Left Field Jeans

scotty2

unfortunately that was deadstock fabric, so unless Cone reruns I can't and they are operating full shifts at White Oak so I was told no new development, which is not good. There's a nice black warp/weft selvedge greaser available? C

• 1 month later...

also, for whatever its worth.. the nisshinbo denim doesnt seem this way at first, but after a little wear (just a few days) is pretty hairy.. awsome.. love it.. i dunno, just thought id throw that out, since lf is pretty under the radar, besides for satchels updates and the wellspent dude.. i know the w.o.'s are sold in a lot of menswear choo choo train guy type stores.. my friend works at one, but he couldnt tell you anything about the jean except that its made of white oak cone mills in slim tapered and slim straight.. also, seems like these things are probably pretty fast faders..

seconds on the nisshinbo. seeing a lot of pretty pairs and their happy owners coming back to into the shop these days.

unfortunately,

they're hung up at the shop for the time being. for now, i'm trying to wear something for about 5-6 months then get it on the wall so i know the stretch/wear characteristics of most of our denims. it's easier for our every day st. paul customer to wrap their heads around what different denim's do as far as fading and stretching if they can see and feel it (or try it on...haha).

we're almost sold out of all that 12.5 oz. broken and rht cone mills greasers so that might get those back in rotation. they've been getting a lot of photographer love on our facebook and instagram.

i've got a new pair of cone mills chelseas that i'm gonna hem up and get to work on hopefully a little before we get them in. they are a great looking pair of jeans.

chelseas are even more my cut than the greasers even though they are some of my all time favorites.

christian is doing it right. not sure if we have any flannels coming in but i know they are awesome.

it's already sewn being trucked out to NYC, the tailored indigo cone white oak duck selvedge shipped yesterday, everything's running late but finishing up in sewing. Indigo sweatshirts, vintage dark grey crossgrain sweats in sewing as well. just to note new canvas pocketing with LF workwear bandanna in the new 5 pockets. I have bandannas with the same print to sell as well don't have them up on my site yet but Gordon does at BiG. hoping you guys like the change they are much sturdier. Always trying to improve!

unfortunately the Tartans weren't recut(they aren't flannel since they weren't brushed plain weave but they are an amazing 12 oz twill, not plainweave like modern flannels but like the old 5 brothers. I guess people couldn't grasp that via online picts so sales were very slow. I would recommend grabbing one on sale if your size is available though. I am doing a triple needle chainstitch work shirt for Jan in some amazing JP fabrics. The quality of production is equal to Japan even armholes are chainstitched(not all JP brands do this). I don't know how to post picts on this site so until i figure it out pm with with your email for picts of the WO brown selvedge duck, it almost looks more like a dark caramel then brown. thanks, C

Yes the indigo duck in tailor should be here today or tomorrow, one quick note, slight miscommunication with my pattern maker, the inseam on the indigo and dk caramel(new) selvedge WO ducks in tailored fit are 37.5 inch inseams, so great for tall guys but most likely will have to hem, sorry for the inconvenience. Miner fit is the same at 36", these are raw so expect shrinkage, I had 3/4 " on the dk caramel with a cold rinse hang dry. thanks, C