45rpm

absolut

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a few pairs including Sorahikos and Jomon. Overpriced, especially in the US. At their core these guys are a marketing and fashion company (and there's nothing wrong with that) not a focused denim provider. IMO. Quite disappointed as the jeans are good but priced way above their league outside Japan.

what is retail like in Japan and how much is the inflated cost in the US markets?

I usually just buy all my stuff through ebay/supermarket etc.

I got my Sorahiko like 5 months ago for like 24100 yen, in U.S it cost like $350....and they are probably the best pair of jeans i own.

I've got a few pairs including Sorahikos and Jomon. Overpriced, especially in the US. At their core these guys are a marketing and fashion company (and there's nothing wrong with that) not a focused denim provider. IMO. Quite disappointed as the jeans are good but priced way above their league outside Japan.

I don't think Sorahiko are overpriced personally......the jomon however........:eek:

Hey man, what size are the Jomon? Don't let em sit in your closet, sell them to me!

Hey man, what size are the Jomon? Don't let em sit in your closet, sell them to me!
I want a pair of jomon.....REALLY BAD.....:(

what size are you guys. i got a pair in my sig that im trying to move

W34 - but they're expensive!!

nb re my earlier post they are both excellent jeans I just think they are overpriced. I guess there's a law of diminishing returns......however then I got to thinking about some of the Samurai and SDA special models which are running at $600 plus.........but at least they don't try and segregate the market like 45RPM are doing.

^ I've been buying their stuff for a while and think it's expensive but still the best out there. I agree with your thoughts on other denim but not necessarily on 45RPM. This seems to be their best season in a couple of years; they are back to their roots doing what they do best - indigo.

^ I've been buying their stuff for a while and think it's expensive but still the best out there. I agree with your thoughts on other denim but not necessarily on 45RPM. This seems to be their best season in a couple of years; they are back to their roots doing what they do best - indigo.

Yes, I just feel uncomfortable for some reason with the production of some stuff for the US store only - at a very high price - when essentially if you proxy it in Japan (used to be able to do this with the Sorahiko) it would be way cheaper. ) It seems they're trying to artificially split the market and restrict consumer choice. I may be wrong but the denim is superb and I went ahead and bought from both the US store and Japan anyway.

You have a good point. It's frustrating to pay higher prices for the same items when you see they can be had for considerably less. I suppose import taxes and Yen vs dollar fluctuation have something to do with higher prices in the US. We need to figure a reliable way to buy directly from Japan and pocket the savings!

edit: One problem I see in most items in Japan is sizing, especially shirts. Items made for the US market are generally sized larger, 6 and often times 7.

A lot of good shits on 45rpm Japan store last night, my internet suddenly not working.....a lot of good stuff sold out before i even got there....oh well, at least i got some jackets and shirts i really liked.:D

Anybody brought some good shits last night?:)

Public Service Announcement:

You can buy 1 pair samurai 1 pair eternal 1 pair pbj and 1 pair iron heart for the cost of 1 pair jomons, and they will all come out looking better than that.

Beating a dead horse, I know, but drooling over a picture like that is an emperor's new clothes moment if I've ever seen it.

Public Service Announcement:

You can buy 1 pair samurai 1 pair eternal 1 pair pbj and 1 pair iron heart for the cost of 1 pair jomons, and they will all come out looking better than that.

Beating a dead horse, I know, but drooling over a picture like that is an emperor's new clothes moment if I've ever seen it.

I respect your opinion but i have mine.

can someone please buy the sora 2010 so i can see how the new fit looks. many thanks

That's the best i can come up with....

http://www.rby45rpm.com/whats_100319/index.php