Eternal Jeans

minya

Quote:

they run 2" smaller than tagged.

--- Original message by minya on May 30, 2006 07:51 AM

aint that the truth! i ordered size 36 (one wash), and they are definitely a 34. i will be putting them up for sale in the market as soon as i get around to taking and posting pics. those of you wanting a jump on that, pm me, because they are brand new, still with the tags.

Quote:

I think we need a 28 page thread of

"WHAT SIZE SHOULD I BUY MY ETERNALS HERE IS MY DIESEL ZATHAN SIZE 32 AND MY LEVIS 501 SIZE 34"

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Jun 1, 2006 10:50 AM

yeah, what is up with the differing opinions on how the Eternals are sized. Maybe this is why there are so many threads because there's no definitive answer? Which brings me to my next question, I wonder if Japanese jeans, for the Japanese and not exported, are sized smaller, whereas as those exported are truer for big fat americans?

Quote: wonder if Japanese jeans, for the Japanese and not exported, are sized smaller, whereas as those exported are truer for big fat americans?

That's a two-fold answer.

1) Japanese repro jeans are not as low-rise as American and European jeans, and low-rise jeans are sized up a little bit because they are meant to sit on your hips, which are larger than your waist.

2) Yes, it is a pretty widely accepted fact that a lot of American companies tag the jeans smaller than they are to make people feel like they fit them better. "I wear a 8 in American Eagle, but my GAP size is 2! GAP jeans fit me so much better!"

Quote:

just measure your eternals like this and we'll be done with this

02.jpg

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Jun 1, 2006 11:06 AM

no measuring required, it's a damn fact that the one wash Eternal 811s I bought from a dude in Japan though sized 36, are more like a 34/35. But if you must: the Eternal 811 are 84 cm, for a size 36. In comparison my Hawaii's are 91 cm, also a 36.

rargh, I so wanted to buy a pair, but now all this sizing confusion is making me so wary... I've seen eternal 811s on rakuten claiming to be size "30" that have ranged everywhere from 73cm to 76cm ( which is like 28-30")

Guess I should do more research for another slim cut japanese raw selvedge blah blah blah jean :P

Quote:

Oh, just saw that they offer one-wash AND raw on Rakuten-----I think that RAW is a *new* option, as the site says, FINALLY, WE HAVE RAW, or some such.

We both win!!! *hug*

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on May 30, 2006 06:18 AM

toldyou.JPG

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

• 1 month later...

well i just got my eternals they are gorgeous. they also came in a PBJ box courtesy of bears. this sucked because the PBJ box while white and big was also big and big, and my mail forwarder charges a variable rate per kg, either actual weight or volumetric weight whichever is greater. and while the actual weight was merely 1.5kg, the volumetric weight became 5.7kg. instead of paying 25 sgd i forked out 72.

dscn4612aed7.jpg

dscn4619ayz9.jpg

the jeans came in a bears bag:

dscn4637ahe9.jpg

and surprisingly the tag on the backpocket has changed. it's now white instead of blue, twill (or canvas it feels more like canvas actually) instead of denim. when did this happen, does anyone know?

dscn4651aqz3.jpg

dscn4662abp8.jpg

sorry for the picture flood. you know how people are after they've just gotten their virgin pair of japanese denim... ;)

better than christmas, christmas never came this blue and this sexy. and the denim is really something compared to something like APC. and this isn't even anywhere near top-of-the-line... i can't imagine what 45rpms must feel like to the touch.

DDML, thanks. i bought a 31 and i can vouch for the true to size-ness of these jeans. i'm like a 31" waist and the jeans are a bit tight in the waist but they feel like they could stretch out to fit me nicely. roomier in the butt and legs than my new standards. i'll take pictures with them on tomorrow or something.

rarr

dscn4766abl7.jpg

dscn4772aty9.jpg

sorry for the grainy photos my camera is shitty when it goes indoors. i suck at taking photos.

after i took the pics i packed the jeans away. gonna save them up until i work my apcs in nicely. wear them around the house, keep them away from dirt till i'm ready to knock them in properly.