Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

Yo i'm going for a pretty major job interview soon and i'm thinking whether i should wear a white/black shirt. if i do wear a white shirt, i'll pair it with a skinny black tie and if i wear a black shirt, i have no idea what tie color to pair it with. damn i feel so lame even posting this online.

Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given

Assuming this is a normal business environment, white shirt with a black tie. If your tie is skinnier than 2" at the widest, go buy a cheap tie somewhere. Don't wear your black shirt.

Yo i'm going for a pretty major job interview soon and i'm thinking whether i should wear a white/black shirt. if i do wear a white shirt, i'll pair it with a skinny black tie and if i wear a black shirt, i have no idea what tie color to pair it with. damn i feel so lame even posting this online.

but on a serious note, never wear a black shirt please. unless you are in the mafia.

but on a serious note, never wear a black shirt please. unless you are in the mafia.

Black shirts are cool as hell. Not on such formal events as weddings and job interviews, then you're right. White shirt is probably the only thing that I'd wear there, but I'm a little shy with colors. Somebody pulls off Bateman steez with shirts in all colors. Blue is pretty safe too I feel, to make it less formal in job interviews. In more casual situations, black shirts look great.

If i was going for a design job interview i would wear all black and wouldn't give a fuck really but i'm going for an interview with Singapore Airlines to be a trolly dolly aka cabin crew aka flight attendant. Oh and i'm planning to suit up i think. Now i'm just thinking if its alright to wear slightly cropped pants. Not too cropped, just slightly above my wingtips. Yes/No?

If i was going for a design job interview i would wear all black and wouldn't give a fuck really but i'm going for an interview with Singapore Airlines to be a trolly dolly aka cabin crew aka flight attendant.

Don't get offended but you're going for sheep job so dress like a sheep. Just professional suit, white shirt, regular width tie. Nothing fashion forward. Look clean and presentable. You'll have an interview with an old lady from hr so fancy shit might not help.

Don't get offended but you're going for sheep job so dress like a sheep. Just professional suit, white shirt, regular width tie. Nothing fashion forward. Look clean and presentable. You'll have an interview with an old lady from hr so fancy shit might not help.

haha. well apparently its extremely competitive and difficult to get in so i just thought i'd look prime. SIA don't take shit from people.

Min, if it's SIA, please don't wear a 2" black skinny tie. Get a slim 2.5 to 3 " inch one, from like j.crew or something. Black skinny tie is just a bad look.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/tiesandpocketsquares/silkties/PRDOVR~40161/40161.jsp

And no black shirts (i hate black shirts for the office - looks like a douche)

Just white shirt, dark suit, slim tie, proper business shoes and you be good.

I guess cropped pants isn't too bad but not super cropped (like ankle length thom browne is fine)

I always wear a grey BB 2 button suit, blue OCBD, 3" wide navy repp tie and proper lace-ups to interviews but I work in auditing/tax where the dress code is stricter. In fact I'm wearing one today for work (without jacket though - you don't need to rock a jacket in singapore unless its a interview or its some fancy dinner party / ceremony)

And please tell SIA to get hotter stewardness. Their standards has been dropping.