Djrajio Dating Thread/Advice Column

Start doing drugs. Ok jk. Sounds like you ok with talking with people on a day to day basis, so you just gotta up your presence. You gotta make your intentions known if you want them to text back. Leave on a 'we're getting drinks soon, I'll text you' kinda line Where you going to uni btw?

yeah i'm usually up front about setting up so i can see her or something. textings all fine and that, but shes flaked like twice. forget this tho, im just going to relax and not stress up.

i go to curtin though that might change. where are you (if you're still studying)?

Howl arent u fanboi of punkrock & hc? Try datin some of those weirdos. I personally don't, but in yr case better than nothin tho, righ?

there's probably like 1 girl to 15-20 guys at most hardcore shows on a good night (or at least back like 10 years ago, I doubt it's changed much).

only if u wite

is this pretty universal with girls on Tinder? I asked a couple of my friends and they said the same, they kinda say no en masse to asian and indian dudes. I think if you can manage to get matched, and be a decent person, it's actually really easy to chat girls and go out. From what I've seen most every guy on there is creepy as fuck, so girls swarm toward a hint of normalcy. 

Howl arent u fanboi of punkrock & hc? Try datin some of those weirdos. I personally don't, but in yr case better than nothin tho, righ?

i assume you think so from the one time i mentioned mackaye and rollins. but no i'm not deep enough into it and interested enough in the local scene to be considered a fanboi or be comfortable around the scene.

...girls swarm toward a hint of normalcy. 

think its more than a hint. i had a discussion with a friend and what i said was that women probably have lofty visions of a dude they want to be with (e.g when girls fap over gosling or whoever) but in reality, they settle for far less - they settle for someone with a self-esteem that is on par with or around their own levels. anyone that goes beyond that comfort level is intimidating and unless she be that different kind of woman who's confident/strong, she probably compromising on her relationship. so sometimes, i wonder whether killah fits are actually conducive to situations involving women cause shit might make you look deadly, but you probably dead to women.

Edited by howl

I think you're over thinking it. I duuno mayne, maybe your expectations are to big or fuck know's what. Maybe loosen up a little and have some fun. I slammed so many Aussie chicks I find it hard to believe your having trouble.

I think you're over thinking it. I duuno mayne, maybe your expectations are to big or fuck know's what. Maybe loosen up a little and have some fun. 

very cosigned.

Not sure what you're "looking for", but def overthinking things. People put women on a pedestal for some reason and assume they're looking down and selecting from some pool of begging guys, and that we're lucky or something to be chosen. In reality, girls want the exact same things: to meet a decent person, to get casually fucked, to go have fun, to go on dates, to explore if it's more, etc. There's just such a huge population of shitty guys out there being idiots they get jaded pretty quickly. Every single girl I know hates two things: a clingy dude, and the guy who says shit like "how about we fuck" as their opening line. Both are creepy and make girl pass immediately. If you're struggling with talking to girls, use Tinder and seriously like/try to match with everyone and just talk to everyone. Look at it like practice and you'll figure out what works. Don't just like hot girls or whatever, talk to as many as possible, it doesn't mean you have to sleep with them...just put time in chatting and you'll figure it out.

and when it comes to killah fits, women give 0 fucks. Unless you're trying to get with some fashion girl or something (who tend to be the most obnoxious women ever btw). She's not intimidated by your clothes, if anything she probably laughs about it with her girlfriends. Just be a normal, respectful guy and it's easy.

to be fair the hardest thing about tinder (probably all the other online things too but i never used them) is finding something to talk about if you dont have mutual facebook stuff. its kind of a guessing game of what you might have in common and each party probably has 20 other chats with the exact same conversation going on at the same time so very easy to lose interest

all the girls ive met off it were art/fashion (ie thats their job) girls just because that way you can fast forward to talking about something thats interesting to both people

Edited by ProfMonnitoff

honestly i dont think it matters where you live, but im in brooklyn

White girls in NY wanna date azn brus b/c it ups their hipster points! You haven't lived in a woatie city!!!!

i assume you think so from the one time i mentioned mackaye and rollins. but no i'm not deep enough into it and interested enough in the local scene to be considered a fanboi or be comfortable around the scene.

& cuz u had ray cappo on yr blog.

to be fair the hardest thing about tinder (probably all the other online things too but i never used them) is finding something to talk about if you dont have mutual facebook stuff. its kind of a guessing game of what you might have in common and each party probably has 20 other chats with the exact same conversation going on at the same time so very easy to lose interest

all the girls ive met off it were art/fashion (ie thats their job) girls just because that way you can fast forward to talking about something thats interesting to both people

u doing it wrong. Because you and your match both swiped "yes" based on physical attraction alone, you are not even supposed to have anything to talk about, really. Just tell the match that you are out at a bar. Ask for recs. Tell her that you will hit that up. Somehow make up some BS story and either join her or ask her to come to the bar you are hanging out then seal the deal. 

Read it on some very credible looking blog. it's called  "easy online dating for cool bros" or sumthin

Edited by herpsky

I think you're over thinking it. I duuno mayne, maybe your expectations are to big or fuck know's what. Maybe loosen up a little and have some fun. I slammed so many Aussie chicks I find it hard to believe your having trouble.

very cosigned.

-Not sure what you're "looking for", but def overthinking things.

- In reality, girls want the exact same things: to meet a decent person, to get casually fucked, to go have fun, to go on dates, to explore if it's more, etc.

-fashion girl or something (who tend to be the most obnoxious women ever btw).

okayokay: true, fashion girls might be that way but it goes to the root of their interest in it. if you mean fashion girl to actually be trendy girls, then probably. if you have a superficial investment into a subject matter, it sometimes makes you ignorant to how ignorant you are which breeds the quality of being obnoxious. but if you're someone who has a fervent interest in something, i doubt you would be but rather, of worthy opinion/humble/open-minded/curious. besides, we can say the same would apply to dudes as well.

maybe i should loosen up (i do). maybe i do have big expectations, but i don't see it as a problem. but it would be a concern if i compromised my character by being less of what i am, just to rack up some casual flings. the trouble is not 'slamming', cause trouble only comes about if its an aim and you're not realising that aim. the trouble is relating which i guess might me be myself or down to not meeting the right women. leave it at this and i'll be out there and experience things as they come.