Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

i always thought the things that make undercover good are things that you can't really do for 49.99

but that's just me

nah. But really the price does effect materials and construction but doesn't really matter for the design half. Look at the Morishita collaboration they did as an example.

Tomorrow or this weekend i'm going to go to my university library and steal Raf Simons Redux. I've finished all my classes forever but haven't formally graduated yet so i've got to get on to this fast.

I'm going to try remove the magnetic strip in the spine, but worst case scenario is i have to borrow it and then i'll just never return it.

Hell worser worst case scenario is they track me down and make me pay for it which couldn't be more than it goes for used online...

Can't lose really.

Tomorrow or this weekend i'm going to go to my university library and steal Raf Simons Redux. I've finished all my classes forever but haven't formally graduated yet so i've got to get on to this fast.

I'm going to try remove the magnetic strip in the spine, but worst case scenario is i have to borrow it and then i'll just never return it.

Hell worser worst case scenario is they track me down and make me pay for it which couldn't be more than it goes for used online...

Can't lose really.

theyve got this and a copy of the fourth sex at my library and im always tempted to snag the fourth sex since as near as I can tell Im the only person whose checked it out (like 9 times) in three years

that would be dope.

i went for the second time to the jean paul gaultier exposition today to dake pictures of everything (+ details/close-ups) but my battery died before the end.

Will go back next week and create a thread for this.

preview:

tumblr_lorx17sK8H1qzcm07o1_500.jpg

tumblr_loon6nhrn11qzcm07o1_250.jpgtumblr_loon6nhrn11qzcm07o2_250.jpg

I still do no get Damir Doma.

i really like doma, his references are usually abstract. he goes out to textile/fabric expos and chooses fabrics that appeal to him, then he creates a garment that suits the fabric. at their most concrete, his references are from antiquity or medieval.

damir is creating stuff so far outside the current fare (like punk, romantic, gothic, sportswear or trad suiting) i think it gets overlooked.

Can't lose really.

I've stolen a couple of art books before. Your best friend is a box cutter and a secluded "study desk" area in your library with the privacy dividers. Bring a clutter of other books to the table so it looks like you're working on shit. If you think someone is following you, don't ever run.

(basically same rules as shoplifting)

I've read both Raf Simons Redux and the Fourth Sex. Nothing really super rare in these books-- and the used prices on Amazon are crazy. I think the only "fashion book" worth buying is DPM, simply because its a huge fucking tome full of reference material to return to, again and again. I'm still trying to hunt down a library that carries that rare Margiela book that was released in Hong Kong (I think for Silly Thing?). All of the books on Margiela are good too if you can steal that. The archive of crazy pictures is awesome.

Ah, I see. And agree. Jun has a tendency to include lots of redundant details. Thought it was kind of ironic for him to be the man to call a collection "less but better" as I see his vision being pretty far from Dieter Rams.

EDIT: I still love his designs though.