minya

Eternal Jeans

true to size or size up for a 36 waist?

i asked this before, but the recent contributions confuse me!

just stay true to size...and shrink.

I would say true to size. I sized down 1, which worked pretty wel for me, thought the first week was pretty tricky...

sorry for one of "these" posts... but i'm interested in picking up a pair of 809's from supermarket but couldn't find any information on these at all via google. i did a fair amount of backtracking through the thread but couldn't find anything.

anyone familiar with these? same denim as the 811 cut yes? and, although the measurements check out, would sizing down one (one wash) be a bad idea? for reference, they are a 30 O/W but the waist measures 31" and are unstretched. my waist is 31", and 32" where i wear my jeans.

if true to size and shrink is the general consensus on the 811s, even for a 36 and higher, this pre-wash size table from BiG really doesn't make any sense to me!

811_raw_specs_web.jpg

:confused:

it stretches.

get true to size

hot soak air dry

hot soak again and air dry

you'll love the fit.

people stop sucking at jeans so much

its not that hard

people stop sucking at jeans so much

its not that hard

Rep'd for the truth. People are so silly.

Am I the only person who sized up three? Seriously?

I tried to, but the diaper ass was so bad that I decided to sell them. Fit in the thighs was pretty decent, though.

Does anyone here own 872's? I'm on the fence on picking up a pair.

At the store near me, they have 30's and 34's in stock. The 30's were way too tight (could not get the top button closed) and the 34's felt huge. I'm wondering how these pants are sized compared to their well-known 811's.

heh ^

found it funny that you tried on both size, maybe a little out of desperation.

I thought I would be able to squeeze into the 30's and I also took the 34's to the changing room for the hell of it.

The size 32 53220's have a solid fit but they will stretch out a bit over time I suppose.

The size 32 53220's have a solid fit but they will stretch out a bit over time I suppose.

i would help you but i only know 811s bud

Thanks. :)

I just bought 3 jeans in the last two weeks so I'm going to sit out for awhile until something really special catches my eye. This hobby can be quite expensive as you probably already know! :D

okay...can we have some pictures now?

Hmm, I couldn't close the first two buttons on the day I bought them.

Day after I could close the 2nd button, and at the end of that day I could also close the top one. Glad I didn't size up!

here sth on sizing by gordon:

---

Hi Arne,

The 811's run true to size up until around size 32 and then they begin to

measure the same as the tag size pre-wash and shrink down an inch below tag

size. For a 36" waist you're correct in that a size 38 would be the right

choice as long as by sizing up, the thigh and leg measurements do not seem

bigger than what you'd prefer. This sizing is the same for all of the 811's,

the only difference with these we carry is an extended inseam length and the

option of having them raw as they're usually only sold as one-washed.

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon Heffner

Blue In Green LLC

NY NY 10013

---

but, maybe a 36 is worth the pain?!

811's at another 1.5-2 months maybe, still at 1 soak, no wash. Now at 6-6.5 months

eternal081017go7.jpg

eternal0810172dh6.jpg

eternal0810173yz2.jpg

eternal0810174os4.jpg

eternal0810175qb3.jpg

wow thats the kind of lap fades i want.

all crinkly and segmented like that.

did you make one of your grandparents hold your jeans up for you?

oh, very nice work btw

Thaiison - ur granny looks very suspcious of the denim...lol..smell or concept of taking pics ??

Either way - those will be beautiful....

great work thaiison - I'm very jealous

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• hello !

supertalk is free to browse as a guest. You need to be a member to participate in discussions or buy and sell on the classifieds.

From 2021 new membership is $US 6 / year.

You can also become a premium superseller or supermember. Businesses who want to promote their brand and products need to become a supersponsor. superfuture is privately owned and has been online continuously for 22 years. It is a digital cockroach and will survive all current and future apocalypses.  

• Similar Content

• By rob j cole
      Up for sale is my S510XX 19oz in size 33. It comes with the old back pocket style. For repairs and overall condition please refer to pictures below .
      Asking for 75€ + shipping
      Waist: 88cm = 34,6inch
      Inseam: 92cm = 36,2inch
      Back rise: 38cm = 14,9inch
      Front rise: 27,5cm = 10,8inch
      Leg opening: 22cm = 8,6inch

• By emgee420
      http://imgur.com/a/SKJa2 <-album for pics

sugar cane 1947 sz 30 (worn since labor day 2016) $125 shipped

all pairs approx. 30" inseam, chainstitched hem
      paypal accepted
      offers/trades considered
      email: [email protected]
    • By mphem
      These are an absolutely amazing pair of jeans from Japan in the "One Wash" model.

I bought these off of Tate and Yoko during their sale and got them hemmed to 30.5 inches.

Unfortunately they don't fit me and I can't return them after they've been hemmed. I've only worn them for an hour around the house and they are too small. Probably will not stretch enough for me to use them.

Comes with tags and everything. Get them for a steal. They retail for $275 US! And even Denimio charges $178 for them.

Listed price includes shipping in North America. Contact me if you want a quote for elsewhere.

Measurements

Waist: 29.75 inches

Front rise: 10.25 inches

Back rise: 14.25 inches

Thigh: 11 inches

Leg opening: 7.75 inches

Inseam: 30.5 inches

• By cw
      ETERNALS

never worn. these are slightly small on me now so i'm letting them go. open to trade offers for denim of similar quality and craft. $160, shipped in the U.S. only. 

waist: 18â€
      front rise: 11.5â€
      back rise: 16â€
      thigh: 12.5â€
      knee: 9.25â€
      opening: 8.75â€
      inseam: 34â€

Using spended weft dyes from Kurashiki Kojima in Okayama Prefecture, we present Eternal's long awaited jeans. This is a 14.5oz Eternal standard model that uses original denim. Traditional looms are used to weave the cotton threads together, the cloth woven with soft tension produces a special roughness and bumpy texture. You can enjoy the three dimentional fade from the bumpy texture as you wear them. The cut is Eternal's original straight legs which has a slightly tight impression. The cloth is dyed dark so that at one glance it appears to be black, once the denims are worn to a long time they begin to fade into its true color scheme.

[/url]

[/url]

SAMURAI

soaked a couple times. never washed or dried in a machine. these are slightly small on me now so i'm letting them go. open to trade offers for denim of similar quality and craft. $140, shipped in the U.S. only.

info below...

waist: 17.75â€
      front rise: 11.5â€
      back rise: 15.75â€
      thigh: 12.75â€
      knee: 9.5â€
      opening: 8.6â€
      inseam: 32.5â€

This material is Samurai Jean's toughest yet. Introducing Samurai Jeans S0500XX 15 oz Otokogi Straight.To make these, only American Texas Cotton was used which is known for its roughness and gives the thread rough bumpiness. The thread is twisted tightly which makes the material twice as hard. The thread was woven together at a thread count of 6 by 6. The limited deepness coloring used to dye the outsde of the fibers pure indigo without penetrating the core so fading will occure easily with wear. Unlike the other models, this pair was woven together with strong tension and to date has driven in the most tension around the waist.When you try on these denims, the strength around the waist will increase. Weighing on 15.6 oz, these tough denims are made for Samurai original denim die-hard fans. The Selvedge portion is called 「刀耳〠Seven Ears. These denims are easy to wear and around the hip and waist are balanced without being too tight above the thigh then are tapered towards the hem. This sillhouette is narrower than the S0510XX・S3000VX and a bit wider than the S5000VX・S0110XJ.

• Top 10 Active Viewed Topics

• THE LIST
    SSENSE GLOBAL
  • Jacquemus Green 'Le Bob Gadjo' Bucket Hat
    US$ 110

green-le-bob-gadjo-bucket-hat.jpgshow?id=gf39VV*YhHg&bids=818443.19800393