How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

cjbreed i like those xx-005s, but is the stitching on the inside really as light is it appears to be in that first pic?

No, but the xx005s use a very even coarse yellow stich along the inseam instead of the dark orange thread used everywhere else. You can instantly tell what jeans you're looking at from that detail.

No, but the xx005s use a very even coarse yellow stich along the inseam instead of the dark orange thread used everywhere else. You can instantly tell what jeans you're looking at from that detail.

Planet Mental - Napolean is exactly right. It is a unique coarse yellow stitch and actually a very cool little detail. And I fixed the photos from my original posting to represent a more natural lighting now. No adjustments...

flathead 3007 - size 34

PRE-SOAK MEASUREMENTS:

size 34

waist - 17

inseam - 36

front rise - 11

back rise - 14

hem - 10.5

thigh - 10.6

knee - 9

POST SOAK

Waist - 16.3

inseam - 33

Front Rise - 10.5

back rise - 13.5

Leg opening - 10

Thigh - 10.1

knee - 8.2

for reference im 6`4 - 185 lbs

As someone who's 6'7" I've learned to get over the idea that jeans need to stack. If they fit you how you want them to, who cares. The stacking trend will go out sooner or later. so don't tailor your fit based on it.

As someone who's 6'7" I've learned to get over the idea that jeans need to stack. If they fit you how you want them to, who cares. The stacking trend will go out sooner or later. so don't tailor your fit based on it.

tomatous - Well I'm 6'2" (nowhere near 6'7") so I have some experience with jeans on the short side, and in my opinion bootcut jeans look especially awkward if they aren't long enough. You don't need to go for "stacking" per se (which doesn't really work with a bootcut anyway) but I do suggest that you get those jeans wet again and stretch them out a bit. My PBJ's shrunk to a 34" and I stretched them back out to 36.5" and could have easily gotten to 37". They look perfect now. I just need to remember to do that every time I wash / soak them. Anyway, just my opinion...

I feel that a bootcut without any stacking just looks like a pair of womens flares. Its not a matter of stacking being a trend or not. I would probably just avoid the bootcut altogether if I were at that height.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. They are bootcut so stacking imo is not nearly important as it is with straight leg / skinny jeans. Which is the main reason I actually went with the 3007 over the F380 or 3001 for a pair of flatheads.

With boots on the jeans just about kiss the floor on the back of my boot. I do slouch them a little also. If I wet stretched them back out to the original 36 inseam, the hems would get torn to peices.

I also want to state that they stretched out to their original 34 waist. I originally had a pair of 33's that I returned to self edge because pre-soak they measured 32..

Here are some post soak, post stretch pics of my S5000VX. I can post pre-soak and immediately after post soak pics if anyone is interested. Started out as a 35" waist presoaked and ended up stretched to over 36" even after the soak. This has caused the ass to sag a bit. Still a comfortable fit.

On edit: I am 6'3" 200lbs

S5000VX-front.jpg

S5000VX-side.jpg

S5000VX-back.jpg

My apologies if the pics are too big. Let me know and I can resize if necessary.

Here are some post soak, post stretch pics of my S5000VX. I can post pre-soak and immediately after post soak pics if anyone is interested. Started out as a 35" waist presoaked and ended up stretched to over 36" even after the soak. This has caused the ass to sag a bit. Still a comfortable fit.

On edit: I am 6'3" 200lbs

My apologies if the pics are too big. Let me know and I can resize if necessary.

Im almost the same size as you and was thinking about a pair in size 36 but now youve got me thinking 34. Did you soak in hot water? Whats the thigh measurement? Thanks

Nino, I soaked in hot water for several hours. This was a Lot 10 by the way.

Before

Waist: 34"

Waist (Aligned): 35"

Inseam: 37.25"

Hips: 23"

Thigh: 13"

Leg Opening: 9.5"

Rise: 11.5"

After

Inseam: 35.25"

Hips: 21.5"

Thigh: 12"

Leg Opening: 9"

Rise: 10.5"

I kept a peice of wood in the waist to keep it from shrinking too much.

Nino, I soaked in hot water for several hours. This was a Lot 10 by the way.

Before

Inseam: 37.25"

Hips: 23"

Thigh: 13"

Leg Opening: 9.5"

Rise: 11.5"

After

Inseam: 35.25"

Hips: 21.5"

Thigh: 12"

Leg Opening: 9"

Rise: 10.5"

I kept a peice of wood in the waist to keep it from shrinking too much.

Thanks for the measurements, that helps alot. I might have to try your piece of wood in the waist technique.

My brand new sugar canes okinawas that came in today. Crossposted from the Sugar cane thread.

Sugar Cane Okinanwas SC40301A size 28

Actual waist size:28-29

Weight: 127-129lbs

Height: 5'4

Right now it hurts in the waist to wear these. It too me a while to button the top button, but it was still manageable.

here are some fit pictures

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

Joker that fit is on point and sign me up for the tall guy club I am 6'4 and all legs. Sometimes when I am sitting down with my dukes cuffed the hem is at my ankle so it is definitely hard for me to find jeans.