Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Yea. Anyway im impatient so I'm wearing them now doing some yardwork and they're getting better so fingers crossed.

I'm gonna get them hemmed so once I do that I'll post fit pics.

Edited by jmfr

they will open up a bit. i had some of the khaki ducks a while back that i was afraid wouldn't fit and they went on to fit great.

i've had the indigo selvage contest chinos and i'm currently breaking in the indigo selvage greasers and i think you'll be fine. just don't wash in hot water and don't tumble dry and they should work out just fine.

Edited by xchen

Fit looks pretty good to me. They will tame down a bit over the coming weeks and become your second skin. I'd say go ahead and hem. who will be doing the hem for you?

If you can possibly get it done on a chain stitching machine go that route.

I was just going to get them done at the dry cleaners down the street. I live in the middle of nowhere, denim-speaking, and I can't justify shipping to wherever, paying $25 for a chain stitch hem, and then shipping back.

Good luck with it, I couldn't trust a tailor with my jeans without knowing them pretty damn well. Took my left field chinos to a tailor I thought did good work and I'm pretty sure the legs aren't even the same length.

I just usually consider it a cost of owning the jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest run of Chelsea jeans in a 15 oz Kuroki denim is up on the Left Field web shop. I've been waiting for these since December but I need some help with sizing. I returned a pair in size 31 last year because they were to big. The measurements on the website were a little off and I couldn't try the next size down because they were already sold out. Can anyone with a pair of Chelseas in size 30 tell me what the measurement are before I pull the trigger?

Also, I noticed that the White Oak Chelseas have been restocked. Can anyone shed some light on this denim? If its the same orange line selvedge as the last run of Baldwin's, its pretty damn nice and I might be interested in getting these over the Kuroki. Any input or thoughts would be awesome.

Edited by Beanzer

The Cone is a blue selvedge ID, Kuroki's are worth the extra $, sick 15 oz denim, Cone is a good summer weight though, all around good basic. All the belt loops are raised now, new skull logo tacks and rivets, hand stamped letterpress pocket flasher with mill info, Chelsea's all have red foil leather label, Greaser's traditional branded patch and all pocket pocket bags are heavy twill printed with the LF  workwear bandanna in red pigment. Black Sulpher warp and weft's coming next week, both fits all black hardware and leather label, too black to strong. Hope you like the changes. C

i haven't seen any of the new runs but i'm excited to see the denims. 

we'll be putting in an order for the shop. 15oz is a great weight for LF and the cone 12.5-13.5oz is as classic as it get.  

the 15oz nisshinbos were/are insane.  i posted some pictures a while back. i might try to get around to posting an update on those. unfortunately i haven't been able to wear them as much as i would like but they are getting some good wear. 

get'm while you can, kids. 

yes I am vain, but more importantly it goes to show how much denim can stretch, especially Cone, very loose weave. The jean you are referring to is the Nisshinbo Greaser nice denim and hairy, most of the hairs on denim is singed off but this is especially hairy. The Kuroki is similar in weight and feel, no hair though. Cone i would def down size on. One last comment is that normally if I wasn't a 35/36 it wouldn't stretch out that much, just because I am not that size it stretches to my actual size, but a perfect fit.  So like I said if you can barely button the top button it's going to fit perfectly down the road. C

just got some size 31 kuroki Chelseas today.

i'm a true size 31 although i have size 33, 32 and 30s in greasers (current run cone, broken twill cone and 15oz nisshinbo respectively (with varying degrees of tightness)) and these 31 chelseas are a SNUG but a great fit. the taper is better for the summer and this denim is awesome. very different from the 15oz nisshinbo. crunchier, less hairy but very rigid with just a hint of slub. 

the new details, the leather patch is printed with red ink (thank you for differentiating from the greaser!) and the new pocket bags seem SOLID.

Christian/Left Field's attention to detail is one thing that keeps bringing me back to LF let alone the fits and the fabrics. even the pocket flasher is Letterpressed AND hand stamped. same with the boxes from choctaw. People sell postcards at local reputable print shops for $$$ that aren't as well done as his packaging. legit stuff.

more pictures if i can convince myself to take them off before hemming them tonight.

EB0B692D-B675-4F50-9AD0-76C3E6A92275-423

C44395BA-D042-4CD6-8998-5FB5EBEB2C2F-423

CBEC0C86-EA39-4DFD-B3C6-D4EF0DBE0FC3-423

Edited by satchelbmoore

Nice fit Satchel - wear 'em well.  Let's see how they age a little down the line.   B)

New this week at Left Field we have a run of 14.5 oz. Collect Mills Redline Sulpher-dyed black denim with all black hardware and a black leather patch. Limited to 100 pieces for this first run - available in both Greaser and Chelsea fits.

We're calling them the Black Maria.  For miners at the turn of the 20th century, the Black Maria acted as both an ambulance and as a hearse.  In small coal towns of Pennsylvania, the wives and children of miners knew that this black covered wagon could bring nothing good.  When there was an accident in the coal mines the Black Maria would roll down the streets of the town and drop the bodies of the dead in front of their homes.

s7HPdrk.jpg

BlackCollectGreaser1.jpg

BlackCollectGreaser4.jpg

The pocket bags of this shipment of Sulfur-dyed black denim and the Kuroki denim are a red pigment rotary printed 7 oz. twill (as Mr. Satchel said above).  Also new this run - Left Field skull logo rivet backs.

BlackCollectGreaser5.jpg

Additionally, we wanted to let people know that our current stock of the Cone White Oak Brown Selvedge Canvas Chinos is the final run.  

Lots of fun things on the horizon.  Feel free to hit me up if you guys need any help with sizing or anything else.   ^_^

Edited by ADH92

With all the new stuff coming out lately, is any outerwear planned for the fall?

Yep!! We've got a Japanese Twill Flight Jacket in olive drab and dark brown coming in September.

Heavy duty antique brass zipper, industrial ribbing, brass snaps, and a quilted lining.  I'm definitely grabbing one of these.

Here are a few pictures of the sample in olive drab.

lDyc8ZZ.jpg

1VLPLaH.jpg

BzHTJsv.jpg

Edit: For the Left Field seconds hunters - Christian and I will be putting up some Cone and Kuroki denim up this week in 33, 34, and 36.

Edited by ADH92

OH MAN that is awesome  :o

Is that gonna be a winter coat or a fall coat? If that's a fall coat I'm gonna have a really hard time not buying it!

Yeah ^_^ It's a good weight for versatile Fall/Winter wear.  Probably suitable for anywhere between 42 degrees Fahrenheit and the low 20's.  Anything less than 20 I think you might need a hoodie underneath.