Eternal Jeans

minya

just wait until the senior 25 and desk job 35 show up

Truth. I lost weight when grad school permitted me to work out 6 days/week, and immediately put on 7-10 lbs within a week of re-employing. Cake played a big part. It's always someone's birthday...

Guest spazzz
Truth. I lost weight when grad school permitted me to work out 6 days/week, and immediately put on 7-10 lbs within a week of re-employing. Cake played a big part. It's always someone's birthday...

i always eat like 4 meals a day at work. i had ramen for 1st lunch at 11, then pizza for 2nd lunch a half hour ago.

I'm getting my 811's tapered.

Please don't hate. It truly hurts to put them through surgery but my hem was measuring 8.5 which is too gansta for me. I got them down to 7.5.

I pick them up tomorrow and will post pics.

Just make sure they don't butcher your selvage like Ramon did to mine...

I did the same (or so I thought), but when I went to pick my jeans up I was pretty crushed. And this was the tailor that BiG recommended too. They look fine for the most part, but I like the way jeans look with a small turn-up and they look awful like that now.

^i too had a pair of jeans fucked up by ramon. told them to just re-attach the original hem...i get them back and it was certainly re attached....with BLUE thread. i was pretty bummed because every non- denim item i have taken there has been fine.

luckily it was just a hem problem and i ended up just going to 45 rpm to fix it. something i should've just done in the first place.

I never understood how reattaching the original hem could look good. I have never seen it (or have I), so maybe it is ok, but I picture a huge mess.

if its done properly it can be quite hard to tell the difference unless you look super close. i have had a pair done in the past at the old denim doctors in l.a. and it was fine.

my girlfriend has done it more than myself and they have all looked fine with a normal hem stich.

that said, if you're dealing with a chainstitch these days it much easier to just have it hemmed that way. i didn't use to have as much access to chainstitching in the past and re-attaching was a way to maintain the same stitch.

I had my taper done at kuhlman.

I got them back today. Yes, they did taper on the selvedge side. So now my tracks are going to be all screwed up. So I took scissors and cut off the excess taper so the seam is once again uniform on the inside. They're back at the tailors now to stitch the seam where I cut so it won't unravel.

Meanwhile my skulls are getting crotch reinforcement so i'm left without my two main pairs.

What a mess.

Sorry to hear that braidkid, I feel your pain.

BiG doesn't do tapering, which is why we have these problems. If you just need a hem done you have plenty of options, but tapering is a risky proposition right now.

I have washed my eternals a couple times in a year and maybe 2 or 3 soaks too, and have not been any worse for it. But again, just wash or soak when necessary. I do hand washes/soaks often to get the sweat and crap off that I am sure eats away at the jeans.

All that said: I vote for a soak with minor agitation over machine wash.

Sorry to hear that braidkid, I feel your pain.

BiG doesn't do tapering, which is why we have these problems. If you just need a hem done you have plenty of options, but tapering is a risky proposition right now.

the old denim doctors sucks. the hem job they did for me unraveled in a few days.

send your shit to the new denim doctors http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3710009239.

i had my s5000bk tailored there and they did a great job. chain stiched and didnt touch the selvedge. i forgot to tell the not to but they are experienced enough to know not to do so.

Yea, what's funny is they told me they could do either selvedge or non-selvedge side but doing the non-selvedge side would affect the fit.

I should have known they were saying this to take the easy way out. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

I think they'll be ok in the long run.

Guest spazzz
the old denim doctors sucks. the hem job they did for me unraveled in a few days.

send your shit to the new denim doctors http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3710009239.

i had my s5000bk tailored there and they did a great job. chain stiched and didnt touch the selvedge. i forgot to tell the not to but they are experienced enough to know not to do so.

I just got my samurai's back from denim doctor's in HTC. they did an AMAZING job for pretty inexpensive. $24 from the knee down. Selvedge, UNTOUCHED!