Clothing for The Great Outdoors

It's not enough of an issue where I would return or resell the item. But I was expecting the garment to be made in the USA due to the pictures of the tag posted on the website I purchased it from, the word 'Fabric' was nicely covered up.

13d-2.jpg

Does it say anywhere on the garment or the tags the name of the specific mill or brand/manufacturer of the 60/40 fabric?

Anybody have some good recommendations for some shorts...? I'll be doing a lot of hiking/camping this summer. I'm not opposed to some good looking convertable pants either.

Everything in the "shorts" thread seems to appeal more to the summertime goth-ninja...

Thanks.

Today I spotted 2 crescent down works 60/40 parkas in large and tan color for only $60 marked down from 300 at the Steven Alan sample sale. Quality is incredible, get on it.

just fyi, scour ebay for class 5 60/40 parkas. You can score them for >$100 if nobody's looking, at least as of three months ago. shit might be played out, but yahoo.jp is your friend then

Anybody have some good recommendations for some shorts...? I'll be doing a lot of hiking/camping this summer. I'm not opposed to some good looking convertable pants either.

Everything in the "shorts" thread seems to appeal more to the summertime goth-ninja...

Thanks.

yo these white mountaineering shorts are possibly up your alley... i see what you mean by the 'shorts thread'... most of those dudes just want skimpy, skinny, seersucker, or supershort joints that make them look more feminine than they already are.

20675842.jpg

any way, here are the black ones

and the grey ones

alternatively, you can go the more practical and cheaper route and go for some woolrich, patagonia, etc. there some woolrich ones that are good nylon, breathable, waterproof, meshlined, cargo pockets, and quick-drying (important IMO). usually cheap and less than $50, and not hard to find at the typical outdoor shops.

I think you are serious about the hiking, go for the outdoor gear shops like REI, TNF whatever because you'll probably fuck up fashunz jawn on some rocks or something. sierratradingpost.com always has some deeply discounted shit. you might be channeling some "old dad" stee though, but whatever. (sup superbobo)

Most hikers will recommend legitimate tech gear for srs outdoor activity, but for similar styling to the WM shorts above, Mark McNairy and DQM did a pair of climbing style shorts. Slightly elastic waist, nylon clip belt, cargo pocket and crotch panel for scrambling across rocks. They gots khaki too.

img5388800.jpg

Seen a few pairs of climbing-style pants like this from assorted JP brands in recent Free & Easys.

decided to go for a mariposa pack with all the options and am very pleased with it. though it may be a bit large for what yous needs.

got a football, a pair of boots, some headphones and shorts and the necesarry hydration for an afternoon outing, a bottle of wine and a jug of beer.

IMG_5312.jpg

IMG_5316.jpg

I want a cool paclite, I'm tired of being dry only for a while. Something fancier than a North Face but not $800 Acronym or Nonnative would be nice. If not I'll just get a Circadian or something.

Check out the Arcteryx Beta SL. For $250. Crazy light. Breathes really well, but warm enough to wear in the 30s and 40s with some layers. I haven't gotten a chance to really test the waterproof in a downpour for more than a few minutes, but it's kept me dry.

10042716x1013634_zm?$product325$

im bidding on that bag on ebay. does any one know if there are back[acking bags in a similar style? big enough for a 3-5 day backpacking trip?

Rivendel Jensen? Though it's relative, I've travelled three months with a pack as big as that Mariposa... :)

I got that Gregory black backpack today from Goodhood. It's pretty nice. 19.7L so the size is decent. I wish the pockets on the inside were a little bigger.

I haven't had a new bag in so long since my past couple have been vintage-ish, I'm not used to the straps being so stiff.

Hi there!

I really like the looks on this one,but i was wondering,like you said,its around

19.7L. How does it hold up to your everyday essentials? I thought of getting

one too,but i'm torn between the other Gregory daypack which is in 22L. The

only other gripe which i also have for the Kletter pack is there's not enough pockets. :(

• 2 weeks later...
decided to go for a mariposa pack with all the options and am very pleased with it. though it may be a bit large for what yous needs.

got a football, a pair of boots, some headphones and shorts and the necesarry hydration for an afternoon outing, a bottle of wine and a jug of beer.

IMG_5312.jpg

IMG_5316.jpg

The pack looks pretty sweet. :) Anyways, is the material made of

pack cloth or cordura?