denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

^i hope so, too. but on the other hand it doesn´t feel good, to let my current pair go. it´s somehow a very special pair of jeans for me. (bought in hk, stayed in my closet for so long till the contest started, was totally hyped about wearing them in the beginning, fades are starting to come along nicely...)

^i hope so, too. but on the other hand it doesn´t feel good, to let my current pair go. it´s somehow a very special pair of jeans for me. (bought in hk, stayed in my closet for so long till the contest started, was totally hyped about wearing them in the beginning, fades are starting to come along nicely...)

Tbh, I would let them go, even if I know how you feel about that pair.

Do you really want a jean that fades away after just 8 weeks?

you´d all be happy, if i got an exchange pair, cause i´d lose my fades i already have, wouldn´t you??

hey salaam, what´s up? still waiting for your signup pics.

DAY 5

ok,ok this is how it all went down...i can't post pics yet since lil sis can't find the damn cord that you use to download pics into the computer. so i'm gonna try to get up with lendo this weekend if he's off. i don't know what i would do if i were in this situation, cause you lose even more time now if you get the exchange pair, but the jeans might not last anywhere near 2 years if they are falling apart now. tough call...

now, i hot machine washed the jeans, then hot-dried them, wore them to work, then washed $ boiled them for like 15 minutes. then a hot dry, followed by an ironing. the patch was big to start, but as soon as it hit water it shrunk/curled up like a pork rind got so brittle it cracked. the lot #775 boiled off, so i got mad and threw it in the trash. one good thing i learned about boiling a pair of raw jeans is it takes ALL the sizing out! the parafin wax & starch went straight to the top of the water and congealed into a hard lump like crack. i did take a pic of the patch with the lot # on it to post later. it's a good thing the DENIME patch is sewn on by a seperate stitch, you can take it off without damaging the jeans. i'm just gonna leave them patchless, basic style i'm sure fung knows what lot#he sent me.

about the denim, it's not @ all like any other denim i've touched except for the vintage evis denim flash sent me. it kinda looks like 1000xx WH denim but it's only the selvage lame that's the same color, the two denims are not at all the same. not really slubby, but the texture is still rough, and the denim has no sheen to it, very matte. if you are looking into the 66XXtype i would suggest you size up! PLEASE BUY EM LOOSE, this denim really shrinks with hot water. i worked all day in them saturday, and they faded a bit, but i don't wanna spoil the pics...:o

first i ordered the 29 but after tvshooter's suggestion i went with the 30 66xxtype. i didn't take any measurements, but all i can say @this point is that the fit is between amardeep and dr. house. slim, but not tight, the 28 in the WH 700 fits me looser overall than the 30 in the denime, but the denime are not as tight as the 28 in the FC 1108. these denime are right between the two. i'll show you what i mean later, and i boiled all 3 pairs within the last week.

^Me too, looking forward for ya pics. I've soaked mine yesterday the 3rd time (machine at 40 degrees C., no spin cycling) and they've shrunk again. No big thing cuz' they'll stretch back in no time. Too bad that my pair is hemmed, I need the missing inch, cuz' they loose again up to 2 cm. I need to stretch the legs a lot while they're damp. Ah, and there's an incredible leg twist on both legs, really really nice. Yeah, and the fit is truly amazing.

atzec, not dissing the ''sufu-fit'' @ all, but perhaps your thread problems are due to not ''buying them loose'' as hayashi-san recommends. i know my 1108 fit is similar, and after about 4 weeks they started to come apart @ the crotch, and the backseam. that's why i super-reinforced them early. these true-repro jeans simply aren't meant to be worn tight at all...it's funny as hell cause some shitheads dissed francis(gardnerfan) for his mad loose fit, and he has like 20+pairs of denime! obviously the man knows what he's doing. i'm WELL pleased i sized up to the 30. if you get the 66xx type, SIZE UP @LEAST ONE!

salaami,I ve seen much tighter fits of different brands and none of them suffered such a bad threadproblem apart from the Skulls I mentioned before( and it looks like Skull solved this after the complains and discussion on SuFu back then ).If jeans are worn very tight they will of course wear a lot faster in the usual places,but Atzecs fit doesnt look that tight to me at all and his pair is loosing thread in "uncommon places".So iI still believe that he just got a bad pair,which can happen to all brands.every maker is having a certain percent of refuse/seconds which normally dont go on sale.Its also strange that his pair is suffering from this alone so far,might have to do something with the fact that he bought it a couple of months earlier.

I ran into people saying this when frequent crotch blowouts were happening in the warehouse contest. I didnt buy it. I especially didn't buy it when people posted pictures that showed how little fabric was attached in the inseam.

That's an issue with construction unfortunately and it turned me away from the brand.

Sure - a jean may not be meant to be worn tight. But at the same time if it can't hold up to being worn tight and another can, wouldn't you choose that jean no matter how tight you end up wearing them?

atzec, not dissing the ''sufu-fit'' ......... SIZE UP @LEAST ONE!

i sized up one and got the exact fit i wanted. and, come on, it´s absolutely not too tight and far away from exploding, there´s no stres on any seam, when walking/standing. still think that the thread damage shouldn´t happen, but it seems to hold up after the repairs i did. it doesn´t seem that t5 does care about this issue (i contacted them and they didn´t get back to me).

so just move on and post some pics, guys.

My pair is sized up2 and turns out nice and slim after soaking. They've shrinked to my regular size and that's the way it should be imo. If a jean couldn't take that "stress" there's something wrong with em, c'mon guys. Atzecs one is for sure a lemon, and in his place I would send a dozen E-Mails a day til I get an answer. It's not fair and Denimes are no cheap mondays. Even if I couldn't see any thread problems on my pair I must admit that e.g.my 47's Sugar Canes are a bit better finished.

i'm trying to get with lendo for pics today. atzec t5 should @least reply to your e-mail. i'm sure they will rectify this issue one way or the other. 1.5 months is too short for those kinds of issues, regardless of price. agent fung, where are you?

As said at MyNudies, I assume that the cotton threads get weak from the starch, so frequent soaks or gentle washes gives strength to them (besides the fact that it's healthy for the denim). Ironig is also good for the threads afaik. I've checked my Denimes today, they're looking beautiful after the 3rd soak and all the threads are well. And I've ironed them :P

salaami,you are one of my favourite posters and I am sure you got lots of nice denim to show.any time you post some of your rare pics its like christmas for me,which leads straight to the point: put a cheap digicam on top of your wishlist.it would be so great to see regular updates of yours!

you dont need a monster,a simple 6Mil. pixel cam with 3xoptical zoom will do.I know you cant spend a lot (so do I),but those cams are damn cheap now (secondhand even cheaper)and as christmas is coming soon that is probably a realistic possebility to get one.btw,instead of searching for the missing cord,use a cardreader,much easier to use than loading from the cam.I am just writing cause Iam desperate to see certain pics and I am not the only one!;)