Eternal Jeans

minya

And you got them from Dex, right? He also said they were raw. There's no way both of you guys are wrong. And not to mention that 99% of stores sell these one wash.

Braid - I've had 2 pairs of size 32 that were wildly different sizes, and my current pair of 33s that seems like more than one size up than the 32, except in the waist which is still snug. And the inseam is 34. Very inconsistent sizing on these. I'd say stick with them for at least a week (or a month) like you said you would...

woah this is getting serious.. so ill add my input

i originaly bought them from choice_genes so he can definately tell you if he bought them raw or not

when I had them they fit good, not tight on my waist, so I hot soaked them once... idk if you would consider that a wash orr not

Before:

DSC02865.jpg

*no sheen:

DSC02882.jpg

DSC02880.jpg

DSC02892.jpg

After:

DSC02921.jpg

(cuffs twice rolled just as before)

so sufu, who owes who 5 bucks??

*on another tangent, probably the biggest difference between these and other jeans ive worn is the rise is a bit funny. it makes my package look huge (not that it isnt...) anyone else experienced the same? lots of buldge over the buttons, more room for comfort, but feels/looks a little funny, maybe itll settle out, whateva

i'm amazed....what's your paypal dino?

it's no wonder people are having such a hard time sizing these things. they're all over the map. i wonder if they're made by hand and that explains the sizing fluctuations....weird.

Haha I was wondering whether these were my ones or not :D

I bought them from Bears, they were definitely one-wash state. Leg seams had twisted and everything. And in any event I can tell can tell raw from one-wash state.

Nice stuff Dino. After all the deliberation I actually regret selling them. Wish I was wearing them now! Lol, oh well, I'll pick up another pair in Tokyo later this year.

braidkid

when i first got my pair i couldn't button the top button comfortably. i walked around the first week or so with it undone because i couldn't sit in classs without feeling like i was going to be cut into.

just get the waist band soaked and wear them while its drying and you'll be fine. i wouldn't size up if the rest of the jean looks good on you. as far as shrinking they simply shrink back to normal size and then quickly stretch back out as you were them again, not much , if any, loss in the inseam.

About the sizing discrepancies: my understanding is that it has more to do with the washing process than the construction process. I have tried on four different pairs of one-wash, size 30 Eternal 811's. I found that they fit differently, and that the tighter ones were also shorter in the inseam. I suspect that these smaller pairs have gotten out more of their shrinkage (awkward sentence, but I don't know how to rephrase).

i'm amazed....what's your paypal dino?

it's no wonder people are having such a hard time sizing these things. they're all over the map. i wonder if they're made by hand and that explains the sizing fluctuations....weird.

yeah, they must just be really inconsistent, quite annoying, but oh well. i did notice that after the wash the legs shrunk in some, not as much fabric tossing around on my thighs now, though it seems like itll be back with a little wear. the waist shrunk a little too, but i measured and its exactly 16 inches across, so exactly tagged size now and NOT nearly two sizes smaller like you can read about them being in the beginning of this thread. go figure

The 811 are so nice. I'll eventually need to get a pair. They are third on my list. Next is Samurai 5000 black and thena pair of Sc okinawa... then the all mighty 811.

/\___/\

//    ヽ::: \

| (●), 、(●)、 |

| ,,ノ(、_, )ヽ、,, |    

|   ,;‐=‐ヽ :::::|    

\  `ニニ´.:::/

/`ー‐--‐‐—´´\

.n:n    nn

nf|||   | | |^!n

eteranal1.jpgeteranal2.jpg

Because the waist is proportionally small, in order to get one that fits, the thighs end up being too large for me. Also, because of how inconsistent the sizing is, the legs on my size 33 felt like they were more than just one size up from the 32s I had. Additionally, the inseam on my 33s was 34, when every size chart I've ever seen says they're 33. If I could try on a bunch of different pairs I could probably find one that works, but since ordering from Japan is such a crap shoot, I think I'm done with Eternals, which is too bad because they really are beautiful.

Works for me because my legs are larger than normal. So most jeans I buy to thigh size end up being too big in the waist (helloooo Dubbleworks 660). Buying to thigh size with jeans that have a small waist is easily fixed. Just buy to your thigh size and stretch the waist out with a bakertowne stretcher. QED. Of cousre, there aren't any thigh stretchers on the market, unfortunately. :(

man, chponglasia, i know exactly how you feel.

it's been 5 days in my 811's now and they feel like they're finally stretching out in the waist so they're not killing me when i sit down. btw, that bakertowne stretcher sounds like a facinating device and one every 811 owner should have.

chponglasia, let me know how your S5000VX's work for you. I have a feeling you won't be disappointed with those.

Ok, so whilst looking through bears shop after clicking jooles's link I happened to stumble upon these badass bitches :

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/eternal-872/

eternal 872. Similar cut to the 868, must be identical fabric. For all intents and purposes the same jean in my eyes - except for the absense of "10TH ANNIVERSARY" specialties like numbers on the pocket tags, an indigo hanky or the a patch reminding you of the decade of eternal. 18oz, streakishly slubby. Heres the best bit - 30, 32, and 34 in stock.

You know I went a bit nuts over these, trying to get my size, lots of people wanted a pair but couldnt find any. Maybe eternal had some yards left over from 350 tenth anniversary jeans and knocked a few of these out under a slightly different name? I dunno.

Does anybody know if they'll ship to NA?