45rpm

absolut

Thanks my man, are they gonna put it on sale on their website too or just in store only? :confused:

I wondering what kind of leather patch are they gonna put on the new Fujimon.:)

Can't say for certain but they will order only one/size of the shirts and others must be special order, so it's mighty limited. I expect the Fujimon will be full run, but limited too. How many pairs of $1280 jeans can they expect to sell? Patch will likely be different from Jomon; just a guess. The buttons are different - blue, something like the enameled UMII 908 buttons.

Can't say for certain but they will order only one/size of the shirts and others must be special order, so it's mighty limited. I expect the Fujimon will be full run, but limited too. How many pairs of $1280 jeans can they expect to sell? Patch will likely be different from Jomon; just a guess. The buttons are different - blue, something like the enameled UMII 908 buttons.

I hope they do a really special patch on the Fujimon but i wouldn't mind they use the same patch as the Jomon.....

I seen the pic of the Fujimon blue buttons, i like it a lot.:D

T

The new Suminando Ultramarine sorahiko.

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=4096012

The new "regular" Ultramarine Sorahiko.

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=4076013

Hard to see from just internet pics. I hope I'll be able to sample all these new versions in the store soon. I've got a huge exam coming up in one week that I"ve been studying my ass off for months for and an 45rpm purchase after all these years will be the perfect reward.

• 2 weeks later...
are they there already? I've been meaning to head down there to celebrate finishing a recent exam. Don't worry, I'll give you the juicy details.

I was busy at work today, when i call them, the Soho store was closed already, then i call the upper east store, they don't know the detail about the Fujimon but they said they will leave a message to the people in Soho store, and they will call me back tomorrow.

They just call me back again, and just told me a little detail about the Fujimon.:)

Size: The smallest they have is size 30, so....no Fujimon for me.:(They suggest me the women version, the denim is lighter but nah....

The cut: There is no difference between the Jomon and the Fujimon AT ALL.

Leather patch: They have no idea how the leather patch is gonna be like but they said it 's most likely like the Jomon.

The dye: Same as Jomon, dyed with the natural indigo 24 times but add the charcoal dye on top of that.

So...yea, i might just get the new Jomon instead.

I've asked the sales in Badou-R store, they're not sure about what Fujimon is. But the New York's 10th anniversary items will also be available in their store from 22nd Oct.

Besides, the denim they called is "Aihiko Sumi-Ai zome", with the price 67000 yen. The distressed type would be 83000yen.

Another one is called “Aihiko Nora-zome”, which comes in distressed as well. The price will be the same as the Sumi-Ai zome.

The Suminando x Charcoal Top Sorahiko has a really nice cut, with a tapered leg and a very smooth bottom silhouette.

Usually, I wear in 31 size but for this one I have to wear in 32.

Maybe it's much like the 2010 sorahiko in the US shop, cause I'm not live in there so I'm not sure about it.

hey guys, sorry for my ignorance but ive been reading the whole thread a couple of times still I didnt get what are the models/cuts that are being offered.. as other brands usually go by number codes, 45rpm goes by name of the models which i find a little bit tricky to understand... maybe im a little slow in my comprehensive department..

anybody willing to shine some light on me about the models/cuts being offered by 45rpm?

also what is the difference between their Badou.R , R by 45rpm and UMII908?

sorry for this noob question...

There are likely mistakes in this because I know of 45RPM only through buying their clothing. partytaco would know better - I think he worked there - maybe he will post a more informative answer.
Denim:
Jomon - Ai dyed to the core, 24 dips, ecru weft, Zim cotton, fits similar to 47 501 but not quite as tight, slight taper from the knee down. Nice texture and beautiful color. $864
Aihiko - Ai dyed to the core, white weft, Zim cotton, fits tighter top block, straight on down. More purple in color. $550 4 years ago
UMII 908 - Ai dyed to the core, white weft, Suvin cotton (sea island/Indian ELS mix, I think), their version of the Lee cut. Great vertical fade, color not as intense. $750 or so four years ago
Fujimon - 10th Anniversary for Soho store - Sumi x natural charcoal top, 24 dips, Nora x charcoal, 12 dips, Ai x charcoal (almost black), couple of distressed models (ugh), all Ai dyed, some with charcoal weft, some with ecru weft, one with brown weft. Jomon cut. The charcoal weft looks cool with 12 dip indigo when cuffed. $1072 to $1328
NandoxNando - Synth dyed, surface dyed warp and weft, straight cut, great color and fades as they age. $400 4-5 years ago
Soraihiko - Synth dyed, ? cotton, two cuts, earlier one pretty loose, newest version slimmer. Their base model. Just bought a pair, they fade SUFU approved so are surface dyed. $368
UMII is their top line. Some interesting clothing: lambskin jackets, indigo dyed linen coats and trousers, Suvin cotton dress shirts, t-shirts. All expensive (relative to their other prices), sold in UES store.
Badou R - Next in line, Ai dyed Eastern shirts (their western shirt), Ai dyed, hand loomed Indian cotton duck trousers and jackets.
R by - Standard line
Someone more informed can clean-up my mistakes or add stuff I missed. - Editorial - They seem to be morphing from artisans passionate about and expert at Ai and synth indigo dyeing into a fashionista brand. Hope at some point they return to their roots cause nobody does indigo better than 45RPM.

Edited by lance

^^ You're welcome, I'll update as I get info. Will look into what Yin thinks and thanks for the rep.

edit - by the way Yin, did you receive my email yesterday?

I'm still a noob when it comes to 45rpm.....:o

Yea, i received it. I thought they are gonna blow my mind but like you said, i'm not very impressed with the new Fujimon either....IMHO, Jomon>>>Fujimon.

Oh yea, mind to post some detail of pics of the Umii908 denim?:D

more informed can clean-up my mistakes or add stuff I missed. - Editorial - They seem to be morphing from an artisan brand passionate about and expert at Ai and synth indigo dying into a fashionista brand. Hope at some point they return to their roots cause nobody does indigo better than 45RPM.

QTMFT.

LC_Miey: Thanks for the rep as well, if you need help, you can all the people at the Soho store, they are very very helpful and they really know what they are talking about and they have the patience to explain very single detail to you, i felt bad that i didn't buy anything....they are THAT nice!!!:o:D

Cheers guys. The new 10th Fujimon denim is very interesting according to lance's description especially the Ai x charcoal one.

so i take it other than r by rpm line, other items are produced just only for that one particular season, like kind of one-off thing?

p/s: it feels good to read/type the models name and actually know which one is which. now i know what fujimon/jomon means. fujimon... ;)

Cheers guys. The new 10th Fujimon denim is very interesting according to lance's description especially the Ai x charcoal one.

so i take it other than r by rpm line, other items are produced just only for that one particular season, like kind of one-off thing?

p/s: it feels good to read/type the models name and actually know which one is which. now i know what fujimon/jomon means. fujimon... ;)

Yes, seems like they don't repeat from one season to the next. Most of their line is one off except for the denim.

Suminando+charcoal Ultramarine sorahiko.:eek:

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=4096009

price is good on those
The Suminando x Charcoal Top Sorahiko has a really nice cut, with a tapered leg and a very smooth bottom silhouette.

Usually, I wear in 31 size but for this one I have to wear in 32.

Maybe it's much like the 2010 sorahiko in the US shop, cause I'm not live in there so I'm not sure about it.

Can anyone help me out with the fit on these guys? They seem really easy to figure out (very slim and waist smaller than tagged), but then 45rpm lists a HIP measurement? And for the size I was considering (size 34) it says they have a 43" hip! I just want some clarification on the cut and actual waist measurements.

Thanks a million guys. I'll be sure to post pictures.