. How are the Neustadters? Still upset I don't have the $ to pick up a pair of those.

I've mailed them a few times over the last two months but no replies...

I got an email saying that Crosby had left for other things and that they had a new manager and a new assistant. Probably between that and moving is the reason for the late response.

Beautiful wear on those AB's. Mine have finally started to show some fading on the fly. My Blacksmith's are coming along as well, I'll have to take some new photos as they are coming up on a year wear. Those two jeans I cant wear enough.

Can't wait for his next group of gear.

• 1 month later...

Just when I finally thought I might get my hands on a pair of these jeans...

The miners jeans available at Orvis.com are not on the Orvis.uk website.

It means having to pay international shipping and customs etc, which don't apply from Orvis.uk

I think it has more to do with Orvis than RS as the racer t is available on the UK site.

I contacted Orvis, apparently they value my feedback.

Just when I finally thought I might get my hands on a pair of these jeans...

The miners jeans available at Orvis.com are not on the Orvis.uk website.

It means having to pay international shipping and customs etc, which don't apply from Orvis.uk

I think it has more to do with Orvis than RS as the racer t is available on the UK site.

I contacted Orvis, apparently they value my feedback.

Who needs the miner jeans when you can get these vintage Montana '1917s' from orvis.uk?

http://www.orvis.co....&subcat_id=7433

Edited by Maynard Friedman