SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

that's a pretty good call, the vertical falling is pretty interesting and the contrast isn't as severe. The hue of the jeans aren't nearly as blue as some other peoples, it has a sort of griminess to it that I like.

I'm really hoping these look lighter as a whole, sort of like the classic vintage denim that we see every once in a while, but i'm not sure that can happen in the next 5 months. We'll see.

Awesome variety! Amazing how differently these are fading for different people - IGIT's go the more modern-style high-contrast fades going vs. vamks' vintagey gritty/grainy vertical falling.

I'm curious why such variety... vamks, what's your washing profile been so far? I suspect you've done more washing than IGIT - I've washed 4 times now and mine are definitely more similar to vamks'.

Hi I'm new to this forum... Can someone provide some sizing info for the SEXDBXS09? My waist measured is 30", will a tag size 29 work for me or will it be kinda loose? Thanks for the help...

I imagine sizing down one would be fine. The waist on these runs a bit large in proportion to tagged size. That said, I went true to size with mine, and after they "shrunk-to-fit" (i.e. hot washing, then wearing in heat/sweat/etc.) they're spot on.

lol what happened exactly? did it just sud up too much?

Yeah to much soap, plus once i took it out of the water i noticed a lot of white spots. It was from using to much powder so i just threw them into the washer.

Jeans just finished drying, i don't fit into them.... lol

More...

Some veggies to chew on while we have exhilarating table talk.

DSC00262.jpg

My mom really wanted me to eat brussel sprouts, she insists I ate them before when I was little but I don't recall...and all the TV shows and shit make it sound like shit is disgusting. She made it with bacon, it's actually not bad at all. Suck it up and eat it, it's not as bad as everyone says.

DSC00287.jpg

Here they are with bacon.

DSC00293.jpg

Oopsies, I forgot to upload a shot of the lamb raw...oh well

DSC00298.jpg

Sigh...poorly shot, was too excited to eat the lamb...

DSC00301.jpg

Table with food! Lots of things I didn't include...like creamed corn and sweet potatoes...sorry!

DSC00295.jpg

Dessert and fit pics to come.

Dessert.

My aunt made these cookies, they were pretty awesome.

DSC00302.jpg

My little brother is somewhat of a cook, he's really good at making flan...but this flan came out with a weird hole in it...but it was good nonetheless.

DSC00305.jpg

My mom made apple crisp.

DSC00307.jpg

Here's what you all really wanna see, fit pics.

Front.

DSC00256.jpg

Side.

DSC00257.jpg

Back.

DSC00258.jpg

hey all, i need some ideas for 2 diff repairs.

my wallet is just about to break thru my back pocket, all thats left is the green cloth and a few white (warp,weft ionno) fibers. how do i go about repairing this without unstitching the whole back pocket?

second is that big stitch part right below the back middle belt loop where like 4 pieces of denim gets stitched to one. seems that sitting on grip tape has worn thru the stitching and it seems like its going to come apart soon. is my only option is to take it to some place that has a sewing machine that and can pierce thru that thick part of denim?

Great update Panda!

Greasypeanut for the first you could just get a piece of denim and sew it on the inside of your pocket, right? As for the second if I understand you correctly if you have the ability to do so just tightly/closely stitch over it with a machine and it should keep it together.

As for my jeans I spilled paint all along the right side of my jeans so time for their first wash.

hmm i guess i will try. it seems really hard to get a needle in the back pocket, or rather to guide it while its in the back pocket. ....or maybe its not that hard (i just stuck my hand in my back pocket hahaha).

as for teh 2nd one...i dont think a normal machine can go through that super thick part :-\

Pocket repairs are a pain by hand. I've done it before - it's really cumbersome weaving it back and forth since you need to have a hand in the pocket.

As for the back part below the loop - you're probably talking about the yoke? Yea, there's no way a regular sewing machine can go through that much. Regular machines have trouble stitching through two layers of denim already. The needle will just break so I wouldn't attempt it yourself.

so kinda bored today. this is my update with wash included after working on my car on turkey break.

pics of the jeans after working on my car. dirty as hell.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

need to repair this as it took the brunt of my ass when i was on the floor mounting my oil cooler.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

the said car: 1985 Corolla

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

The business end:

DSC_0017.jpg

Woahhhh, funky colors! It's got that whole neon-blue-glow thing going on, I like.

yeah, its interesting how the colors compare with the other pairs on here.

look pretty grimey before the wash. hand wash or machine?

1 hr hot/warm soak with detergent in bathtub with agitation. then 30min cold soak to get the soap off. hung dry overnight.