Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Sorry to hear that WGMDS/grominim I had changed all the Spring 12 delivery of chinos to a 4 hole and used a heavy tex 60 thread to attach. Anyone who needs buttons just email me and I'll send you out some replacements. The heavier stiff canvas tended to put too much pressure for a two hole button. As much as I love a fish eye button they just don't hold like the 4 holes. Christian

great to hear, Christian. i've done a lot of on the spot sewing of those fish-eyes.

Sorry to hear that WGMDS/grominim I had changed all the Spring 12 delivery of chinos to a 4 hole and used a heavy tex 60 thread to attach. Anyone who needs buttons just email me and I'll send you out some replacements. The heavier stiff canvas tended to put too much pressure for a two hole button. As much as I love a fish eye button they just don't hold like the 4 holes. Christian

cool beans, i wear your duck chinos almost every day. way more than denim now. iconic brown selvedge will be a must buy. maybe 3 pairs. that's how much i love brown selvedge.

Hey Scotto yes they are the same, I thought they looked liked jeans greasers would wear back in the day, not to tight but not loose either and just recently added The Chelsea fit, named after my favorite hotel, not skinny but more tapered and narrow thruout the leg, lower rise as well, sorry for the confusion everything is always a work in progess. C

big props if you were rocking those recently, NY weather has been brutal, no ac in the studio adds to it. Regarding Greaser WO it's all around 12.5-13 0z Cone doesn't go too heavy and running Mill at capacity so they are sticking with the basic for the big hitters, not much on the development side. All in all you can't beat the price for WO selvedge denim copper hidden rivets, made in America and it's a good year round weight. What did you want to know about WO indigo ducks, I would not machine wash, cold soak, little bit of detergent inside out hang dry so you don't get weird washer abrasions, it screws up the natural process. C

i'm mulling over a pair of those, sunday! hey christian, what are the chances that there will be another pair of chinos pants from you? i adore mine. even though they were washed before i got them, they've evolved a little. i'll take some pics soon!

Hey WGMDS are you talking about the herringbone reverse tweed? If so fabric is long goneI have smaller sizes on sale now. Dkatz sure do been wearing mine for about 6 months, breaks in nice not as prominent whiskers as reg indigo but it is sulpher dyed so reacts similar to denim. This same denim you can see in a few different brands for way over $300, it has a black fill which is the only way to wear black selvedge denim. Not down with black jeans/white fill looks like bad 80's. not sure how to attach jpeg image on here let me know and I will post. C

whoops, i meant black chinos.

Independance in Chicago(Oak St bootmakers) got the last of my black Selvedge duck, best to soak the black otherwise it get unusuall whiskering from the washer, some people like it though? Brown selvedge duck is at the factory waiting on markers from my pattern maker who is flaking and perpetrating. First in line to be cut. The American Companies that have been outsourcing all their production overseas are now overcrowding the good factories so they can capitalize on Made in America product. Kind of annoying because it causes delays for the smaller companies that never left. C

Hey WGMDS are you talking about the herringbone reverse tweed? If so fabric is long goneI have smaller sizes on sale now. Dkatz sure do been wearing mine for about 6 months, breaks in nice not as prominent whiskers as reg indigo but it is sulpher dyed so reacts similar to denim. This same denim you can see in a few different brands for way over $300, it has a black fill which is the only way to wear black selvedge denim. Not down with black jeans/white fill looks like bad 80's. not sure how to attach jpeg image on here let me know and I will post. C

ChristianBlackGreasers.JPG

wgmds, i think we have one pair of selvage black ducks at BlackBlue. size 30.

in other news:

i washed my cone mills broken twill greasers last night after wearing them all day every day since february 20th.

they have been great. over that time period, they stretched over 1" in the waist and about 1/2" in the thigh.

after a hot normal wash in the machine, i put them on momentarily then hung them to dry. they shrunk about 1/2" in the waist and just little bit in the thigh. they came up about 3/4" in the inseam.

they faded beautifully in the lap and thighs and ass and not too much in the honeycombs. i am rather pleased also with the roping from my first ever chainstitch on the shop's union special.

the bandana pocket bags are holding up pretty well. they are only slightly ripped where the corners of my iphone sit 99% of the time. there is some fraying in the crotch which is to be expected. the leather tag got significantly lighter which is cool.

it took about a month to settle in but i love the fit of these. classic 50s look.

IMG_2944.jpg

leftfield.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg