Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

Yep, I do. Klue and Co need to post more pic's of their female artist friends. :)

Heh, yeah what I meant was that I couldn't see the page at all. Upgrading the browser did the trick, -great pics Klue and cool looking fades.

About the pocket repair; there are many reasons for buying these jeans. To me cotton thread isn't one of them. Bought needle and thread yesterday since front pocket seam broke.

About the pocket repair; there are many reasons for buying these jeans. To me cotton thread isn't one of them. Bought needle and thread yesterday since front pocket seam broke.

To me the 100% cotton is part of the appeal. I don't want a pair of year old faded worn in denim with clean, intact stitches.

To me the 100% cotton is part of the appeal. I don't want a pair of year old faded worn in denim with clean, intact stitches.

This man speaks wisdom. Only quotting because I can't rep you.

The color of cotton threads fades with the denim, plastic crap, not so much.

I'm all for the fading but wish I didn't have to fix seams. No expert in anyway but I find it doubtful that there isn't a technique or a way to make a thread that fades AND is strong. Just finding it a contradiction using not so strong thread in a product that otherwise is genuine and sturdy if you know what I mean.

Still, loving the jeans. :)

polyester will fade and break too, it just takes more time, but for me the real appeal to the cotton thread is the shrinky crinkly quality and the soft fuzzy texture that the synthetics just dont have

would be great pair of jeans if not for stupid paint on backpocket

paint on waist area looks pretty good though

the paint will all come off eventually, and my indigo will be preserved....

There is definetly an absurd amount of indigo still left on the back left pocket. Quite good contrast as well as way cool picture showing up with the paint!;)

vivo cotton thread. went to check out poopslush's black FC( i forget the cut#, i should be ashamed). same patch, same selvage, but they are NOT overdyed. they are black, and fade to white. no blue anywhere. same hand(feel) same texture( as the non-contest 1108). dope jeans. the stitching is grey. i don't know of anyone else who has these. he's gonna help me get some decent pics of these at the 6 month mark, i'll try to convince him to post pics of his as well. we are both at the same time mark...so you hoes can see how the blue fades as opposed to the black. as you can tell these contest denims don't fade as quickly as the WH denims from a year ago. i like tsujita-san's denim better:o

check ya'll in a few weeks.

P.S. the girl in kawawaka's pic has a splended rack.....

if i was rollin' up in the car and a dude with FCs walked up, i'd let him spark it!

foreal foreal if a dude with any MIJ denim qualifies to spark my dutch...im wit ya kawawaka!

I can't tell if my gut reaction to Klue & Co. camping lifestyle is jealousy or my usual antipathy to hippies. Probably a bit of both.

I didn't weigh in on all the earlier fighting, though the idea of doing the things you were in $300 jeans bothered me - but looking at it now, I'm not sure $35 STFs could take the abuse you're dishing out and the choice makes sense.

Took some pix of my 0105Cs at lunch. Started wearing them 3-3-09 and wore them every day in March. Wore them every other week in April. Started with an initial hot soak and didn't get enough shrinkage. Wore them for a week, then hot washed them without soap. Hot washed them Monday evening with a little Woolite for darks since they were starting to stink. Leg twist in the left leg increased, and the right leg started to twist. Jeans are still very dark, and only the heaviest wear shows up indoors. All the wear shows up nicely in sunlight.

000_0026.jpg

000_0027.jpg

000_0028.jpg

000_0029.jpg

All of the sudden everything seems boring compared to Klue's jeans..

My post wasn't a reaction to your post...

Thanks! I'm pretty pleased to see the change in them after washing, and now that I'm seeing result I'll probably wear them the rest of this month before switching over to lighter weight LVC for June, July and August.