Left Field Jeans

scotty2

So I've been wearing these since like early june-ish. They haven't been through a whole lot, but this is a super cool fabric.

Here goes!

Front:

10062595196_1d449fd197_z.jpg

Back:

10062594316_8abcc5e4e0_z.jpg

The fades are less blue in person, but the green is just as colorful. I've got some nice accurate macros of the fabric, if anyone is interested.

edit: macros!

Here's the warp...

8954474356_1403dba291_z.jpg

and weft.

8953275739_2f57159c55_z.jpg

Edited by altoclefchris

thanks for sharing Chris they look very cool I like how the green heather fill gives the jeans a tinted look, but the warp is straight indigo. Cool Jean and denim never went into production, (Cone sample room reserve ) so nice Cone Collector piece! Christian

Thanks man! Chris they ran a small run about 6-800 yards but never went into a full production run which is usually at least 4000 yards. Unfortunately, they haven't been doing much development since White Oak is at full capacity and running the basic 12.5 oz staple all day long, so it was nice to get a hold of some  more unique fabrics from them.  They did come out with a beefier 15 oz which I have currently in sewing. Should be inhouse in about 2 weeks.

Thanks man! Chris they ran a small run about 6-800 yards but never went into a full production run which is usually at least 4000 yards. Unfortunately, they haven't been doing much development since White Oak is at full capacity and running the basic 12.5 oz staple all day long, so it was nice to get a hold of some  more unique fabrics from them.  They did come out with a beefier 15 oz which I have currently in sewing. Should be inhouse in about 2 weeks.

Ah, cool. Always nice to be part of something small like that. I assume the 15oz uses the same weft threads?

Thanks Jung, we are coming over for the No Jacket Required show on Brick Lane in Feb to nail down some more stockist but will be shipping Jamboree and Peggs and Son, and have been in talk with Son of Stag. So ready to nail down some UK business. C

Shipping out a new denim store in Hackney called Jamboree mon.  www.jamboreestore.co.uk they will have the flight jacket, Kuroki Greasers and Cone White Oak Chelseas.  Check them out they will be stocking some great brands. Hit up Son of Stag to stock as well. thanks, C

Are these going to shrink much?

http://store.leftfieldnyc.com/product/cone-white-oak-brown-selvedge-canvas-tailored-chinos

I find myself going back to these almost every day. I'm just going to pull the trigger on them before they're gone forever. I wear a 33 in pretty much everything. Any advice on sizing?

Thanks in advance.

^ a 33 should do it. it should be a little snug at first and will loosen up just enough for you.

Thank you sir. I ordered a 33. We will see when they get here!

On another note. There is something about Left Field that stands out to me in the midst of all of these other American brands (i.e. Tellason, Rogue Territory, even 3Sixteen). I think it's the lack of flare presented in their products. Without a doubt, their craftsmanship is top notch, but the quality from Left Field is extremely subtle. There is no crazy pocket stitching, or showing coin pocket selvage, etc. Just classic products done incredibly well.

I'm not at all bashing on these other brands, simply just sharing my preference and appreciation.

Edited by whozdrew?

Thanks man, never been a fan of the coin pocket selvedge or over exposed selvedge, a historical utilitarian approach I believe is much more tasteful. How's the shop SDA? They seem really chill and glad to have another denim store in the UK. C

Christian, I am waiting with baited breath for that black Type I/II hybrid jacket. Can you say anything as to when it drops?

Edited by jake431

I'm new to this forum and Left Field but loving both.  I have a sizing question.

I'm about a month into a pair of Kurokis, size 36.  Amazing pair of jeans, best I've ever owned.

I've now got the Left Field itch and am looking into the Cone White Oak Brown Selvedge Canvas Miner Chinos.  I measured a pair of chinos that fit me well, in accordance with the suggestion on the Left Field website and here's what I got: 18.5 inches in the waistband when pulled tight, multiply by 2 you get 37, minus 1 for stretch you get 36.  

So, do I go with a 34 since the "actual waist" is 36, as per the website?

Sorry for the longwinded question.  Hope someone can help.   

I'm new to this forum and Left Field but loving both.  I have a sizing question.

I'm about a month into a pair of Kurokis, size 36.  Amazing pair of jeans, best I've ever owned.

I've now got the Left Field itch and am looking into the Cone White Oak Brown Selvedge Canvas Miner Chinos.  I measured a pair of chinos that fit me well, in accordance with the suggestion on the Left Field website and here's what I got: 18.5 inches in the waistband when pulled tight, multiply by 2 you get 37, minus 1 for stretch you get 36.  

So, do I go with a 34 since the "actual waist" is 36, as per the website?

Sorry for the longwinded question.  Hope someone can help.   

Glad you're enjoying the Kuroki denim.  Post some pictures once you've got some fades on them.

You should be fine with the 34.  The Cone selvedge duck ran big, but is the only bottom we have that's plus 2 like that.