45rpm

absolut

I guess I never posted pics to this thread... so here are some for ya edmond...

I've been wearing them for about a month now, there is no noticeable fade (I can see some if I look hard enough under bright sunlight), so if you're looking for something that fade quickly these are not for you...

373727821_7ab4e44300_d.jpg

373728081_67c71c4165_d.jpg

373727376_150b52e41a_d.jpg

373727073_82de8a5c8a_d.jpg

373726688_91cae4fc98_d.jpg

373726379_2e4c27fcd2_d.jpg

373725932_3ff2146f4c_d.jpg

/\___/\

//    ヽ::: \

| (●), 、(●)、 |

| ,,ノ(、_, )ヽ、,, |    

|   ,;‐=‐ヽ :::::|    

\  `ニニ´.:::/

/`ー‐--‐‐—´´\

.n:n    nn

nf|||   | | |^!n

they're not half price - about $100 to $150 less depending on exchange rate

but you'll have to find them as only a few shops carry them and last i checked there weren't too many of either left (although they said they may make more in the next year)

--- Original message by asfberg on Apr 7, 2006 11:24 PM

as far as i know, the Jomon retail for 800$ in the states, in Japan, if my memory is correct, they retail around 50 000 yen, around 420$, they are really hard to find though i heard.

--- Original message by Kasper on Apr 8, 2006 01:25 AM

maybe my figures are old

last i looked they were $750 in the us and about 59,000Â¥ there

the exchange rate is better now so maybe it's $200 or more difference

i was told what john11f said - they're not sure when or if they'll make them again and most stores there don't have them

they also don't sell them on the online store (japanese)

so if you really want them you'll probably have to get them from the soho store who seem to have a decent stock, or at least one pair in most sizes

there we have it

I've been wearing them for about a month now, there is no noticeable fade (I can see some if I look hard enough under bright sunlight), so if you're looking for something that fade quickly these are not for you...

second that... my aihikos have five months or so in them, and barely a trace of fading can be seen, and only in the right light... I'm very happy with them remaining dark, while my other specimens fade.

if you plan to get decent wear on natural dyed jeans make sure you only got one pair as a project. they are very stubborn.

from what the ginza salesguy told me, the umii's are more coveted and are also only made twice a year in limited quantities. don't really know the diffference though....anyone?

I guess I never posted pics to this thread... so here are some for ya edmond...

373727821_7ab4e44300_d.jpg

373728081_67c71c4165_d.jpg

373727376_150b52e41a_d.jpg

373727073_82de8a5c8a_d.jpg

373726688_91cae4fc98_d.jpg

373726379_2e4c27fcd2_d.jpg

373725932_3ff2146f4c_d.jpg

oh jesus ayn... yeah yeah ill get a pair hehehe size up or down? 2 or 1 ?

ok guys i need help getting a pair of these... any of you have a rekuten site that sells these ? (jomons)

There is no rakuten site, and the 45rpm site doesn't even sell them. You'll need to get one of the proxy folks to do an in store pick up.

Umii uses the Suvin cotton, has a bleached weft, no hidden rivets on rear, different fit, lee styled pockets placed far towards outseam, early production models which can still be found have patchwork pocket bags, hidden coin pocket, lower price by $15 and it only comes in even sizes. Same aizome indigo as Jomon and Aihiko and I don't know if it's because of the different cotton but it loses that red (purple) cast that shares with the Jomon and Aihiko quicker and fades down to a very even but very nice bright blue. My favorite jean and yes much coveted. Will try to post pictures tomorrow.

if you plan to get decent wear on natural dyed jeans make sure you only got one pair as a project. they are very stubborn.

from what the ginza salesguy told me, the umii's are more coveted and are also only made twice a year in limited quantities. don't really know the diffference though....anyone?

err what do you guys think about this? is this compareble to jomons? the only difference they have between the jomons is the cut and the ai right?

http://rby45rpm.com/shopping/show_product.php?product_ID=2/Sorahiko+45+Slim+-+Raw

I'ts not just ai-indigo.

The Jomon yarns are hank-dyed, so the indigo is right through. Very stubborn, and unlikely to get a high contrast fade at all.

edit:come on edmond... the ai is glorious... do it...

I was at the Paris store last week (amazing paople by the way), they have a pair of Jomon that had been worn for over 2 years. No contrast at all (they were washed very frequently too). On the other hand, they also showed me some of the "3 years" pre-distressed models they make with the Jomon denim and they looked amazing. The most beautiful jeans I had ever seen...

So yeah, now that I have handled them, I know that one day I will have to buy them. I don't know how to explain it, it just seems obvious. They were telling me that people love the Jomons so much after they first buy them that they usually never buy a different model after. And sometimes buy 2 or 3 pairs of Jomons at the same time.