Guest jmatsu

Superfashion randoms thoughts

2,522 posts in this topic

new ysl men a/w 2010 is awesome, but i am too lazy to start a thread and i don't understand their new short film:

00080m-1.jpg

00220m.jpg

julius designer, horikawa tatsuro comes off like a petulant sod. he's smart enough to make himself sound like an intellectual in japland. sounds emo sometimes.

oh and homi29 likes pants.

if tatsuro is so smart, he'd realize his brand is dying a quick death. so boring, so many ripoffs.

good idea for a thread btw. :)

why do the french love attachment so much?

yeah and as we all know veronique branquinho has recently gone kaput. alota the comments in the vb is dead thread i found pretty funny. wonder if her label will reanimate itself in the future. wonder if her shit will become collector's items (obviously not to the same magnitude of lang during the label's hibernation). good investment for reselling maybe...

why do the french love attachment so much?

yeah and as we all know veronique branquinho has recently gone kaput. alota the comments in the vb is dead thread i found pretty funny. wonder if her label will reanimate itself in the future. wonder if her shit will become collector's items (obviously not to the same magnitude of lang during the label's hibernation). good investment for reselling maybe...

I really think Attachment is very French in its aesthetics, just a bit moodier, maybe. But the whole feel of Attachment has always been around this darkly romantic European count or some shit like that. Kumagai's outerwear is always pretty nice, even if there hasn't been much development of the brand in the last few seasons.

And I don't think enough people knew about Branquinho for it to demand the same prices that vintage Helmut does now, but who knows?

dunno why girls go crazy over Alexander Wang

a lot shit is made in china??

this is a good question. i know that one of his reps used to work for the news inc. and that distro company is well connected. also he's been getting good press in the japland. and recently everybody on japland's dick.

alexander wang sucks so bad. i almost feel bad for people who buy into his hype.

I rly hope branquinho becomes appointed to design for a big label or something.

I hope Raf will surprise us with a very good collection. I'm sure that Willhelm's collection is dope and Kremer will give us another cool/funny one

open toed sandals' the in thing for ss10?

Beirendonck had all these bears modeling the collection. I love that man so fucking much.

gbc, i need those pics like right now.

my rick experiment, save for the leathers and sneaks, is over. back to raf, warts and all. maybe i should wait til s/s10 is posted before commiting though.

my rick experiment, save for the leathers and sneaks, is over. back to raf, warts and all. maybe i should wait til s/s10 is posted before commiting though.

this made me glad.

alexander wang sucks so bad. i almost feel bad for people who buy into his hype.

genuinely interested in why you think so. i don't really pay him much mind and haven't really scrutinized his collections. i have seen actual women in real life (not runway) wear some of his various shit and look pleasant though.

It's for girls who want to pay a lot of money to look cheap. I think only about 1/3 of his stuff is ever very tasteful, but the dude is raking in it because he knows what 20 somethings want to max out their cards on.

i am in love with the new kosmetique label shit. so dope. esp the new a/w leather line. ordered leather jkt.

It's for girls who want to pay a lot of money to look cheap. I think only about 1/3 of his stuff is ever very tasteful, but the dude is raking in it because he knows what 20 somethings want to max out their cards on.

yess.

and also because he rips off a lot of popular designs from the 90's (and even some current ones). his stuff is nowhere near the money it's retailing for either - the construction and materials are average. not horrible but not worth thousands of dollars. I feel the same way about Balmain except they are far worse. uninspired, rehashed crap with heartattack-inducing price tags. I guess in short, I just don't respect designers who copy and also designers who are clearly trying to bank off a demographic - both of which I feel these brands do.

eta - I should clarify I know there are a ton of brands/designers which fit that criteria - but theyre not charging like 8 bills for cotton tank tops like these ones. hehe

open toed sandals' the in thing for ss10?

yeah rly, almost every designer had a go at them this season.

yess.

and also because he rips off a lot of popular designs from the 90's (and even some current ones). his stuff is nowhere near the money it's retailing for either - the construction and materials are average. not horrible but not worth thousands of dollars. I feel the same way about Balmain except they are far worse. uninspired, rehashed crap with heartattack-inducing price tags. I guess in short, I just don't respect designers who copy and also designers who are clearly trying to bank off a demographic - both of which I feel these brands do.

eta - I should clarify I know there are a ton of brands/designers which fit that criteria - but theyre not charging like 8 bills for cotton tank tops like these ones. hehe

Granted, the T by Alex Wang line is pretty darn cheap when it comes to luxury basics. But Balmain is probably the worst criminal when it comes to knocking things off because Decarnin is just copying himself season after season.

i'm obsessed with edo style

and edo in general

not much interest in japan otherwise tho

i'd wear all of that

i want a baggy 3/4 sleeved shirt or jacket so i can cross my arms inside

familyportrait.jpg

from bb

dude's doing that thing again. nice pants! and he has matching sandals for that bag! (explodes)

/WERQ

homegirl was doing the stripe thing along with helmut. straight up newport billboard ad smile for no reason walk (always a 90s concept)

jasmin shokrian is dope. reminds me of earlier chayalan work. you would like it inaya