Eternal Jeans

minya

Holy Crap!! Awesome post take5!

+1 Think Eternals will be my next pair. Looks like there is still so much indigo left in them even after 1.5 years. Hopefully i will finish up my Oni's this year and get a crack at my FH. Get those puppies worn in before i jump on the eternals.

Yeah, from my experience, they don't stretch a lot. I got my true waist, 30. At first, I could button them up all the way without too much difficulty, but they were very snug. Now, a month and a half in, they have given just enough so that they are comfortable, but I still don't need a belt.

theyll stretch a normal amt. but not enough, im pretty sure, that you have to go sizing down lots, if any.

put it this way, i tried on one size down from my normal size. i could slide them on, sort of, but couldnt button or anything and it definitely wasnt just another little job some stretching wouldve fixed..

im looking to oder some 811's but im not sure what size i should get. i usually wear 30 or 31 (my slimjims are 30 and they fit great). could anyone give me some advice?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2373/1879444634_9e883f13fa.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2398/1879438140_a5138d3b4b.jpg

as dino suggested, buy true to size. I've been through 3 pairs of 811's before figuring out the right size. Take a measuring tape and measure your waist where you wear your jeans. Buy this size. They will still be tight around the waist (even true to size) but will stretch out comfortably within a week or so.

as dino suggested, buy true to size. I've been through 3 pairs of 811's before figuring out the right size. Take a measuring tape and measure your waist where you wear your jeans. Buy this size. They will still be tight around the waist (even true to size) but will stretch out comfortably within a week or so.

good advice. this is also what gordon suggested when i asked him about it.

I sized up on mine, I didn't measure it but I don't think my true size would have stretched much.

+1

I had to sell my first pair of 811s, which were my natural waist. I went up a size, and they fit so much better. But it wasn't the waist that was too tight, it was the thighs.

So imo...if you have skinny legs and like tight jeans, get your natural waist. If you've got bigger thighs, go up a size.

I swear, it seems size is questioned on every page in this thread. Maybe we can put a permanent sticky post at the beginning of each page...

"Buy true to size in 811's"

But that's not right and is confusing. The standard is for pants to be tagged to match the natural waist area (near belly button), not their actual width or where they are worn. So the waist on most pants should measure somewhere 1 to 2 inches larger than tagged depending on how/where the maker wants them to sit. You'd be better of saying "buy tagged size to match your hip measurements". It is less confusing.

i talked to a proxy and i can get one wash sz31. will the one wash make a difference in the size i should choose?

It took me a while to understand your question...

Yes - the difference is - they are already shrunk. You would basically buy one wash and raw in the same size - since you would have to shrink the raw denim / soak / to the tagged waist...which would then fit like the one wash version...

Now I'm even more confused...