45rpm

absolut

natural indigo is typically harder to get fades as they are dyed much closer to the core of the thread compared to most synthetic indigo dyes. i read somewhere(somet website?) that natural dyes tend to loose a lot of their color when they are washed with water above 37Celsius. some prefer warmer dip for naturals for more contrast.

that's an interesting note. is it a property inherent to natural indigo, this heat-related colour loss?

new lighter weight spring denim went on sale yesterday.

women's comes in carpenter and regular fit.

men's in regular fit only.

i'll see if i can sneak some pics.

>tweedles

it was mentioning in ragrds to natural indigo. though at that temperature, which is more or less average human body temperature, i would guess synthetic dyes would come off a lot as well.

>coldrice

i think that was the price for one wash. you could probably imagine what they looked like(you've seen the nandos right?), its going to be a long time to get fades into those babies. i could make a call and confirm the price.

>tweedles

it was mentioning in ragrds to natural indigo. though at that temperature, which is more or less average human body temperature, i would guess synthetic dyes would come off a lot as well.

>coldrice

i think that was the price for one wash. you could probably imagine what they looked like(you've seen the nandos right?), its going to be a long time to get fades into those babies. i could make a call and confirm the price.

got a link-me-up? :)

the somet website, you said...?

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Flinto.jp%2F%3Fpid%3D1779030&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=ja&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

wasnt a somet website, but it mentions around the middle of the page "As for this indigo, the color falling becomes extreme at 35 degrees". somet indigos are all natural

got a link-me-up? :)

the somet website, you said...?

I've been studying some indigo properties and vat dyeing chemistry and i have no clue as to why you would experience excessive fading with warmer water. Indigo particles get lodged in between the monomers of a cellulose chain. It dosen't seem logical that 35 degree water would fade the indgio out that much more than say 20 degree. It takes a lot more extreme temperature and pressure to degrade cellulose. I though it was agreed that it is more the abrasion of going through a washing machine cycle than the actual water that strips the indigo. Maybe the warmer water acts negatively on the other organic elments of ai dyed pieces. Those japanaese fermentation dye pots have a litle bit of every thing in them and i think it is all that other organic material that lends that greenish cast to the natural dyed pieces. Those pots are kept at a stable 75~80 degrees F so anything warmer than that may cause degredation there. Sorry for ranting so much i've been thinking about htis stuff all day. Check the natural vs. synthetic indigo thread.....

I've been studying some indigo properties and vat dyeing chemistry and i have no clue as to why you would experience excessive fading with warmer water. Indigo particles get lodged in between the monomers of a cellulose chain. It dosen't seem logical that 35 degree water would fade the indgio out that much more than say 20 degree. It takes a lot more extreme temperature and pressure to degrade cellulose. I though it was agreed that it is more the abrasion of going through a washing machine cycle than the actual water that strips the indigo. Maybe the warmer water acts negatively on the other organic elments of ai dyed pieces. Those japanaese fermentation dye pots have a litle bit of every thing in them and i think it is all that other organic material that lends that greenish cast to the natural dyed pieces. Those pots are kept at a stable 75~80 degrees F so anything warmer than that may cause degredation there. Sorry for ranting so much i've been thinking about htis stuff all day. Check the natural vs. synthetic indigo thread.....

increase heat you increase the rate of reaction! general chemistry! increase molecular collisions and increase the energy of activation! cellulose isn't really getting degraded is it? it's just coming off. physically. you probably know more..but add heat to anything and it's always more it seems....unless you do enzymes.

increase heat you increase the rate of reaction! general chemistry! increase molecular collisions and increase the energy of activation! cellulose isn't really getting degraded is it? it's just coming off. physically. you probably know more..but add heat to anything and it's always more it seems....unless you do enzymes.

What i'm getting at is that indigo by itself does not react with water no matter what the temp is.... SO and 30 degrees C should not be a "fading threshold"

I've heard rumors that 45rpm does made to measure jeans. Does anyone know anything about this or how much$.... I'm planning a trip to NY soon and 45 and BiG are on my list. I'm thinking maybe a pair of bespoke 45's..... any advice would be great.

I think 45rpm bespoke aren't really bespoke in terms of cut, but more of a MTM wash. You put them on, they figure out where wear should occur, they distress them accordingly, and you have a convincing pair of predistressed denim.

exactly. offered are a 2, 5, and 7 year wash. measurements are taken of wear your knee touches the ground and then distressed from there and yes the hardware can also be changed to sterling silver. the fit of the jeans is not altered in any way. just so you know this process can take at least a month because they are sent to japan so Spotted HorseCraft can do the distressing.

It's amazing that they do all that but i can't don't think i'll ever buy pre distressed jeans again..... how much is the hardware upgrade on a raw/ one rinse pair?

^^^ SWEET. does it matter that i didn't buy them in the store? I don't want to go and embarrass my self either. HOw long does it take to do the job?

I think it doesn't matter. But I never asked them. I actually bought my sorahikos somewhere else too, but they hemmed them for free. I went to the one uptown. Sometimes the downtown person isn't in the country, so it may take between a day or a week.