How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

Here are two recent purchases- a 29x34 bootcut Ola, and 28 PBJ-xx004. Both need to be hemmed for sure. Also thinking about tapering the 004's in to just a slight bootcut- the flare is pretty dramatic. The nudies are brand new, the PBJ's long warm soak and warn about 1 week.

For reference, I'm 5'8", 140 lbs, and true size at my waist is ~28.5"

web.jpg

OLA

web.jpg

PBJ-xx004. Def need hemming, maybe slight tapering also?? Sorry for the indecent exposure....

Stitching is coming a bit loose, but Gordon at BiG offered to fix 'em up and do the chaistiching hem.

web.jpg

Normally not pulled up quite so high- still messing with the placement until the hem is done.

Edit: other back pic

web.jpg

BTW, the PBJ's stretch a lot with some stress/squats/a short bike ride.

Any thoughts on fit, hemming ect? Feel free to throw darts....

yeah, stop wearing bootcut jeans. its not flattering on your body...makes you look rather feminine. especially with the combination of those guido shoes in the second pic, def aint a good look. i'd say grab yourself a pair of straight legs.

Yeah the flare on the PBJ's is off the hook- should be able to taper some with the hem.

Lol, I like my shoes, but to each his own....

the jacket's a kenneth cole form the first year KC had a "signature line". I've had it for a few years and has held up really well- it's like 3/4 leather with this tough nylon throughout and has a snug fit.

The PBJ's keep stretching so the infamous crotch bulge might subside some. Also going by BIG and going to have them tapered to a straight cut from the upper chin.

I like the fit of the Ola's but the denim is not nearly as interesting as PBJ.

thanks for the feedback

I think you'd be better off with the pbj005 straight leg. The PBJs especially makes you look really feminine. Mainly because of the large bootcut with really tight thighs. Fitwise is like a majority of women i've seen. I'd suggest tapering them off to a straightleg if you can't just get the 005s (005s aren't skinny or anything perfectly straight leg).

I think you'd be better off with the pbj005 straight leg. The PBJs especially makes you look really feminine. Mainly because of the large bootcut with really tight thighs. Fitwise is like a majority of women i've seen. I'd suggest tapering them off to a straightleg if you can't just get the 005s (005s aren't skinny or anything perfectly straight leg).

yeah, that's what I was thinking. We'll see what big can do to straighten these.

Also was looking at PBJ xx-008 and Somet 008 (numbers just a coincidence)

yeah, stop wearing bootcut jeans. its not flattering on your body...makes you look rather feminine. especially with the combination of those guido shoes in the second pic, def aint a good look. i'd say grab yourself a pair of straight legs.

toally. and those stances arent helping either. i'd say slim staight

i can see too much ass sag from the front
looks like you're getting ready to take a shit
they just look wierd. try standing up straight and pulling them up a little bit in the back, then try again.
the taper looks too dramatic.

Which jeans are you guys talking about ?

come on, that is pretty funny. Good fit though bassounds

Yeah, it's off the hook funny. Glad u guys can have that for a good laugh.. Restores my faith in SUFU- have to say I was worried for a minute there....

and agree, the tight bootcut thing may be best left for the ladies....

Somet's are arriving from BiG via DHL in an hour or two....yippeee

How much did you get the leg opening tapered to bassounds? And did the selvage edge get altered at all?

I've been looking for a pair of high quality skinny jeans, not really feeling the somets, might try something similar on a pair of PBJs like you did when I'm out in NY...

How much did you get the leg opening tapered to bassounds? And did the selvage edge get altered at all?

I've been looking for a pair of high quality skinny jeans, not really feeling the somets, might try something similar on a pair of PBJs like you did when I'm out in NY...

Selvage edge will stay just dandy. Discussed, albeit confusingly, in the PBJ XX-004 thread I believe. Tapered to about 7.5", which is around about where the XX-005 would be.

You're getting Somets after having worn your PBJs for a week?

....giving BiG a solid few weeks to do the PBJ's through and through, as there were some tears in the stitching that Gorden kindly offered to fix. I like having two pairs. I'm in no rush to get the super fade as soon as possible. I'm 26, I'm not growing (as long as watch the beer and keep cycling 200 miles a week anyway). Fun to see how the two develop given similar wear. Denim polygamy? Within moral boundaries I think.

Somet's and PBJ, denim wise, are two completely different animals.