How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

hmmm...for some reason, I feel like these just aren't stacking right? These jeans aren't as "form fitting" as I'm used to, and coupled with the straight leg and no taper I feel like they make my legs chunkier...is this all in my head or should I head to the tailor? :confused:

front.jpg

back.jpg

The rear view accentuates this "ballooning effect" below the knee thats in question...

hmmm...for some reason, I feel like these just aren't stacking right? These jeans aren't as "form fitting" as I'm used to, and coupled with the straight leg and no taper I feel like they make my legs chunkier...is this all in my head or should I head to the tailor? :confused:

The rear view accentuates this "ballooning effect" below the knee thats in question...

na, i feel the same as you. im used to tapered jeans.

Are you set on stacking? If so, get them tapered, because I don't think you'll get good stacking with such a wide leg below the knee. Then again they might look nice if you just get them hemmed with a break at the bottom and not a ton of stacking.

back.jpg

These need to be hemmed imo.

We really can't tell you if you don't wear shoes. The bottoms of pants look totally different shod and barefoot.

Thanks for the replies guys...for some reason taking pics with shoes on didn't occur to me :confused:....but it really did make a huge difference. I'm thinking I'll just keep this as is and buy the SExFH when that comes out as it reportedly has more taper...

benz, I'm 5'8 1/2'' and about 140lbs...these are size 31 Flatheads, true to waist although I usually size down to 29's in other jeans for a tighter fit.

front2.jpg

back2.jpg

Hmm I can't decide what size to get. Because I'm 6'1" 170 pounds, athletic and I wear a 31 in Dior and was going to get a 31 in Flatheads. But seeing how well those fit you I don't know if I should get a 32.

Hmmm well the the tried and true method for these jeans seems to be buying your true waist size...but I think the best thing to do is consult kiya on sizing, as I'm not sure how the length issue will work out...

Also here's a pretty helpful sizing chart: http://www.flat-head.co.uk/sizing.htm

It has the post soak measurements if you scroll down to "3001C Hard-washed" although to be honest, my inseam ended up at 33 3/4inches after two hot soaks which is almost two inches shorter than listed on that site...

Hmm I can't decide what size to get. Because I'm 6'1" 170 pounds, athletic and I wear a 31 in Dior and was going to get a 31 in Flatheads. But seeing how well those fit you I don't know if I should get a 32.

Buy true to size, they shrink a lot. ~3 inches at the inseam and the waist shrinks but stretches back out to tagged size. I'm 5'11 and 155 pounds, i wear true to size 31. I think you should probably size up if you don't want that really slim look.

Buy true to size, they shrink a lot. ~3 inches at the inseam and the waist shrinks but stretches back out to tagged size. I'm 5'11 and 155 pounds, i wear true to size 31. I think you should probably size up if you don't want that really slim look.

I want a fitted look, but not really slim. Like I want it to be fitted in my waist and ass area. So you think I should maybe go for the 380's instead?

Well it's up to you, it sounds like the f310 cut would be too slim for you unless you sized up one or something. You should probably check out the f380's then and get true to size for a fitted look. I've only seen one pair but they looked nice. Just take your measurements and try to compare them to the measurements on the SE website to see which fit would fit you better.

Well it's up to you, it sounds like the f310 cut would be too slim for you unless you sized up one or something. You should probably check out the f380's then and get true to size for a fitted look. I've only seen one pair but they looked nice. Just take your measurements and try to compare them to the measurements on the SE website to see which fit would fit you better.

Well 310's aren't as slim as Dior 19's right? My Diors fit me really well but I wan't something a little less slim.

And don't the Flatheads shrink down to the tagged size? For instance a tagged 31 measures out to a 32 but shrinks to a 31?

F310s are not as slim as dior 19cms. I think that the F310s will be fine for you then, i thought you didn't want a slim cut. And yes, Flatheads shrink back to tagged size. The inseam can shrink up to 3 inches. I just got confused haha. The F310's are the ones you want, no the the 380s.

F310s are not as slim as dior 19cms. I think that the F310s will be fine for you then, i thought you didn't want a slim cut. And yes, Flatheads shrink back to tagged size. The inseam can shrink up to 3 inches. I just got confused haha. The F310's are the ones you want, no the the 380s.

haha alright man. If you look on selfedge's site tho in the lookbook that first dude is wearing the 380's and they look pretty slim.

its weird, these are my heaviest jeans but i only wear them in warmer weather because i think they look best paired with slim white ts. If I have to put on some layers, I don't wear em.

oh samurai 5000vx i apologize for not wearing you more often. You're just too much for the cropped jackets and the silly scarves. Don't worry, when it gets warm again, you will be all i wear. eventually, you will get the amazing fades you so deserve, slowly, but surely. The Skulls,

skulls-1.jpg

they're just a fling --- and the KMWs,

kmws.jpg

I just can't abandon my first friend even though he's gained weight. Just know, that you... you make me feel like a real man.

samuraifront.jpgsamuraiside.jpgsamuraiback-1.jpg

oh samurai 5000vx i apologize for not wearing you more often. You're just too much for the cropped jackets and the silly scarves. Don't worry, when it gets warm again, you will be all i wear. eventually, you will get the amazing fades you so deserve, slowly, but surely. The Skulls,

they're just a fling --- and the KMWs,

I just can't abandon my first friend even though he's gained weight. Just know, that you... you make me feel like a real man.

dude, you do realize you are talking to your jeans.