Evisu jeans in Singapore

aLKayeL

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

singapore hypebeasts wun go for such selvedge jeans.. they are into fanciful shits like dior homme waxed .. nbhd jeans bape etc..... they duno the art of breaking into selvedge jeans like apc sugarcane..etc

--- Original message by smallkuku on Mar 23, 2006 11:54 PM

haha yea sort of. so when did u discover the "art of breaking into selvedge jeans" ?

the contrast will appear at all the places where most wearing takes place, usually the front pocket areas, some on the knees, and at the honeycomb areas.

the higher the temperature, the more the contrast, and the more the shrinkage. tht would be bout 60deg. machine will be fine, turn the jeans inside out, the leave it to dry.

The marina square puma outlet only carries the regular and relaxed fit jeans for men, and only in the worn in and worn out washes. No dry stuff to be seen, and only skinnies in the shop are for women.

I'm going to check out Venue at Club St which sells the full range of evisuxpuma, according to the sales assistant at the puma shop (who was apologetic for not having all the stuff)

since i put on a pair of selvedge jeans a little more that 6 months ago, i've not look back on the other commercial produce.

if anyone wants to know the true feelings/sensation etc. of wearing jeans, i think high quality wide-loomed denim are still not the answer ....

educate me otherwise, please, for those who beg to defer. icon_smile.gif. Thanks.

hahahal. the local beasts have caught up on the game a little man..

i saw a beast in some bape tee x apc ns x uncocoa snake af1s..

i know not many of them are into evisus.. having said tt, most of them are def into the whole bape/nbhd stuff. nbhd jeans are all selvedge tho... i think.

i was at redwolves the other day, and i didnt see ANY no.2 jeans at all..

i asked the store worker if they carred no1 specials.. and the guy was like... "umm what do they look like?"

i was close to infuriated..

oh well, bottomline, if you wear what you want to wear and not give a fuck.. it wont matter who wears what.. i'm still wearing dunk sbs sometimes.. but i feel i dont like beasty at all.. so yeah

peace.

punk me, bitch.

Quote:

since i put on a pair of selvedge jeans a little more that 6 months ago, i've not look back on the other commercial produce.

if anyone wants to know the true feelings/sensation etc. of wearing jeans, i think high quality wide-loomed denim are still not the answer ....

educate me otherwise, please, for those who beg to defer. icon_smile.gif. Thanks.

--- Original message by lek on Mar 28, 2006 07:50 PM

sup lek.. if i;m not wrong, i think the denim tt nudie uses arent narrow loomed.. as far as i know, only evisu does the whole vintage looom thing.

selvedge has now been massproduced man.. even zara has selvedge jeans.. so yeah..

mebbe you're referring to the breaking in of dry jeans? but tt can happen, regardless of selvedge or not..and not to mention tt after 1958 i think, lee has stopped producing jeans with selvedge edges altogether.. for levis it was only in 1983 they stopped..

punk me, bitch.

Yah yah yah, i saw the Zara 'premium selvedge' too! At first i thought it was quite nice, but after staring at it for 3 minutes, i thought they've tried too hard! hahahahahahahaa .......

Is Samurai also done by narrow loom? How about those used on the LVCs? I'm assuming they all are .....

I haven't wear my No.2, but am wearing the Samurai S0110XJ, 1944 & 1947 LVCs & a Sugarcane. I figure it'll take me YEARS to break them since I only wear jeans from Fri. to Sun ..... icon_smile_sad.gif.

Reasons I like these jeans are that they are rough, thick & stiff.

Spells "tough" to me, icon_smile.gif & I thought that's the whole idea!

Wide-looms are very comfortable though. Come to think of it now, I thought they feel a bit "Gu-Niang" besides the narrow-looms !!!! hahahahahahaaa ..... icon_smile_big.gif.

Quote:

hahahal. the local beasts have caught up on the game a little man..

i saw a beast in some bape tee x apc ns x uncocoa snake af1s..

i know not many of them are into evisus.. having said tt, most of them are def into the whole bape/nbhd stuff. nbhd jeans are all selvedge tho... i think.

i was at redwolves the other day, and i didnt see ANY no.2 jeans at all..

i asked the store worker if they carred no1 specials.. and the guy was like... "umm what do they look like?"

i was close to infuriated..

oh well, bottomline, if you wear what you want to wear and not give a fuck.. it wont matter who wears what.. i'm still wearing dunk sbs sometimes.. but i feel i dont like beasty at all.. so yeah

peace.

--- Original message by backinthetrees on Mar 29, 2006 01:08 AM

bro, told y'all redwolves cannot make it already ...... icon_smile.gif They're, IMO, a disgrace to SG's retail scene ......

Why are Bape, nbhd, visvim, surrender etc so hot ah?

I just fail to understand.

I don't see anything so special to them that justifies their asking price leh .......

Don't tell me anything about "Limited Edition", or "Limited Availability". To me, it's just another way of saying, "Sorry man, our company's too small to make more, but just as well, I can market differently, jack up the price to fill up my cash registers & satisfy your non-conformist mindset ..... " !!!

Not really uncle's cup of tea sometimes ....... icon_smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by lek on Mar 28, 2006 07:50 PM

sup lek.. if i;m not wrong, i think the denim tt nudie uses arent narrow loomed.. as far as i know, only evisu does the whole vintage looom thing.

selvedge has now been massproduced man.. even zara has selvedge jeans.. so yeah..

mebbe you're referring to the breaking in of dry jeans? but tt can happen, regardless of selvedge or not..and not to mention tt after 1958 i think, lee has stopped producing jeans with selvedge edges altogether.. for levis it was only in 1983 they stopped..

--- Original message by backinthetrees on Mar 29, 2006 01:15 AM

I've seen Lee green selvedge when i was staying in sweden a year back. would have bought a pair if it wasn't S$300+, price on par with LVC.

sup bros.. not sure if samurais are done on the narrow looms.. gotta ask ringring on tt one. haha

LVC claim tt they use their old looms of yesteryear to produce their present day LVC line.

dunno whether true or not. hahahahhaa

nice jeans you got lek.. heh. not many pairs of SCs around in SG. was in tokyo a while back. tried on the SC1947s.. but i decided i wasnt really me, so i went for a pair of APCs instead. i dont really regret my decision tho. : ) loving the NS.. and my creases are coming along really nicely..

bape - sanrio for men at a much higher price. jap "underground" label.... so yeah. and... Pharrell.... i'm sorry to break it to you guys, but the world's made up of sheep.

nbhd - i dunno man.. you know how the japs do stuff. altho, some of their jeans are pretty nice. having said tt, i still dont really agree with the asking price.

visvim - i actually like their stuff.... i mean, their shoes are seriously DAMN comfortable la.. and well, their bags are pretty hot too. haven;t seen much of their clothing so.. not too sure man. quite like what i see tho.

surrender - well.... obvious reasons.. james lavelle. who really has some good music out there, respect on that. well, the label's still young. so lets see what they're gonna come up with in time to come.

well abt edison, if you've read his blog on www.honeyee.com , he's actually really down to earth, and i guess, i have quite a bit of respect for that fella man..

lee green selvedge.. not too sure how the lee's work.. i know they still manufacture the half-selvedge.. i know there are full selvedge seams, but i'm not much of a lee fan. :P

well, as you can see my fellow singaporeans, i'm REALLY bored. yeah.

anyone ever wonder if we shld be called lky-ians instead?

punk me, bitch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

bros,

bought a pair of A.P.C. New Standard in over-dyed black from the APC website store last 2 weeks ago. Front Row was waiting for them to arrive but I couldn't wait, so I spent S$20 more to buy them online. Reach me on the 4th day morning via FedEx from France, so I think, it's not too bad to get them online. Front Row is still the best, if you're not in a hurry.

Anyway, I spilled a cup of strong coffee on them on my debut wear to the office early that morning. Rushed home to wash it. LOST A FUCKING LOT OF BLACK DYE !!!!!!!!

IT WAS ONE OF THOSE SUPER BAD-HAIR DAYS ........ !@$#%$#^$% ...... icon_smile_sad.gif

Now it's become A.P.C. New Standard - Black ........

Edited by lek on Apr 28, 2006 at 01:04 AM

Edited by lek on Apr 28, 2006 at 01:05 AM