SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

Wow, Isiah just killed this thread.

If those weren't good enough, the SEXDBXXX12 jean will definitely last longer with it's 20oz denim.

image3.jpg

Fucking awesome...

...but izayuh's jeans make me wonder - what's a consensus opinion on holes in the knees of your jeans?

Should one try to make pre-emptive repairs? Or leave knees natural and hope holes come out to look as good as these?

For context, I have a pair getting to the point where I either need to make repairs to the knees before they get worse, or hope they eventually come apart like the above.

Thx.

Fascinating the variety of color we're seeing from different wearers. Izayuh's are almost a slate- or steel-blue, mine have a bit of an orangey tinge (though I still blame the red Ugandan dust) and many of the others are a more rich true indigo-blue. Contrastyness seems pretty all over the place too.

Fucking awesome...

...but izayuh's jeans make me wonder - what's a consensus opinion on holes in the knees of your jeans?

Should one try to make pre-emptive repairs? Or leave knees natural and hope holes come out to look as good as these?

For context, I have a pair getting to the point where I either need to make repairs to the knees before they get worse, or hope they eventually come apart like the above.

Thx.

You're over-thinking. What do YOU want to do?

I actually had a problem with knee holes with my old Red-D's. I decided to patch it, but that just ended up making the knee hole even bigger, which basically left me to say screw it. Unless you're wearing them in blizzards and massive cross-winds, they should be fine.

WOW, thanks for all the positive rep!

I'll admit that I started these jawns in early march instead of april, so the wear is over a period of 8 months, but there was an interim of two weeks in april that they hung in the closet.

As for how they got so worn, well... I work at a job where I can wear them. And I work hard. Plus I bike 20 miles a day and once a week to mount Tamalpais from The City. Everyone else wears spandex, I wear denim.

The knee rip was a beautiful progression of two tiny holes becoming one big whole. I do plan to get it patched up; my job frowns on gaping holes.

And the coloration is lighter than slate, robins egg blue to tinted silver is a good description.

Lastly more photos to come in natural light *non fit-pics*

You're over-thinking. What do YOU want to do?

You're right - I am over thinking. I really just want to let them go. I've already done a lot of work to the jeans, patching two big holes and repairing some exploded hems... frankly I'm getting kinda sick of sewing.

I did also want a little bit of wisdom from the crowd tho. If I was going to do the repairs, I'd need to do them much sooner than later.

I actually had a problem with knee holes with my old Red-D's. I decided to patch it, but that just ended up making the knee hole even bigger, which basically left me to say screw it. Unless you're wearing them in blizzards and massive cross-winds, they should be fine.

Thx. I was kind of thinking that. The denim is getting really worn in a large area around where the holes are developing, and thinking of it, extra thread and extra denim might cause undo wear.

Anyways, enough with this digression.

This is how a contest should work - big range of progress from a lot of different contributors. GJ all.

This is what's so interesting about contests... you always wish something like this would happen.

Dude doesn't even post in the thread ever then comes out of nowhere and BAM.

Isaiah dropped off his jeans yesterday to be repaired, so they're gonna be worn for the next few days.

nah it aint over...imma go wrestle a bear tomorrow in my jeans.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT.