How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

They might look better after a few days but keep in mind that they will shrink back some if you wash

defenitly get some sizing advice for the future as fitting will vary as the rise varies as well. bigger waist and perhaps a looser jean will fit better.

Naked and Famous Weird Guys. Sized Down 2 because I thought a 29 which measures 31 around the waist would fit my 31 true waist. They're definitely tight, but I think once they're completely broken in they'll look great.

The fit isn't bad, but the Weird Guy cut isn't the most flattering on guys with bigger thighs. They have a bit of a "carrot" cut to them, so they make large thighs look bigger, especially if sized down two. If that's the look you're going for, then keep on rocking.

I posted my Weird Guys a while back, but I'll repost it here:

I couldn't stand the looseness and hip flare in the top block so I hot soaked these to just above the knees (so I wouldn't have to reset my honeycombs). Somewhere I got the impression that these were sanforized, but since the denim felt loose I knew I could get some shrinkage.

Pre-soak measurements

Waist: 34"

Thigh (at crotch): 12"

Thigh (1" below crotch): 11.5"

Pre-soak fit:

IMG_1988.JPGIMG_1991.JPG

Post Soak measurements

Waist: 33"

Thigh (at crotch): 11.8"

Thigh (1" below crotch): 11.3"

Post-soak fit:

IMG_0002.jpgIMG_0004.jpg

Much happier with the fit now, although there is still some hip flare... There was some indigo loss from the soak and the sheen on the denim is gone. It'll be interesting to see if the top block fades faster than the legs now.

I also slimmed down since I first started wearing these so that helped out a bit too. FYI, I'm 5'9", 160lbs, true waist 32", wearing a tagged 31.

dubbleworks 660

3532819168_2978f5e12c.jpg

Pre Soak

these are a tagged 31, my true waist size is about a 34

I used flash here.

3532000393_7681777af2.jpg

Post Soak

3532001363_4732615ccc.jpg

considering getting them hemmed, but I like the fit

great fit on those s0500

theyre not post soaked or anything?

haha, you shouldve asked for a mouse pad instead

btw, what shoes?

haha yea would've preferred a mouse pad to the that lame fan....but whatever.

Yes, post-soak but I think they were one wash anyway.

Shoes are $20 bass joints. Thanks for the reps on the fit...I do love these jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

x-posted in the samurai and what are you wearing today threads. s5000bks at 6 months. Loving 'em! I'm tall so they look a bit tighter than they are. The cut is perfect , sits right on my hips. I end up washing them every couple weeks, really not keeping track of how many washes. The USAs were good but a little snug: these are just right.

mugz01.jpg

just got these sorahiko slims in the mail today. true waist 30 tag 30

i was hoping that they were going to be slimmer in the ankle but they dont seem to be even though the hem is an inch smaller (9 in to 8.3 in)

sorahikoslimfit.jpg

waist 16

front 10

back 13

thigh 11

knee 9

hem 8.3

inseam 34

Decided I'd contribute some of my jeans for you guys. I don't have a ton, but hopefully this helps some people out.

I'm about 5' 9" or so and weigh 140.

First up, my oldest pair of jeans, APC New Standards Sz. 26. These were purchased in 07 me thinks. A bunch of washes..etc. etc.

front:

apcfrontworn.png

back:

apcbackworn.png

(no, I have no idea what those stains are on the back of my leg, and no, I don't want to think about them.)

Next up, PBJ xx-005 sz. 28. Bought October 7th, 2008

front:

pbjfrontworn.png

back:

pbjbackworn.png

the repair job kinda fucked up the fit in the seat - but atleast now there aren't huge ass holes:

pbjrepaircloseupsmall.png

The samurai denim I used is rigid as all hell, and makes it like there's a denim diaper in my jawns. Problematic.

moving on...

Dior 19cm MIJ sz. 27. Yes they're tight as a 12 year old. I know. Worn for probably 6 months, then kinda gave up.

Front:

mijfrontworn.png

Back:

mijbackworn.png

Brand new Samurai S0610LX size 28. New kinda fit for me, much fuller. I like.

front:

samuraifrontworn.png

back:

samuraibackworn.png

Last but not least (actually, these are least)

Uniqlo T-000 greys sz. 30 (my fat jeans - aka my jeans I wear when all my others are crotch-busted)

front:

t000frontworn.png

cont.