How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

just got my Somet's (last new pair I promise...)

Really comfortable even on day 1. Never really stacked before but these just want to be stacked.

web.jpg

For reference, the PBJ (back a few posts) and these are both 28's.

Cheers

these fit amazing, nice job, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Somets look much much better. Somets are famous for their incredibly smooth denim which is why it looks like its coated. i'm wondering though...most people with Somet's size down like 2...and usually go true to size with PBJ's. if those are slims, you def could've sized down one. but nice fit regardless

cros posted from the Dry Bones thread

I haven't seen any fit pictures of the DP-570s yet so I figured I may as well join and post a fit picture

Size 32

Hot soaked

About 3 weeks of wear so the denim has loosened up a bit

Frontdp570.jpg

For comparative purposes: I am about 6'1 and 175 lbs. I am not a skinny dude at all. The denim is darker than this picture would suggest.

Some notes on the fit and the jeans more generally:

- The thighs are wide. I am a former soccer player and football placer kicker/punter with big thighs and I have plenty of room to move in these things. Definately a great cut if you want a slim leg opening and don't have skinny legs, but if you are skinny then these things might look strange on you..

- The denim is nice. It's smoother than a lot of other 14 oz. japanese denims.

- The details on these are great. The lined back pockets are pretty much the best thing ever.

- Shrinking after a hot soak was minimal (less that a 1/4 on the inseem, nothing noticable on the waist and the thighs tighten up less than .2 inches across)

- Annoying hip flare, as you can see. Maybe it will go away, if it doesn't I am still happy with the fit.

(also: after seeing this picture I think it's time to vacuum under my couch. Disgusting)

First ever SuFu pic post...

SC1947 purchased as unwashed, then hotsoaked prior to wearing. They have seen 2 more hot soaks since I got them in the beginning of December. Since I work in a damed cube farm, they only get worn nights and Fri-Sat-Sun. They're size 36 and I am somewhere between 35 and 36 true waist.

I just got some new Vans (chukka boots baby). Cuffed or uncuffed?

DSCF2068.jpg

DSCF2069.jpg

DSCF2070.jpg

DSCF2071.jpg

SC1947 purchased as unwashed, then hotsoaked prior to wearing. They have seen 2 more hot soaks since I got them in the beginning of December. Since I work in a damed cube farm, they only get worn nights and Fri-Sat-Sun. They're size 36 and I am somewhere between 35 and 36 true waist.

i personally would cuff them inside, give them a cleaner look but still retain the weight.

[iG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/hooligan_22/SuFu/DSCF2068.jpg[/img]

[MG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/hooligan_22/SuFu/DSCF2069.jpg[/iG]

[iG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/hooligan_22/SuFu/DSCF2070.jpg[/img]

[iG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/hooligan_22/SuFu/DSCF2071.jpg[/img]

Go uncuffed and get them hemmed, those jeans (and anything with an opening >8.5") look terrible stacked.

Your samurai looks really awesome! But I was wondering 710s will suit me or not, coz I've a slim stature, I can't pull on heavy stuff on to my legs; I actually need a black pair for an upcoming over the hill b'rday party of my best buddy. Please suggest anything from new samurai line.

I haven't seen any fit pictures of the DP-570s yet so I figured I may as well join and post a fit picture

Size 32

Hot soaked

Frontdp570.jpg

(also: after seeing this picture I think it's time to vacuum under my couch. Disgusting)

Bit of a carrot top fit, but still looks good. Definately pull the hoover out, looks like its been snowing under your couch

Size 32

Hot soaked

For comparative purposes: I am about 6'1 and 175 lbs. I am not a skinny dude at all. The denim is darker than this picture would suggest.

Some notes on the fit and the jeans more generally:

- The thighs are wide. I am a former soccer player and football placer kicker/punter with big thighs and I have plenty of room to move in these things. Definately a great cut if you want a slim leg opening and don't have skinny legs, but if you are skinny then these things might look strange on you..

- The denim is nice. It's smoother than a lot of other 14 oz. japanese denims.

- The details on these are great. The lined back pockets are pretty much the best thing ever.

- Shrinking after a hot soak was minimal (less that a 1/4 on the inseem, nothing noticable on the waist and the thighs tighten up less than .2 inches across)

- Annoying hip flare, as you can see. Maybe it will go away, if it doesn't I am still happy with the fit.

Do Dry Bones stretch much? The crotch looks rather tight. Otherwise, good fit.

Do Dry Bones stretch much? The crotch looks rather tight. Otherwise, good fit.

I have no idea about stretching yet, I'll let you know in a few months. Once I get some stretching in the waist I'll let them sag more, they were sitting abit too high on my waist when I took this picture.

Ok, first post.

Here are my SDA D-1002 size 34...

Pre soak:

Waist: 36

Front Rise: 10.75

Back Rise: 14.75

Thigh: 13

Knee: 9.25

Leg Opening: 9.5

Inseam: 37

Post soak:

Two hours in hot water

Waist: 34.25 (wish it had shrunk more)

Front Rise: 10

Back Rise: 14

Thigh: 12

Knee: 8.75

Leg Opening: 9

Inseam: 35.75

SDAD-1002d.jpg

SDAD-1002e.jpg

SDAD-1002b.jpg

A 33 may have fit better in the waist, but would have been too tight everywhere else...

Thanks guys. I've been wearing them off and on for a couple weeks now and they've settled in to a very good fit. Spot on except for a little room in the waist. I'm 6' 2" tall and they do look a little short in the photos, but in reality they have some minor stacking going on. I love these jeans...