make a case for the unlocking of waywt shit talking thread.

haptronic

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's obviously a difference there, but I think an even more important difference between "dress your body type" and nothing being said at all. I know you weren't using that as a specific example and more of a hypothetical example, but I remember plenty of occasions when people were being aggressive about "body issues" when respected members would step in and quell the problem. Overall, I think Supefuture users did a good job keeping each other in check.

I think the end of WAYWT Shit Talking Thread came at a bad time when a lot of people were aggravated at some of the decisions that Superfuture was making. Now that we've settled in once more I think it would work once again.

Guest jmatsu

hap,

i understand the dilemma you are faced with. the waywt stt, no doubt is a breeding ground of personal attacks. i for one have tried to be a fair hater. keep my hate as pure as possible. no doubt, at time i've let satan possess me and in the past i've made personal attacks somewhat undeserved. trying not too.

i do wanna say that personal attacks are sometimes justified though. if some guy posts a fit i find rather unpalatable, i'll comment and be done with it. if the fit is unfortunately enough to offend my fashion/style sensibilities i shall not think twice about delivering my kind of swift justice. it's when the subject smells of bitchassness, that a reaction he or she might take as a personal, naturally manifests itself as well.

i guess it depends on just how personal people wanna take a critique.

the best advice i can give (take it or leave it) is to weigh the pros and cons of

the sst. would you rather alienate members who've proved their worth in terms of forum contribution or new jacks? and let me say that there are two types of noob. there are fish who suffer from the bitchass affliction, and there are those who swiftly/recognizably become part of the forum because of their merit and attitude.

Community-building is a two-way street. I dislike the cliquishness that evolves and the hate that gets piled on new members for asking fairly innocuous questions, but at the same time I also dislike the sense of entitlement that some new members have.

By way of analogy, a friend of mine and I went to a wrestling gig dressed as we normally do, meaning that he was wearing a pink shirt and a blazer and I was wearing tight pants and a cropped jacket. To give you an idea of the crowd, there was this large dude dressed in a black trench coat drinking Mountain Dew straight out of a three-liter bottle getting a foot massage from his woman. We did more than our fair share of heckling, which resulted in us being called "FAG" numerous times and eventually getting threatened by both the crowd and a couple of the wrestlers. It was awesome.

The point being, of course, is that if you come to a certain place and dress a certain way and call attention to yourself, you should expect what's coming to you.

It's simple indeed, if you don't like sufu's waywt, then why bother posting and asking the very people who make that thread for advise? Lurk, Learn, Post to contribute ≠ Post and teach me what you know!

SuFu doesn't "have a waywt". SuFu has many waywt's which would appear to serve several different purposes. STT had performed different tasks over time according to the people posting in this thread. The chat waywt in the span of a couple of weeks went from more newbie friendly to a thinly veiled STT. The Worst and The Best waywt's are still out there.

I had a simple question - Will constructive criticism be found on SuFu or not? You clearly don't want it here and would prefer people use other forums. If most agree, you won't have to worry about new members finding constructive critique on SuFu. Don't sweat it.

every community will always become a bit cliqueish after a while

SuFu doesn't "have a waywt". SuFu has many waywt's which would appear to serve several different purposes. STT had performed different tasks over time according to the people posting in this thread. The chat waywt in the span of a couple of weeks went from more newbie friendly to a thinly veiled STT. The Worst and The Best waywt's are still out there.

I had a simple question - Will constructive criticism be found on SuFu or not? You clearly don't want it here and would prefer people use other forums. If most agree, you won't have to worry about new members finding constructive critique on SuFu. Don't sweat it.

fuck outta here

it's hard to give constructive criticism on a head-to-toe hopelessly bad fit. if there's nowhere to start from your fit will be destroyed in its entirety. lurk moar is the answer.

wow..I didn't think I would get so much neg rep for that comment. Just had an opinion. I did however deserve the one for saying "synergy of fabric"..hahaha..that shit sounds stupid as hell. Some of you guys make some very good points. Jmatsu definately has a point about the forum having an identity and some sort of common thread. I, personally, only post in threads that I have common interests with so I can definately understand this. Also, I dont remember who said it, the point about some new members "shoving themselves down your throats" even when they are obviously not welcome. I've seen quite a bit of this. That Skull6 guy for example. I felt sorry for him at first but he just kept bringing it on himself. Giving it further thought, if people choose to post there pics in a "shit talking thread", then they have to be prepared for whats next. There is no unbearable force pushing them into these threads. BTW..LMAO at me having a future in Jazz Francis Xavier.

wow..I didn't think I would get so much neg rep for that comment. Just had an opinion. I did however deserve the one for saying "synergy of fabric"..hahaha..that shit sounds stupid as hell. Some of you guys make some very good points. Jmatsu definately has a point about the forum having an identity and some sort of common thread. I, personally, only post in threads that I have common interests with so I can definately understand this. Also, I dont remember who said it, the point about some new members "shoving themselves down your throats" even when they are obviously not welcome. I've seen quite a bit of this. That Skull6 guy for example. I felt sorry for him at first but he just kept bringing it on himself. Giving it further thought, if people choose to post there pics in a "shit talking thread", then they have to be prepared for whats next. There is no unbearable force pushing them into these threads. BTW..LMAO at me having a future in Jazz Francis Xavier.

facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

i posted something like this once but i couldnt find it to quote so ill paraphrase.

you should really take this as if you were learning to drive. you dont first get on the road expecting everyone the slow down to let you in, if you do youll get honked at. same thing should apply here.

it was something like that, maybe more eloquent

If i want to go look at fits without a bunch of extra text, and compliments, i'd go to lookbook.nu. Not only is it much easier as far as searching for fits, but most of the photography is better and chicks cuter.

Most of these people just post their pictures and expect people to fix them. They don't actually put in the effort to help themselves. They either just want compliments or e-fellating (if so, they should quit sufu and go to honest/authentic forum or lookbook). If they're looking for someone to fix their fit, they should show that they are trying by asking a specific question (not, is this ok?), browsing a bit more, etc...

Annoying as new people pop up on styleforum waayyy more than here and just are lazy as fucking shit and want the forum to put items in their online shopping cart for them. It's frustrating as hell, and even on styleforum people are getting tired of it and hating on people. It doesn't have to lead to vendettas that bleed over into other threads though. If it does, it's not really the problem of the hater, but the person being hated on for not having thick enough skin and understanding that posting your picture on a forum leaves you open to some jabs.

If you really are that afraid of a shit talking thread, then you may as well just create a lookbook/fashion spot "no negativity" rule because people are still hating and people getting bent out of shape in chat edition thread, and other random threads.

Sure there will be a few people who take stuff too far, use excessive derogatory language, keep long lasting vendettas, or take things too far. We have a flag post button for a reason if someone feels something is out of line. If someone feels truly threatened or something, they can defend themselves by flagging that post with an explanation for someone like you to come along and delete and or infract the poster.

I just don't see why it's that big a deal that some posters make fun of others occasionally. While, hap, i know you believe in not hating or doing that stuff, not everyone thinks exactly like you, (including some other mods or long time respected posters). If you don't think you're also capable of getting upset and acting hastily/unnecessary like some of the "haters", you very mistaken.

Also, i fit your little categories (posted about 30 probably, but obviously am not afraid to post myself). I've been in worst waywt once wearing sweats that fit weird. People made fun without being constructive. You know what? Whatever

Also, i fit your little categories (posted about 30 probably, but obviously am not afraid to post myself). I've been in worst waywt once wearing sweats that fit weird. People made fun without being constructive. You know what? Whatever

Word. Superfuture shouldn't be a haven for bitchassness and people with no self esteem who break down when they get called out.

Guest jmatsu

sufu is like a super duper small microuniverse that somewhat loosely resembles the industries it discusses. take for example the fashion industry.

many of the designers whose designs people are fond or who have come to terms with/respect were definitely critiqued and hated on. did some of those now industry titans give up or exhibit bitchassness, cry about shit and just throw in the towel? the ones that are still here obviously did not.

While, hap, i know you believe in not hating or doing that stuff

where did you get this idea from?

I AM FULL OF HATE!!!!

I HAVE SO MUCH HATE IN ME THAT I AM EXPLODING FROM HATE

I AM MADE OUT OF HATE

I AM THE HATE MACHINE

lets start on some fits...

perhaps not.

to be honest mostly i don't think i am qualified to hate on peoples fits i know a little bit about clothes, and have had some nice compliments from posting my outfits, i have given people advice in real life about clothes.

there are outfits i personally do not like, people's styles i don't like. i guess i have better things to do than sit around and try and get easy meat rep by hating on noobs.

Dude. I just got outta class and am bored watching the magic game. Gimme a break. QUIT HATING I FEEL SO BAD :(

could someone post the readers digest version of chrono's post?

icantreadallthat,jpg

For your approval.

If people want to post photos of themselves but be exposed to scathing comments about said photos, they should seek another forum, such as lookbook.nu.

These goddamn weasels are expecting to be mollycoddled, but we're not going to give it to them. Style is something that evolves, not something that is handed to you.

The same thing is happening on Style Forum and even the jerkwads over there are getting sick of it.

Some people take shit-talking too far, but that's the price you pay sometimes.

I wore some crappy sweats once. So sue me.