SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

Who wants to look at my crotch?

Ok, now don't all shout at once, you can all share:

IMG_0542.jpg

From Tuesday after drying overnight from Monday night's wash. I'll probably put up some more post-wash shots soon. Because writing a massive survey on financial literacy is boring.

Man, working in front of a computer all day is turning me into a real post-whore around here.

Looks great man, but your waist looks abnormally small, is it cause your buckle is big? Second thought, that's probably why.

I'm giving it a good soak today, clubbing last night rendered it absolutely disgusting (and that's saying a lot since I have a high tolerance of disgustingness).

I'm fairly sure this has to do with the red soil thats in Uganda, as well as a large portion of Africa. It is extra rich in iron and aluminum and stains clothes easily, stains which from my experience are fairly hard to remove from denim and clothes in general. I had this problem and a wash or two with woolite did just the trick, however I've had clothes that I could never quite get the tint out of lol. Good luck, hope this helps.

if you apply some undiluted bronner's onto the spots where the staining occurs, let it sit for a few minutes, gently rub the soap into the stain a bit, then hand wash it out before you throw them in the washer. i used to live in africa(morocco) and i know how red african soil is. it's like the stuff mars is made of...jeans are outstanding, as well as igit's

Now, I'm waaay behind all of you, but I just thought I'd put some progress pictures up. I've worn these for around 1 month, probably. These are pre-wash, and in bad light; I'll post some pictures up after the wash, and in better light, later this weekend.

How is everyone washing theirs?

BeltLoop.jpg

Combangle.jpg

Guest devil.beside.you
Now, I'm waaay behind all of you, but I just thought I'd put some progress pictures up. I've worn these for around 1 month, probably. These are pre-wash, and in bad light; I'll post some pictures up after the wash, and in better light, later this weekend.

How is everyone washing theirs?

BeltLoop.jpg

Combangle.jpg

I think I see underwear fade.

Nasty.

[Cross-posted from the Denim Repair thread]

The problem:

IMG_0684.JPG

The proposed solution:

repairs%20with%20tag.JPG

(Sunday was a stormy stormy day, so I allowed my obsessive compulsiveness/neuroticism free rein). I decided to finally make use of the tab:

IMG_0701.JPG

tab in place and my "thimble" - homemade from a bottle cap.

Working by headlamp when the power went out:

IMG_0713.JPG

The end result:

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

back.JPG

Using leftover denim from hemming, and thread from the original hems.

I'm stoked that I (completely unintentionally) cut and applied the patch-denim on the horizontal bias, whereas the denim of the pocket and leg are vertical - should be cool to watch how it fades differently.

Well. What I do now and what I did for the majority of the last 6 months is quite different. Now I mostly sit my ass on a desk chair most days. BUT for the majority of the time I've been wearing these jeans I biked regularly, and usually had both my wallet and keys in my right pocket. As you can see in the last pic that I'm trying to get in the habit of carrying my keys in the left now in order to not put so much strain on my right pocket.

By the way... why are you sitting on grip tape? Do you need to make sure you don't fly off your chair while eating dinner?

Well. What I do now and what I did for the majority of the last 6 months is quite different. Now I mostly sit my ass on a desk chair most days. BUT for the majority of the time I've been wearing these jeans I biked regularly, and usually had both my wallet and keys in my right pocket. As you can see in the last pic that I'm trying to get in the habit of carrying my keys in the left now in order to not put so much strain on my right pocket.

By the way... why are you sitting on grip tape? Do you need to make sure you don't fly off your chair while eating dinner?

Jeans are loooking good dkatz! Very nice repairs, im liking the headlight picture for some reason. I wish i still had my red tab, dunno what happen to it.

p.s greasypeanut skates, so im assuming he's sitting on his skateboard haah