Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

Google Translate doesn't work properly with y.jp...

chrome translates every page automatically (and it's still working for me)

Will is right, Chrome will automatically translate on yahoo jp, rakuten, etc. If there's a large amount of text some of it gets jumbled but you get the main point. Plus if you have any specific questions on an item you can just ask Hide-san at Sharp Service... always super helpful.

Just a warning with yahoo jp... once you start it's an addiction.

I've really been debating on dropping any sort of nice clothing from my life and just moving towards doing lifestyle purchases, such as a car and shit like that.

edit:

i think this is being pushed further by the fact that so much of what i want stays out of my grasp, not because of price, but rather just 'exclusivity' i always end up sleeping on the shit i want, and playing catch up and being frustrated and disappointed that i can never find most of the things I'm trying to cop and its just discouraging.

Edited by akuma no uta

I think it is interesting when he keeps to remixing vintage (he started out with a second-hand/vintage store before he turned it into a label), but nowadays it seems to be taking a more fashion-y approach (if that makes sense?), that doesn't always hit the mark. Older collections were definitely more my taste.

interesting

95% of normal h&m looks like it could be marni if you squint anyway, so the collab will be like she'll take their normal stuff and be like "no make the proportions more awkward and add a wooden platform sole"

will prolly cop

Edited by Denton

The H&M x (blank) rumors have never been right as long as I can remember. The Lanvin one only got found out earlier because the videos were of things Albar said in interviews. Otherwise people were just screaming "Maier or Vivenne Westwood" at the walls.

Edited by Desi

I wonder if people who work with designers are allowed to wear other brand's clothes. Like if someone who works for Prada who is always near Miuccia could wear idk... Fendi? Tho, I wouldn't mind wearing Prada all the time, if it were at discount ofc.

I like the idea of h&m x marni, and the little bit we've been able to see so far looks promising, if a bit boring on its own. An unexpected choice, for me at least, but a logical one as both brands have a similar enough aesthetic to contribute to a finished article. h&m x cdg x versace x lanvin felt a bit contrived to me, so the prospect of this one being a genuine collaboration instead of pseudo-luxury rags makes me want to give it the benefit of doubt.