Evisu jeans in Singapore

aLKayeL

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.

cant believe it i've been lurking here for so long without a post eh, SJ.. LOL

as far as i know, they dont bring in RRDS.. only on request will they bring them in. My friend ordered and it took around 1 month.

SSs are i THINK 369, Slim Jims too.. not too sure about the rest.

anyway there are quite alot of local denimheads.. lol they're just low profile, like tweedlesinpink KEKEKEKE

chiam, congrats on your purchase

but i dont see why you would wanna get another pair of nudies(at least your post seems to imply so)

it'll take a pretty darn long time for you to break in your current pair so... not really advisable.

Quote:

Hi Noddy,Original Penguin is by Munsingwear, famous for its polo t-shirts. very old school look. prices are a bit premium like lacoste but defintely not as mainstream. the logo is- wat else-a penguin. look at www.penguinclothing.com Can't seem to find it in S'pore though:(

--- Original message by damienos on Jun 5, 2006 05:41 PM

ohh yea the earl penguin polo tee.. i attempted to buy them from their online store.. but what the fuck.. they only accept bank draft and money order.. no credit card to be used.. crap.. anyway if you don't mind 2nd hand stuff, you can try look for them at oppt shop at heeren.. lotsa super oldskool penguin polo.. cool shit man..

sorry fellas, i'm a total denim idiot. didn't spend a very long time in there. there were only 3 designs for girls (er yes i'm a girl btw) and i bought the blonde wash slim fit one for $300 plus. Manymany more styles for guys.

also went by front row & the salesgirl kindly explained the wonders of APC denim.

So, got interested, surfed, chanced upon this forum, and spent the entire afternoon reading up on dry jeans.

Also working in the retail industry, so would love for some recommendations for jeans like nudie, for knowledge/interest sake.

Hope you guys can share some of your expertise with me!icon_smile_blush.gif

the front row sales assistant is cool. the girl who mans the second floor. she wears (washed) nudies and she's very helpful.

chiam to start you off if you like washed stuff go for Diesel, they're much cheaper and well made. don't bother with APC washed, even though it may looks 40sgd less than Diesel.

if you're looking for dry, for 300-500sgd you've got plenty of options. you could get Rag&Bone, which is just coming out with a female line i think? because sienna miller likes their stuff. alternatively, look at Denimbirds, which is nudie's sister line and you'll find more stuff there. APC is also a brilliant dry option. their jeans are all cut slim anyway so a quick fit at Front Row and you should be good to go.

Quote:
Quote:

is it still the same eurasian girl who's manning the second floor?

--- Original message by su8m3rg3d on Jun 6, 2006 07:18 AM

i also saw that eurasian gal.. she is very cute and i am very shy wor....

--- Original message by Noddy on Jun 6, 2006 07:26 AM

hahaha she's very nice don't worry she doesn't bite. icon_smile.gif and ann (the owner) is very knowledgeable and nice as well.

was a chinese girl on the 2nd wor.

Thanks for the info!

where's rag & bone/denimbird retailing ah,

or are they only available online?

interested in getting a pair of dry jeans after learning so much,

not sure how my mum would react to anything that's not washed after wearing it once though.

=)

Edited by chiam on Jun 6, 2006 at 08:13 AM

oh i was talking about the chinese girl.

rag&bone and denimbirds are available online. you'll need to search around the forums to find out exactly where, it slipped my mind. mauro's denimbar would be a good choice. like i said use the search button and check out the pictures and threads.

you'll find you never learn enough about these jean things icon_smile.gif

and the mum bit--well i promised her i'd sun my jeans and she sighed and gave up haha.

febreeze the hell out of it and then sun it. it works... for a while anyways. working on a pair of Nudie RRDS now and loving the experience. Actually helps save time. No 'wat to wear?wat to wear?' syndromeicon_smile_big.gif

FYI kitchener.ch is a safe bet. (got mine from thee with HUGE savings

anyone wants to get a straight sven dry(non selvage?)? got a spare pair to let go. new with tags. Bot too big. pm me if you're interested.

Quote:

was a chinese girl on the 2nd wor.

Thanks for the info!

where's rag & bone/denimbird retailing ah,

or are they only available online?

interested in getting a pair of dry jeans after learning so much,

not sure how my mum would react to anything that's not washed after wearing it once though.

=)

Edited by chiam on Jun 6, 2006 at 08:13 AM

--- Original message by chiam on Jun 6, 2006 08:08 AM

chiam as a girl i have to make you aware that.. for guys not wshing a pair of jeans for 6 months is ok.. no biggie... but for girls.... unless u r below age of 12... it will not be that hygenie. Yes u can get rid of the smell but..... well just my 2 cents

Quote:

Hey,

know any good tailor in singapore that will be able to handle higher end denim? i need to get my pair hemmed.....

Fab

--- Original message by xviralx on Jun 7, 2006 04:15 AM

Anybody in Far East Plaza, Fuji Xerox Towers or Anson at Hong Leong can do it.

But really denim is denim, there's no need for pickiness. Unless it's a shoddy store with grime and dirt all over.

Quote:
Quote:

Hey,

know any good tailor in singapore that will be able to handle higher end denim? i need to get my pair hemmed.....

Fab

Anybody in Far East Plaza, Fuji Xerox Towers or Anson at Hong Leong can do it.

But really denim is denim, there's no need for pickiness. Unless it's a shoddy store with grime and dirt all over.

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Jun 7, 2006 07:42 AM

mmm thx.

Quote:

Hey,

Fab

Try Doctor john in Needle Boutique in Lucky Plaza..

Quote:
Quote:

Hey,

Fab

Try Doctor john in Needle Boutique in Lucky Plaza..

--- Original message by Noddy on Jun 7, 2006 08:12 AM

kk thx.

^^nope, no place in singapore for chainstiching.

to get through pages at rakuten, take a plane down to tokyo, narita express to tokyo, JR yamanote line to ueno, and go to hinoya. : P

or, www.google.com under language tools has a not quite decent translator.

it's a pity the maket for repros here isn't big. wld love to see some canes, eternals, samurais, etc here.

oh well.

punk me, bitch.