Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

How should I go about getting invites to NY shows for the Fall/winter 2012 season? Should I just email press officials begging or should I lie about who I am representing?

aka what do people on this forum do?

How should I go about getting invites to NY shows for the Fall/winter 2012 season? Should I just email press officials begging or should I lie about who I am representing?

aka what do people on this forum do?

There are only very few shows in NY worth seeing. I would guess that someone here will always know how to get an invite. I think I had 4-5 invites past fashion week and didn't go to any of them. Just ask here, someone will know.

^^ disagrees.

also, i've been really into this like...what is it..."astral" print that's been kickin' around a lot lately. Those jackets that Agi and Sam did last year, now the use of it on collars for ervell (as well as just straight up "hawaiin" shirts). They remind me of Jodie foster's acid trip from that movie Contact. Dope shit.

After this season I think I'll have 13 Ervell pieces. I'd say it was starting to get excessive but considering I wear pretty much all of it pretty frequently I don't feel too bad about it.

yeah I wear my lanvin/geller stuff so much I don't really feel bad. I am not been had Polo levels yet...

I remember someone was selling a pair of Helmut Lang reflector jeans a few years ago. They decided not to sell them for obvious reasons (awesome) but I forgot who it was.

fass-celine-02-h.jpg

fass-celine-03-h.jpg

fass-celine-01-h.jpg

“There’s always a sense of street culture in my work,” Philo says of the model in an oversize masculine leather coat and drainpipe pants, and the girl with a mullet who might have been plucked from a Suzi Quatro concert circa 1974. “Most street trends are British, and I’m very, very proud to be British. I like the sense of belonging here.” British tribalism—in particular, that of the streets of West London, where she grew up—has always influenced Philo. As she says, “Finding a uniform, a place to fit in, a clan you identify with—you wear the same clothes, you listen to the same music, go to the same clubs. It’s that period of leaving home and finding your own family.” Philo has been able to transfer that sense of exclusive inclusiveness to Céline.

Céline’s leather coat, wool and leather pants, and shoes from fall 2011.

Photographs by Willy Vanderperre

Styled by Jane How

Mullet: Bob Robinson

Read More http://www.wmagazine.com/fashion/2011/09/phoebe-philo-celine-ss#ixzz1b0zTECz9