Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

These posts really crack me up.

"An athletic man, or whatever you want to call him, will only look good in a very classic suit, a pair of classic jeans, athletic clothes or simply naked. Forget fashion. This is not going to happen, unless you want to look like a Chippendales dancer in designer clothes." -- Hedi Slimane

That is your answer. You are simply not meant for schoolboy oxford shirts made for tiny guys with little muscle mass--you are not Jason Schwartzman.

all this reminds me of the guy that runs the Modeman side of Carolines Mode blog. Owns some really great pieces but his muscular build ruins nearly every fit.

Personally I felt Simon Spurr should have won but I understand why they gave it to Michael Bastain. Michael is juggling multiple brands including his own house and Gant Rugger. Brought Gant back into the eye of the "fashion public" and rubbed this trad lifestyle dry if not for Simon, for Tommy Hilfiger, bringing some added difference to it all. Lets not forget that even though Bastain won for menswear he also has a loved female line released. Would not doubt that also played a part in it all.

Phillip Lim had no chance to beat Wang or Geller for Upcoming Menswear simply because he shows his mens in Italy now. Really feel that is what killed him, not his menswear being a shallow (that I like) version of his female line. There are other things but that could have cemeted it all.

Since I suspect a collab will come out of this I wonder what Bastain and Geller will do. Guessing it would be with Gilt Groupe since they are a big player in this CFDA awards this year.

the dip dyed sweater looks pretty cool but only up to the point when you go into the store and feel the material. i'm sure it's gonna be such a letdown

if that blazer had leather sleeves that would be fucking boss

wait til you see them in person, though

that is why you take a hint from the girls shopping. Turn your head and hand over your card.

I have had a giftcard to H&M for almost a year now. Nothing really to buy.

Definitely not letting these things go for a while - so comfortable and easy and just the perfect 'cdg awkward' crop length in my opinion but I'm not sure if it's too much with the printed shirt / if the rick owens sneakers are enough to make the striped top more interesting.

thinking about getting a nice slim black suit soon. i usually wear navy or grey...

i cant think of anything that would look good with a black suit other than white shirt and black tie. Any other suggestions?

How about wearing the jacket or the blazer? thinking.... gingham shirts... grey shirts... dunno what else.