Eternal Jeans

minya

So im a newbie and im hooked. Ive been rocking a pair of Sugar Cane Edos for a while and some LVC. As you all well know these are quite "baggy" with the anti fit etc. Im looking for a slightly slimmer pair to complement the above. Would the 811s do the trick. I am however, 41 years old and dont want to look like im trying to be a kid.

I am six feet and 175lb. Skinny BUt with a slight gut. I usually go with a 38" in the LVC or STF and wash down two sizes. My sugar canes are also 36 and are ok in the waist.

By was of comparison and reference I am also working on a pair of APC NS. These are 33" waist. They are streching out ok but they are still nut huggers and not the most comforatable. So im hoping the 811s would have a slightly longer rise and overall a bit more room in the crocth area.

Stated simply, help a newb out. Would the eternals be a nice one in fit in between the tighter NS and the anti fits. Much obliged

The other thought would be a pair of samaurais's but there are too many too many for me to get a handle on...

I just picked up a pair of one wash 811's from BIG today, the woman working asked my size and then gave me a pair 2 sizes up which surprised me, but they ended up fitting pretty perfectly. I don't wear my jeans super tight, so for a more typical SF fit you might try to work with your true size, but I'm happy being able to use my pockets and sit comfortably. I can't wait for cooler weather to come so I can wear them regualrly, I can't handle heavy denim in the summer.

The one ever-so-tiny fault I have with them is that I wish they were maybe 1/2 an ich smaller at the hem, if I soak them from the knees down will they shrink any, and would it be noticable in terms of color? I doubt it since these are already washed, but can anyone shed some light?

1/2 inch smaller than they currently are, sorry if that wasn't clear. Right now they're just under 9" and while it sounds like a small thing, I really prefer the way jeans fit if the hem is closer to 8.5".

oh nah that was my bad. i didnt see the "i wish" part in the first post.

turn them inside out and wash them. i did, and i got them to shrink a little bit more, but a half inch? that might not be feasable. could always get them tailored if its that important.

got these babies over at take 5, from what bennyu said these eternals are the closest thing to having natural indigo jeans and paying for a sunthetic indigo price..

hk2007take5121.jpg

hk2007take5128.jpg

hk2007take5127.jpg

hk2007take5126.jpg

hk2007take5125.jpg

hk2007take5122.jpg

yeah mate thats right.. these fades kindda fast wore them for 2 days straight ( cause had to have take 5 hem my sammies the only pants i brought with my there) and the creases and the crotch are already having discolorations..

I think the color is going to get really interesting as they continue to fade. I've got the beginnings of vertical discoloring happening in the raised areas, and then the between areas will fade differently than the smooth ones.

Unfortunately my 5000BKs are sitting in my PO Box, so I'm going to have to add those to the rotation tomorrow, thus slowing the damage on the Eternals.

Good pick up, Edmond. I love my pair.

And in regards to the natural indigo thing, I feel like these are kinda refuting what's been said that natural indigo fades slow because of the hank dyeing process and not the indigo properties. My 872s seem to be fading pretty quickly.

but the 872s are synthetic indigo dyed right? probably why it fades faster. it looks the same as my oni shoais but i've been having a hard time w/ fades and contrasts with them.

they do have them. at least last time i was there. maybe just not online?

well thats good to know I don't really get the chance to stop in cause they close before I get outta work, but I'll be there this weekend for the BiG anniversary party so we'll see. just went and checked online say's preorder only.

but the 872s are synthetic indigo dyed right? probably why it fades faster. it looks the same as my oni shoais but i've been having a hard time w/ fades and contrasts with them.

Yeah, the 872s are synthetic. They're also hank dyed.

There was a discussion here where the general consensus was that things like the Oni Shoais and PBJ XX-001 are hard to fade not because of the natural indigo, but because they are hank dyed. The 872s seem to suggest otherwise.

watchman, those look great!

Braidkid, curious, you mentioned you purchased your 811's off of Rakuten and they had come with the redtab intact. Which store specifically did you purchase your Eternals from that ships to the States?

you can purchase them from more-net or vari-shop. both ship to US with red tab...

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/more-net/376319/537423/

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/vari/811/

Alright...

I just went through the whole thread and I just want to make sure on the sizing...

If you get raw...still get your true size because even though they fit ''2 smaller than tagged...they'll stretch out to the right size?

And if you get one washed...still get your true size?

I'm a 31.5''-32'' waist so I should get a waist 32'' for the Eternal 811?

Alright...

I just went through the whole thread and I just want to make sure on the sizing...

If you get raw...still get your true size because even though they fit ''2 smaller than tagged...they'll stretch out to the right size?

And if you get one washed...still get your true size?

I'm a 31.5''-32'' waist so I should get a waist 32'' for the Eternal 811?

you should be able to pull through with a 31...it expands.

id go with a 31

Word, so the one wash will stretch out at least 1.5''?

BiG lists a w31 as 30.5'' more or less and and I need it to fit around 32.

Sorry for all the questions, it's just that from all the sizing discrepancies...I just want to make a well informed purchase.

yes, one wash, it would stretch that much fairly easily. im a 32 at least, but it sounded like you were a bit on the smaller side of a 32 compared to me. anyways, i have a pair of 811s in a 32. check some of my waywts or some pages back in this thread to see fit pictures