Left Field Jeans

scotty2

i'll chainstitch some LF stuff if anyone needs it. $35 generally for jeans/pants not bought at the shop but PM me and we can work out a little SUFU/LF deal on hems/shipping to/from saint paul.

Also... I was thinking about this and I see two reasons for chain-stitching jeans: 1) a chain stitch is supposedly a stronger stitch than a straight stitch, and 2) the aesthetic appeal of hem-roping. The former still makes sense for chinos, but the latter is moot. In my understanding, roping happens because the 3x1 weave of denim causes the fabric to tweak diagonally when it shrinks (hence roping being more pronounced with unsanforized denim); the tension caused by this tweaking pulling on the chain stitch is what results in roping. But canvas is a 1x1 fabric, and the canvas Christian is using is sanforized, so this sideways tweaking won't happen, and thus nor will roping. So.... why chainstitch?

Ok losing my mind in NYC and answered the same question at the end of the last page twice thinking it wasn't posting. Never mind, Well it depends on orders but I have one insanely beautiful and heavy! Chambray "French Linen" made in Japan, lots of texture, a striped JP chambray not hickory style but old work shirt style, not a lot of bites so not sure, and lastly a light blue JP chambray, I had used in pocketing last fall, which would be the cheapest of the 3. I think regarding chain stitch vs straight stitch hem, the chain stitch will shrink even more if the thread is 100% cotton, I use a very expensive D-core thread that is a poly filament core wrapped in cotton. The poly core makes it many times stronger then 100% cotton and prevents blow outs common in 100% cotton. The poly core is wrapped in cotton, allowing the thread to fade evenly as the denim fades. So most important factor is the composition of the thread used for the chain stitch. C

Edited by Left Field

the Greaser Nisshinbo 15 oz fabric is completely cut so when this sells out it is done, the Nisshinbo used for the Chelsea is a 13 oz so that is a different fabric, same mill but is also completely cut so fabric won't be available after it sells out, although I have a larger inventory. C

^both denim's are awesome. i was pretty excited to see that the current run of 13oz nisshinbo is left hand twill.

So I just saw my favorite band Twilight Sad, from Glasgow, at Music Hall and I know there's Hurricane issues in New York but this place should have been wall to wall. James Graham is the most passionate singer since Ian Curtis, so listen for your self

and
they are on tour and if you can buy tickets their live show will make your hair stand on edge, sorry for posting non fashion but felt they need more exposure and you would understand the passion. C

I received yesterday my pair of Cone White Oak Brown Selvedge Canvas Tailored Chinos and I'm absolutely blown away! It's my first product from Left Field and I'm truly impressed. If this is an indication of the quality of this brand, I am a fan.

The only thing is, the description mentions a watch pocket, but I can't fins one anywhere. Can someone tell me where to find it?

Thanks!

the Tailored doesn't just the miner, might have been a cut and paste issue. So I just put up bunch of White Oak brown selvedge duck on 2nds. Not sure what's going on at Cone but looks like they might have got some rolls wet because there is some spotting from what it looks like where fabric got wet?? It comes out in a rinse just can't sell raw as a first so my loss is your gain. thanks, Christian

Can someone tell me if the chelsea jeans are tapered or are they more or less a straight leg? For example, if I got a size 31 and had them hemmed to a 30 inch inseam would the size of the leg opening change much? The sizing chart says they have a 7 inch leg opening and I'm looking for something slightly wider.

Can someone tell me if the chelsea jeans are tapered or are they more or less a straight leg? For example, if I got a size 31 and had them hemmed to a 30 inch inseam would the size of the leg opening change much? The sizing chart says they have a 7 inch leg opening and I'm looking for something slightly wider.

i doubt the leg opening would change much if you got them hemmed. most of the stuff ive had hemmed hasnt changed. I think the greasers have a perfect leg opening.

^^when i'm in the shop next on tuesday i'll measure a size 31 chelsea at 30" inseam and post my findings.