How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, frequent browser, but now, first post.

These are brand-new Ksubi Dee Dees, in Pre-Loved Raw Indigo II wash. Size 32.

From the back:

IMG_5387.jpg

From the front:

IMG_5389.jpg

With shirt yanked up so you can see the fit a little better:

IMG_5383.jpg

Close up of side profile:

IMG_5380.jpg

My view

These jeans are a too long for me. I am wondering whether to chop off a bit from the end or let them stack up at the ankle, as they are doing now. They look okay with the bottom rolled up, but that only works for a casual look.

In terms of fit, they are very comfortable. Not particularly tight anywhere. I have washed them once since and I think there was minimal shrinkage. I know it's preferable to not wash them, but in Hong Kong's summer, not washing is not an option unless you spend all your time in air-conditioning.

My description and measurements

Waist - 33"

Height - 170cm (so almost 5"7)

Top thigh - 22"

I don't have a body shape that is easy to shop for. I am pretty short. I wouldn't say I am fat but definitely chubby. Even in my slimmer days I had relatively large thighs. The bottom was relatively big too :/ As much as I like skinny jeans it's not a look I can pull off unless my body shape changes drastically. My figure is not particularly masculine, so no broad shoulders to offset the chubbiness. Overall, I would say I look quite young for my age!

In terms of jeans, I am not much of a connoissuer. I didn't, before sufu, knew of the brands that are respected here. I am quite fond of denim with a bit of sheen. I don't like particularly complicated designs though I do enjoy jeans with a small detail here and there that makes it individual.

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers,

Bernie

Hey good to know, thanks. I just read these forums all over and there seems to be a general view that washing such jeans destroys the otherwise natural fading process. It's hard to abide by that in Hong Kong, given the high level of heat and humidity ... don't want the sweat to be baked into the jeans!

Those dont really look to be raw/onewash to me. The thigh looks predistressed atleast..

I've been told these are one wash, but there is clearly some "pre-love" applied. But doesn't the same approach apply? That is, to have these fade properly, washing should be avoided? I'm learning...

I agree, you should get a pair of simple, untainted, raw jeans.

I guess if you're going to wear in a pair that's been pre-faded, though, these ones aren't all that bad, since most of the fading is on the thighs and butt, where it will soon enough get covered up by "real" fading. At least they didn't pre-distress some weird part that would remain obvious no matter how long you wore them.

Greetings SuFu,

This is my very first post, so be gentle. Here is my very first pair of raw denim of APC New Standards. My waist is 35 and sized down to a 32. The jeans were hemmed. I was just wondering if they were hemmed too short. This is my third day of wear. Thanks!

5123_207214635004_532295004_7455882_734669_n.jpg

5123_207214180004_532295004_7455876_7551216_n.jpg